Potential Format Change: Feedback Requested

Harvester said:
I am considering changing the set times for next year. It may be for only a single night or both..or none at all. It's getting to the point where having four true big headliners is getting harder to pull off without repeating myself (and spending an assload of $$$). However, there are some monster mid-card bands still out there that I am dying to have.

I am considering adding 15 minutes to the 2nd band and subtracting 15 minutes from the 4th band if the quality is available. It would look like this:

1- 45 mins (opener)
2- 60 mins
3- 60 mins
4- 75 mins
5- 90+ mins

What say you?

Glenn H.

I was just starting to think this myself... there are a number of excellent bands that people would enjoy at this festival, but who don't quite have the "seniority" (so to speak) or the popularity to be one of the 4 headliners. A lot of the bands that have the status to be headliners have already appeared, and when trying to imagine a theoretical ProgPower VII lineup, I'm having trouble coming up with 4 headliners. But some bands off the top of my head that would probably go down great in a mid-card slot... Falconer, Labyrinth, Nocturnal Rites, Masterplan, Sieges Even, Mob Rules, Voice, Charon, Wolverine, Firewind, Slough Feg... and no doubt many others. Repeat appearances are certainly a good thing (after all, people do like those bands)... as long as enough time has passed that people don't feel like they're seeing the same bands every year, and that the band in question has released 1 or 2 new albums in the meantime, so that their set will feature some different material than their last appearance. But altering the timeslots is a great idea... this minor scheduling change could give you a remarkable amount of breathing room when it comes to band selection. And of course, you could always revert to the dual-headliner approach if the bands you have lined up warrant it.

Man, I'm upset. I went specifically to see Angra and Stratovarius, and I can't remember much of their sets being half asleep at the time. Can we have a do over?

Symphorce, Stride or Circus Maximus could have definitely used 15 minutes of Therion's time..