NOT JUST TITS IN A CORSET: Celebrating Women in Metal Book

There will be a book launch party to kick-off the release of the book! It will be a very fun night!

Three FFM bands will be playing live: A Sound of Thunder, Mindmaze and Flames of Fury
I will be available to autograph books all night long. Free food, cash bar, and lots of special guests!
$10 cover charge at door

Thursday, April 3rd 7-11pm
Roxy & Duke's Roadhouse (home of NJ Proghouse shows)
745 Bound Brook Road (Route 28)
Dunellen, New Jersey

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/538593529570960/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

For all those who contribute to the Indiegogo campaign ($10+) by February 10th, you will receive a FREE admission ticket to the party.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/celebrating-women-in-metal-book/x/309940

We are also hoping to video stream this event live through UStream for those who can't attend in person.

Show flyer!

1743750_639915432741869_1109760421_n.jpg

Still stuck on debating whether I want the ebook or to just suck it up and go for the paperback.

Only a few more days left to contribute to my Indiegogo campaign and pre-order the Celebrating Women in Metal book!! Foreword written by Doro Pesch! All contributions over $10 will also receive a free admission ticket to the book launch party on Thursday, April 3rd in Dunellen, NJ (Roxy & Duke's Roadhouse). A Sound of Thunder, Flames of Fury and Mindmaze will be playing that evening along with some other special guests!! THANK YOU EVERYONE who has already contributed!! I am so excited to share this book with you all next month!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/celebrating-women-in-metal-book/x/309940

$50.49 for softcover and $60.99 for hardcover?

I'd love to support and buy it (especially the physical thing), but these prices are just not even funny...

This was just posted on the Hellion facebook wall....

"I am VERY UPSET because there is a false and VERY OFFENSIVE quote in the new book about women in metal -- "Not Just Tits In a Corset" -- that is credited to myself. It is one thing for a publisher to edit quotes in a story, but when an author makes up false and offensive quotes out of thin air, it is not okay -- especially when they concern and are insulting to Ronnie James Dio. I have copies of all of my communications with the author, as well as a complete copy of the interview which I did for the book. Not once did I ever say anything about Ronnie being "too tall" or anything like that. I have demanded a public retraction from the author and that the quote be removed from the book and not be shipped with that quote." -Ann Boleyn-

$50.49 for softcover and $60.99 for hardcover?

I'd love to support and buy it (especially the physical thing), but these prices are just not even funny...

Same goes for horror movie books...super high prices...I understand the cost of these things but sometimes the price is a turnoff because you don't really know the quality of the info you are getting in it.

Same goes for horror movie books...super high prices...I understand the cost of these things but sometimes the price is a turnoff because you don't really know the quality of the info you are getting in it.

Just as a comparison... Mean Deviation, the unquestionable, absolute bible of progressive metal goes for about $20...

Hellion issued this statement today:

A NOTE FROM ANN BOLEYN: "Yesterday I learned that there was a serious error in the editing of a quote of mine that was included in a coffee table book that is being promoted on a number of news sites. Initially it appeared that there was no way for the problem to be corrected. Thankfully, I have since been informed that the problem was corrected. I would like to thank everyone for their support, and to Jill, the author, for her prompt attention to solving this issue." -Ann Boleyn- Wednesday, March 12, 2014