NIGHTWISH Set -List

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
NIGHTWISH made its live debut with new singer Anette Olzon on Saturday (September 22) at Rock Café in Tallinn, Estonia. The group, which appeared under the guise of a NIGHTWISH "cover band" called NACHTWASSER, performed the following tracks:

01. Intro + Bye Bye Beautiful
02. Cadence Of Her Last Breath
03. Dark Chest Of Wonders
04. Ever Dream
05. Come Cover Me
06. Amaranth
07. Sacrament Of Wilderness
08. The Islander
09. The Poet And The Pendulum
10. She Is My Sin
11. Sahara
12. Sleeping Sun
13. Slaying the Dreamer
14. Nemo
---------------
15. Eva
16. Wishmaster
17. Wish I Had An Angel
Outro: Blood Diamond
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

You haven't even heard her do it and you're jumping to conclusions?

I've heard her voice and know it pertains to the pop/contemporary style. Singing those old songs in that style is probably going to sound really weird to those of us used to (and those who prefer) Tarja's operatic voice. At least on those songs. *shrugg*
I am interested to hear what it might sound like but i'm not anticipating something fantastic. sorry :p haha

You got to also remember that this was a CD release party, in which the NIGHTWISH cover band NACHTWASSER performed, which turned out to actually be NIGHTWISH. I believe once they hit the tour circuit you will see them in true NIGHTWISH form, thought not with the Opera vocals of Tarja. And I also have to say Read the book, and alot of things will become clearer.

Set list looks good to me. I gotta believe they'll be mixing it up a bit more at future shows, too. And if they do, hopefully I Wish I Had an Angel gets lost in the mix. Can't stand it, and as a closer it's even worse.

Set list looks good to me. I gotta believe they'll be mixing it up a bit more at future shows, too. And if they do, hopefully I Wish I Had an Angel gets lost in the mix. Can't stand it, and as a closer it's even worse.

Can't agree more. I recently got the End of an Era DVD, and I would've liked to have seen "Over the Hills" swapped with "I Wish I Had an Angel." Oh well...

Open with "Bye, Bye Beautiful", and then close with "Wish I Had An Angel" anything in between is just the icing on the cake.

Amaranth
Eva
Sahara
Stargazers
The Riddler
Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean
The Pharoah Sails to Orion
Wanderlust
Kinslayer
Wishmaster
Crownless
Sleeping Sun
Romanticide

They should play that imo, random I made but I think 3-4 new songs and the rest old is plenty for new album promotion, look at Sonata Arctica.

Open with "Bye, Bye Beautiful", and then close with "Wish I Had An Angel" anything in between is just the icing on the cake.
Heh, I predicted that would be their opener and everyone told me I was nuts. Too inflamatory. I didn't think the guys would care. It's the perfect opener for this tour.

This is from the printed setlist that someone grabbed from the stage after the Nachtwasser concert:
1. Intro + Bye Bye Beautiful
2. Cadence Of Her Last Breath
-Anette speak -
3. Dark Chest Of Wonders
4. Ever Dream
- Marco speak -
5. Come Cover Me / Dead To The World
6. Amaranth / Whoever Brings The Night
- Anette speak -
7. Sacrament Of Wilderness
8. The Islander
9. The Poet And The Pendulum
10. She Is My Sin / The Siren
- Anette speak -
11. Sahara
12. Sleeping Sun
- Marco speak -
13. Slaying the Dreamer
14. Nemo
-----------------------
15. Eva
16. Wishmaster
- Anette & Marco speak -
17. Wish I Had An Angel
Outro: Blood Diamond
I assume that Blood Diamond is from the movie soundtrack composed by James Newton Howard.

They have said in recent interviews that they rehearsed 10 tracks from DPP and 20 old songs (also made new backing tracks to the oldies for Anette). The rate between old/new songs played at gigs is planned to be about 60/40.

As you can see there are alternative pairs marked for three tracks; obviously the setlist will change between gigs more often than on their previous tours.
Which suits very well to me :saint:

Heh, I predicted that would be their opener and everyone told me I was nuts. Too inflamatory. I didn't think the guys would care. It's the perfect opener for this tour.

Most everyone I talked to figured this was a no brainer. Couldn't see them opening with an epic song, and Amaranth is the single so I couldn't see that either. Those aside, nothing else on DPP lends itself to an opener better than Bye Bye Beautiful.