PP USA VII: Band #7 & #8 confirmed

Vision Devine is pretty good and mercenary is alright. Still waiting on the headliners to see if i'll go.

PS any speculation on who the headliners will be?

*Edit ahhh Mercenary has growling
Therefore they Suck

Thanks, Glenn.....now I won't have to sit on the Mercenary news for another month! :worship: It'll be awesome to see them again! I'll have to go check out Vision Divine, but given the commentary here, I'm sure they won't suck.

(Sheesh, I decide not to check the Forum for one night -- ONE night -- and look what happens......)

lee drummond said:
*Edit ahhh Mercenary has growling
Therefore they Suck

lol! You are cordially invited to stay the fuck home and listen to some nice, safe power-metal.

You could actually give Mercenary a chance, but....why bother? There are safer, more comfortable roads to follow. And there's nothing wrong with that.......

Pellaz said:
Thanks, Glenn.....now I won't have to sit on the Mercenary news for another month! :worship: It'll be awesome to see them again! I'll have to go check out Vision Divine, but given the commentary here, I'm sure they won't suck.

(Sheesh, I decide not to check the Forum for one night -- ONE night -- and look what happens......)

lol! You are cordially invited to stay the fuck home and listen to some nice, safe power-metal.

You could actually give Mercenary a chance, but....why bother? There are safer, more comfortable roads to follow. And there's nothing wrong with that.......

wow, tough dude, you must be living on the edge because you listen to harsh vocals.

OK, I'll play Moses in this skit and 'part the waters' (give me a sec to put this goofy huge fake grey/white beard on)...

NOW, 'scuse me to have to vent, but we have a great show coming in Sept. UNLIKE 47 of the 52 Septembers I have been on this planet, it includes an actual metal festival here in the States. And a good one at that. Epica? Savage Circus? Vision Divine? Thunderstone? And even more bands to be announced? What the f#%k more do you want? And so, do the 2% whiners need to ONLY have Maiden, Priest, Dream Theatre blah blah blah? GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK!!! I am BORED S#%&LESS of hearing mainstream huge selling bands. Big money DOES NOT make a metal band. HUNGER does. Give me good unknown Euro power/prog metal bands with a couple albums under their belt ANY day over Dream Theater. D.T. is great, but overkill is a word I think of when I think of them.

What I like about PP is the opportunity to spread my musical horizons. And for the hints here and there suggesting that Glenn is running out of ideas? That's a good one. There are plenty of bands left to choose from, and he has picked yet another unique lineup this year. I see '07 thru '12 getting to see After Forever, Arachnes, Axenstar, Casus Belli, Dark Moor, Domain, Gjallahorn, Doomsword, Drakkar, Edenbridge, Elwing, Firewind, Ghost Machinery, Heimdall, Highland Glory, Human Fortress, Labyrinth, Machine Men, Madryghal, Masterplan ('06?), Nostradameus, Olympus Mons, Rebellion, Shaman, Supreme Majesty, Winterlong, The Storyteller and many others. Just because you have not heard of a band does not mean they suck, and just because you may not like their albums does not mean they won't sound great live. At PP 3 I didn't like Threshold's albums all that much, but they were great live.

All I am saying is expand your horizons, or go see Ozzfest with the poseurs. :worship:

Ned, i see you and i are the same age, i do have a few years on you, and you my friend hit the nail on the HEAD, expand your horizons guys. You listed alot of bands i enjoy listening to, are they my favorites??? Not at all. Would i spend the money to go see they make their USA debut at the premier festival in the world??? You bet your azz i would. Example: Until 7 months ago i had never heard of FREAK KITCHEN. Someone on here mentioned them(J_DUBYA 777) i gave a listen and now i am the proud sponsor of FREAK KITCHEN FOR PPVII. Some of you guys need to get out more often, or better yet get out of your rut, take the blinders off, and smell the *F#$%#&G roses or you will be left totally behind. Thanks NED for the thoughtfull insight. See you at PPVII which i will proudly attend regardless of who is playing.

john

ashaman7122 said:
So wait, let me understand you properly.

You take offense to this post...BECAUSE...you see yourself AT BOTH EXTREMES(???) of my little example. (You must be from Jersey...and easily offended)...Evidently...you're an "unenlightened poseur?"...WTF??? I ASKED WHERE YOU FALL IN THE MIDDLE...HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MIDDLE GROUND...............? That seems to be what you said.

You didn't quite get the gist of my examples...that doesn't make you a snob or a poseur...it makes you a dumbass.

For the record...Black metal: none; Death metal: not a big fan...; Viking metal: pff...what the fuck?...get real...

See, now I asked you simple and more importantly, POLITE questions, and your response is that I'm a dumbass?

Tell you what, clean the sand out of your vagina, then come back when you're feeling more fresh down there, we'll talk then.

Exploding Ned said:
OK, I'll play Moses in this skit and 'part the waters' (give me a sec to put this goofy huge fake grey/white beard on)...

NOW, 'scuse me to have to vent, but we have a great show coming in Sept. UNLIKE 47 of the 52 Septembers I have been on this planet, it includes an actual metal festival here in the States. And a good one at that. Epica? Savage Circus? Vision Divine? Thunderstone? And even more bands to be announced? What the f#%k more do you want? And so, do the 2% whiners need to ONLY have Maiden, Priest, Dream Theatre blah blah blah? GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK!!! I am BORED S#%&LESS of hearing mainstream huge selling bands. Big money DOES NOT make a metal band. HUNGER does. Give me good unknown Euro power/prog metal bands with a couple albums under their belt ANY day over Dream Theater. D.T. is great, but overkill is a word I think of when I think of them.

What I like about PP is the opportunity to spread my musical horizons. And for the hints here and there suggesting that Glenn is running out of ideas? That's a good one. There are plenty of bands left to choose from, and he has picked yet another unique lineup this year. I see '07 thru '12 getting to see After Forever, Arachnes, Axenstar, Casus Belli, Dark Moor, Domain, Gjallahorn, Doomsword, Drakkar, Edenbridge, Elwing, Firewind, Ghost Machinery, Heimdall, Highland Glory, Human Fortress, Labyrinth, Machine Men, Madryghal, Masterplan ('06?), Nostradameus, Olympus Mons, Rebellion, Shaman, Supreme Majesty, Winterlong, The Storyteller and many others. Just because you have not heard of a band does not mean they suck, and just because you may not like their albums does not mean they won't sound great live. At PP 3 I didn't like Threshold's albums all that much, but they were great live.

All I am saying is expand your horizons, or go see Ozzfest with the poseurs. :worship:

What a great post, Ned!

And it's Shaaman...not Shaman...dude...get your shit together.

Just kidding!

Rock on!

MadeInNewJersey said:
...you are a dick, is that it? K, got it, just checking. Carry on now. :tickled:

C'mon man, it took you this long to figure that out...?

Just bustin' your balls, Jersey-boy...that's all.

Rock on!

Hey.....I just wanna say thanks for all the nice comments and great response. We are really looking forward to tear Earthlink apart together with all of you......See y´all in September!!!!!

Mike
Drums/Mercenary :headbang: