Nocturnal Rites

ATL

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2007
So I'm obviously new to this forum, but not new to progpower.

Maybe someone has suggested this, but I think Nocturnal Rites would be a great band to fill the 2nd night headlining slot. I know they played Chicago Powefest in 06, but I think they would be a great addition to ProgPower.

What say you?

Out of curiosity. How many people were there at Chicago Powerfest that stayed for them? And what percentage of the attendees stayed for them?

I love what I've heard of this band, but I'm not familiar enough with them to say if they are headliner for PP quality or not. Though there are a few threads on this board already but just that.

yeah.....I'm not gonna lie, I just really wanna see nocturnal rites. haha. I wouldn't really care if they were headlining or not. Seeing them live would make my life complete, and allow me to die in peace.

yeah.....I'm not gonna lie, I just really wanna see nocturnal rites. haha. I wouldn't really care if they were headlining or not. Seeing them live would make my life complete, and allow me to die in peace.

I wish my life could be made that complete... that easily. I'd just buy a ticket to Sweden.

I wish my life could be made that complete... that easily. I'd just buy a ticket to Sweden.

yeah...that would probably be the best solution. Although, I could avoid seeing them for a few more years so I have a reason to live. jk.

Out of curiosity. How many people were there at Chicago Powerfest that stayed for them? And what percentage of the attendees stayed for them?

I love what I've heard of this band, but I'm not familiar enough with them to say if they are headliner for PP quality or not. Though there are a few threads on this board already but just that.

I cant really comment on how many people were there during their set because I was so pumped up during the set I could barely contain myself. Their performance was amazing and between them and Biomechanical it made my weekend complete.

I was not at Powerfest for the first night, only the second and I can tell you that they got a great reception and it seemed that most of the crowd that was there was there to see them. I was completely drained after their performance and ran out of gas to stay any longer for Morgana Lefay. I think a lot of others left, too.

I love these guys and think they would slay as a headliner, but again I don't think it will happen and I agree that they are not worthy yet of headlining status at this fest.

Cheiron. My brother and I went to see Biomechanical and Nocturnal Rites, and everything else was an awesome suprise.

I'd put Nocturnal Rites' explosive attack up there with Edguy at ProgPower III. EASILY. They came to be noticed, and yes they were! Such a stage presence, excellent sound, their lead guitarist was a tornado, and their singer was a hurricane!

I think someone mentioned that a lot of people left after NR played at CPF in another thread mentioning Lefay for the last slot.

I'm not going to comment on a specific band, but rather what I think is required to pull off the last slot of the night regardless of being a "headliner" or "co-headliner." It's all about crossover appeal with both the prog fans and the power fans. If you don't have that, then the Rage effect kicks in. That's why a band like Pagan's Mind can pull off a 4th slot and Virgin Steele resides in a 2nd slot. That's why Primal Fear is in a co-headline position instead of a true headliner position. ProgPower USA is a vortex all it's own so the normal European Fest rules don't apply to us.

That was very insightful Glenn. That clearly descimates (sp?) a NR appearance since they are a 100% Power. So we at least now know it is a band that has a lot of crossover appeal.

That was very insightful Glenn. That clearly descimates (sp?) a NR appearance since they are a 100% Power. So we at least now know it is a band that has a lot of crossover appeal.

Obviously I'm not commenting on NR, but you cannot really look at it that way. Some power bands *do* appeal to the prog crowd. There in lines the hard part about selecting the roster. Yes, the majority of these are true headliners like BG, GR, etc. However, there are those power bands just a notch below that I consider having crossover appeal like Brainstorm, Tad Morose (Urban era), etc.

Probably the only band on my "must see before I die" list. I love this band. Still kicking myself for not making it to powerfest. I think they would slay the place.

i dont consider them 'co-headliner' status
If Virgin Steele got a 3rd slot, Nocturnal Rites arent a headliner

VS is a 4th slot, not 3rd, and if Pagan's Mind can go higher then VS, then NR can Headline.