Now Annette out of Nightwish

e31.jpg

I'm becoming less and less enchanted with this band every time they release a press statement. On stage and musically, they're fantastic. Off stage with the fans they're just as great. However, professionally, they all strike me as a bunch of uptight twats. And I realize that's not a fair assumption because I have no idea what's been going on within the band, but it certainly seems like they have a 0 tolerance policy.

Maybe they'll invite Tarja back. (lol)

Considering the fact that she couldn't keep her mouth shut and solve things internally, I can't say I fully blame them. I'm not that surprised.

I mean come on now... Usually you don't publicly slam your boss and get away with it.

Awesome. Hopefully the band returns to its greatness. They already have a much better singer. I wish this had happened before ProgPower.

After having read the other NW thread and coming up to speed a little bit more, it seems like Annette was turning into Tarja of old. This is why I don't like to follow band politics. It just hurts the band when it all comes out in the public.

This parting was handled better than their last, so there's that.

Considering the fact that she couldn't keep her mouth shut and solve things internally, I can't say I fully blame them. I'm not that surprised.

I mean come on now... Usually you don't publicly slam your boss and get away with it.

I think the difference is that she didn't think they were her "boss". In my opinion, when you join a band, you're all in it together.. unless you're Nightwish. I know she's still the new kid, but they've done what, 2 albums with her already? Doesn't seem right that they would get rid of her so quickly, but hey, I'm not in the band. I don't know what's up with them. Just seems very weird to me.

Can't say I'm bothered by this in the slightest. I've never thought that her vocals fit with the band all that well, and didn't enjoy her much on stage either. Would have been a cool show to see with Floor and Elize!

This parting was handled better than their last, so there's that.
Give it time...if there still hasn't been any drama played out publicly in 60 days, then we can safely say it was handled better than last time.

HORRRY CLLLAAPPPP!

I think we all saw it coming... she's wanted to do her own thing for a while. And at PP, she seems just a little more distant than I've seen before at shows.
Seems like she quit because others were asked to step in in her sickness, seems like a frail excuse. Things happen, and when you have as much inertia as NW does, trains gotta keep a rollin. IMO, she was looking for a way out.
Sad though.
To all the people who say bring back Tarja...That would be the biggest disaster ever for the band. Their sound has changed and so much more to the point where Tar's voice just would not work.

Time for NW to be reborn AGAIN! Some small part of me wonders if this could be the end though. The guys have been through so much I wouldn't be surprised.

In my opinion, when you join a band, you're all in it together.. unless you're Nightwish.

Hahaha, no. They're not a DIY, underground band. They're huge. This is a huge, extremely profitable business and the leaders/managers treat it as such. To expect this would be "just a band" is ridiculous. If she had that mentality going in, well, she's delusional.

Awesome. Hopefully the band returns to its greatness. They already have a much better singer. I wish this had happened before ProgPower.

This. I never cared for Annette. I thought she sounded thin and weak both times I saw them with her. Floor, on the other hand, is amazing. It would be interesting if that became permanent.

To expect this would be "just a band" is ridiculous. If she had that mentality going in, well, she's delusional.

I wouldn't say that having a creative voice means it's "just a band".. especially if she's been there for 2 albums. I'm also not a huge Nightwish fan so this isn't breaking my heart or anything. I just think it's weird that they gave her the ole heave-ho after one sad little blog post. I assume there were other issues at play, there. Maybe she wasn't getting along with them and they needed an excuse to get rid of her. No idea.

Hahaha, no. They're not a DIY, underground band. They're huge. This is a huge, extremely profitable business and the leaders/managers treat it as such. To expect this would be "just a band" is ridiculous. If she had that mentality going in, well, she's delusional.

+1

Paging Mr. Schaffer to explain the process.

The Blabbermouth comments on the story about her blog post are not nice to Annette. There are some haters out there. I thought she did a fine job at ProgPower; I thought she was charismatic and looked like she was having a fun time. Not being a huge fan of the band, I can't say how she compares to Tarja, as I never saw Tarja live. I do think they are quite different in style. Regardless, I think her blog post was unprofessional and I applaud the band for going through with a show when their singer was unable to sing.

Additionally, Floor is awesome...wonder if she'll become more than just a temp worker here?