NIGHTWISH Set -List

The setlist is pretty under whelming regardless of who's singing the songs. There's a glaring absence of many of their most powerful songs: Elvenpath, Dead To The World, Planet Hell, End Of All Hope etc.
It's also disappointing that it is 40% new material when they have five albums and an EP to select from. I suspect that with their next album Anette material will be 60%, and in a few years there will only be a smattering of Tarja era songs.

Anette is a decent enough, albeit somewhat genric singer, and Nightwish will be oaky. Nevertheless, I 'm just glad I saw Nightwish at PPUSA IV.

Two songs is not bad considering they only played one(Sleeping Sun)at pp4. So adding Sacrament of Wilderness(which is a tough song to sing)is a good sign to me.
Cant wait to hear her sing the old stuff.

They played "Walking In The Air" at PPUSA IV.

I guess you just can't please everyone all the time. If they played a set that was geared to everyone's wants and desires, then the set would be at least 3 or 4 hours long. I think they choose the songs that : #1 Were easiest to transition to Anette's vocals style. #2 Songs that have worked at concerts in the past. #3 Using a majority of songs from the new album is great.

If you notice on "End of an Era" their set list included 8 songs from "Once" 3 from "Century's Child" 2 from "Wishmaster" 1 from "OceanBorn", a John Two-Hawks song, and Marco's Song, and an Intro and an Outro. So, I think the set list is fine. Just my 2 cents worth

I think the set looks fine...I hope they play Whoever Brings The Night at my show, great riffage there.

BTW, does anyone else think Sleeping Sun should be dropped...it's a fitting title because it tends to put me to sleep ;)

Set list looks good to me. I gotta believe they'll be mixing it up a bit more at future shows, too. And if they do, hopefully I Wish I Had an Angel gets lost in the mix. Can't stand it, and as a closer it's even worse.

Can't disagree more. Wish I had an Angel is a phenomenal track and even better as a closer :D. To each his own though, I was a huge fan of Once.

Oh gosh. She's singing the old songs. :ill: Sigh.

mmm... a few of us gals on the board are all singers, and I would def. hate it if someone doubted me without hearing me live just because I don't have the same range as someone else whose song I am singing (and especially because of a youtube video of poor quality). I'd appreciate and pay attention to how she's making it HER song and not trying to satisfy everyone who wanted a Tarja clone.

Anyway.. I am sooooo excited!!!! Whoever sees them first, please post the setlists here!!!!! I really wish they would play Stargazers and my all time favorite, Gethsemane. :worship:notworthy