ProgPower Iconic Moments Over The Years

A couple of early ones:

*Tom Englund's Hair being stuck in the ceiling of JJ Kelleys for PP I while he was headbanging (I may have the person wrong, because I wasn't there, but I have heard stories).

*Dan Swano sight reading the lyrics he was singing for the Nightingale set because he didn't have time to memorize them (PP II). Suprisingly, he was really good.

PP 7:
It involved pot, a bible, a certain band's keyboardist, and a certain hotel's roof..
Hilarity ensued as well as a PP legend imo.

I guess their shit doesn't go to 11.

They had to have been getting all their metal from another dimension, but all that crossing the streams has got to be rough on the proton packs they must have powering their amps.

Kamelot at ProgPower IV when the girl came out to sing and she looked like she didn't know how to use the microphone...

She was Mrs. Thomas Youngblood. I didn't think it was thaaat bad.

No one mentioned the Angel Dust stage dive. Everyone cleared out before the vocalist hit the floor.

The Pain of Salvation practical joke during soundcheck. Daniel was led to believe that his guitar was flown back to Sweden at the airport by mistake.

You can find many of these stories on this thread on the Behind The Scenes documentary DVD on the merchandise page of the website, for those that still don't own one.

What wound up on the editing floor of that DVD: Midnight hitting on Maria the bartender. Painfully funny.

* Jorn Lande emerging for Ark's show at PPUSA II? III? wearing corpsepaint.

(Backstage right before that:
JP: You're not going onSTAGE looking like that?!"
JL: Of course I am! )

:heh:

A couple of early ones:

*Tom Englund's Hair being stuck in the ceiling of JJ Kelleys for PP I while he was headbanging (I may have the person wrong, because I wasn't there, but I have heard stories).

Yep, that was Tom.

*Dan Swano sight reading the lyrics he was singing for the Nightingale set because he didn't have time to memorize them (PP II). Suprisingly, he was really good.

Well, yeah, being a musical genius and all. He probably has about half-a-million lyrical words published by now, between all of his projects. :)

We still joke about his butchery of the English language to this day -- When he was trying to find out the attendance figure, and yelled out "HOW MANY ARE YOU?!?!"

- R

Did anyone catch that Elvenking's vocalist (also from Italy) yelled out "HOW MUCH ARE YOU?" It made me laugh and immediately think of the Secret Sphere-thing.

The Pain of Salvation practical joke during soundcheck. Daniel was led to believe that his guitar was flown back to Sweden at the airport by mistake.

That was tough, Wayne and I were there in the middle of it and Johan hands me his guitar "here, go hide this, it is going to be funny ... " Daniel's expression was not funny.

Classic.

"ironic" A guy in an Iced Earth t shirt the day Iced Earth were play standing with a group of guys all in Iced Earth shirt, bitching about all the people in Symphony X t shirts. Now that is ironic. Hell that fest is full of nothing but "that guy". But at least they are humorous

PPI - Alex Arellano's (Power of Omens) drum set - OMG!!!
PPI - Me playing Pinella's keyboards for the sound check lol
PPII - Flying to ATL after 9-11
PPII - The Epic Escalator when we took the Marta to the Pre-Show party.
PPII - John Macaluso nearly destroying the skins on the kit after Ark.
PPIV - Hurricane Ivan

others:
Chris giving Maria a lap dance
Orphan Land un-plugged set = AWESOMENESS

Got a brand new one that just happened tonight!

For ProgPower IX, the guitarist of Andromeda popping a string on his guitar during the last song of their set, thus resulting in an impromptu drum solo while the guitar techs were taking care of the problem!

This is the most memorable "iconic moment" for me. Actually, it was Jon's guitar (tone pot) that burned up, not the amp. He looked so upset and dumbfounded (he didn't know what the problem was until after the set), that he was practically speechless. That was the last song to be played anyway, so you missed only about 2 minutes of the entire set.

Damien's body-painted topless girl was the #2 moment for me. Glenn never seen that coming. Actually, I don't think anybody did except Damien and his guest. I was in the pit with Glenn and his jaw was on the floor. He seemed a bit upset at first, but then just went with the flow of things when he realized there was probably nothing he could do about it anyway. :loco:

Last year
First song of the All Star Jam was 'The Final Countdown".
Flor's mic was not working. The band played the whole song anyway. When she got a fresh mic, the crowd was chanting 'One More Time'.
They ripped into it again, and she smoked it.
That was killer!

:D

Last year
First song of the All Star Jam was 'The Final Countdown".
Flor's mic was not working. The band played the whole song anyway. When she got a fresh mic, the crowd was chanting 'One More Time'.
They ripped into it again, and she smoked it.
That was killer!

Oh, yesss.

Also, from the same All-Star Jam, Floor Jansen and Ralf Scheepers' duet on Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever" -- absolutely stunning.

Some other iconic moments...

-- PPUSA I: Pain of Salvation's set...still one of the Top 5 performances I've EVER seen

-- as mentioned before, Orphaned Land's acoustic set at the pre-party.

-- Marc Brueland and Nightwish at PPUSA IV

-- Therion's set. I was blown away and I was already expecting a great show!....

-- Freak Kitchen's extended performance at the pre-party last year, which I was lucky enough to catch from the front...just amazing