So, I saw Nightwish and Sonata in Worcester tonight (setlist spoilers)

I was very depressed at the little amount of time Sonata Arctica was given. I assumed (silly me) that because they were the only opener that they would have a longer list. White Pearl, Black Ocean was awesome, but for the amount of bowing they could have added another song if they (or whoever decides these things) had wanted.

I was also sad with some of their song picks, what was even more depressing was that large portions of the audience that had been really energetic for the new stuff appeared lost when they started playing the cage... it was frightening! I kinda wish I hadn't gone, as I had seen both bands previously, and both were better the first time.

Went to the Detroit show on Friday - Sonata setlist was exactly as stated above. Hearing WPBO was awesome!! I agree though, the set was too short!! Not really a Nightwish fan, so stayed for a while to check it out but left before it was over.

A few pics on my journal here: http://www.last.fm/user/METLLVR/journal/2008/09/07/25k65n_9508_nightwish_with_sonata_arctica

Nothing too exciting in the merch selection. I think there were just 2 or 3 Nightwish Tshirts and like 4 SA shirts. I picked up an SA girlie shirt, but it doesn't have any sleeves really, so not sure I'll like that, but I like the front and back design (Unia).

I saw this show this past Saturday at the House of Blues, here in Chicago and I share the opinions with most of you....Sonata's setlist was way too short and they could have gone with a better choice of songs. However, in my opinion, 'White Pearl, Black Oceans'...one of the most Epic of SA tunes, made up for any lapse they could have had.
They really should have been headlining this show.
I'm not really a fan of the new Nightwish vocalist, so I didn't stick around for very long, but from what I did hear, Annette was struggling to sing her own songs, but completely butchered the majority of the old Nightwish tunes she attempted.
Very disappointing.
But the place was packed....a sold out show. So, regardless of my personal tastes, they must be doing something right.

From what I recall I think she had a bad cold or something before flying over, so that probably isn't helping her in the vocal dept.

How true that statement is, and she is still feeling a little under the weather, but is a trooper, and will carry on.