Pearl Jam

I hate Pearl Jam, I hate eddie vedder, they wrote some poppy whiny shit that I will despise until death. They dissapeared anyway, they are not true artists they just want the money, and I have heard Eddie Vedder is a dickhead in person.

Alteredmindeath said:
I hate Pearl Jam, I hate eddie vedder, they wrote some poppy whiny shit that I will despise until death. They dissapeared anyway, they are not true artists they just want the money, and I have heard Eddie Vedder is a dickhead in person.

You clearly have no idea who pearl jam is if thats what you think about them.

i don't know, i just always thought pearl jam was one of those bands that there's no real reason to hate them... you canot like them, but hate them? i don't know why.. but oh well...

anyway... i dont think the sex pistols are as overrated as nirvana and/or metallica... i don't really like any of those really

Don Corleone said:
anyways, what are vedder and his band are up to these days?

well.. the new CD comes out in May, it's been said it's going to be their heaviest album yet, something in the vein of "Vs." apparently the new single comesout this MONTH!... "worldwide suicide" is the name :oops:
then comes the american/australian/european tour, ad i hope they include mexico once again :D

that's all i know so far :headbang:

oh, what a name for a song ;)
must be bout environmental pollution!
Cant wait till they announce tour! This year's gonna be a mad one, SO many bands on tour! YAY!

Kenneth R. said:
unlike Nirvana, Metallica was actually GOOD at some point.

That about sums it up.

Who was it that said PJ are progressive? Now, I quite like early PJ but that's a ridiculous call. They're a pretty basic band that released a few decent albums before becoming stale.

As I said earlier, Alice in Chains kick their collective arses.

Yes I know, but I still don't understand how they're progressive. To me they don't do anything out of the ordinary whatsoever.

There is a reason progressive bands fit into the progressive genre and if a band can't claim to fit in some ways into a progressive genre then they're hardly progressive are they?

Example: Opeth aren't progressive in regards to the progressive genre (Dream Theater, Rush, Spock's Beard etc) but are often referred to as progressive death metal which I guess is a genre in itself. So yes, Opeth might be called progressive. Pearl Jam? No.

And there is nothign special by the way about either Mike or Stone (although Mike is decent - the highlight if his career was the Mad Season album).

That is all

worldwide_suicide said:
"They aren't innovative, Original, progressive or intelligent."

innovative- When pearl jam came out.. how many bands sounded like them before? Damn! they helped create a new genre that basically changed the world!

Original- having 100 eddie's in this world that came 10 years after pearl jam doesn't make them "unoriginal". In fact, i fnd their music very original and i can tell it's pearl jam as much as i can tell it's opeth just by listening one riff.

Progressive- Do yourself a favor, listen to yield all the way through Riot Act... then come here again and say they're not progressive... they might not be in the "progressive genre", but they could be as well, being that progressive means to progress.

Intelligent- LEt's see... they stopped making videos, releasing singles, they turned down their deal with their label just to gain more power over their music, they stopped playing "grunge" music much before it stopped being HOT, they took ticketmaster to court, etc... yes, i think they're very silly, especially when you want to be music industry's bitch of the month

:lol: Pearl jam progressive rock? now I've heard them all.

Btw I know what i said is opinion and not fact so maybe you guys who are taking it so seriously should realize that your thoughts too, are only opinions..
I think Pearl Jam are over-rated & boring as shit, you don't.. different opinions...

shark22 said:
To Benighted1: I agree, but you should be more respecting of others taste instead of talking like a jackass all the time.
:tickled: You moron. :tickled:

I guess, I have stated the whole time that it is only my opinion though..
Also I really don't see how a Pearl Jam thread relates to Opeth..

ok, i know they're opinions, and i'm just stating mine, i respect yours, you respect mine... who cares?

and Moonlapse made it very clear that any music-related thread can be accepted here.

worldwide_suicide said:
ok, i know they're opinions, and i'm just stating mine, i respect yours, you respect mine... who cares?

and Moonlapse made it very clear that any music-related thread can be accepted here.

really? must have missed the meeting.. Cool!