ProgPower IV Review

YtseJammer said:
It's not Rage's fault they stole the show.

Eh...I think Rage are the one's who stole the show. They may have been headlining, but I think most people expected Evergrey to definately be the best of the night, and then Rage came out and just had a better performance IMO and I know some people agree.

well headline or no.. it's a matter of respect as well.. Rage has been around for how long? Have how many albums? They deserved the slot. And we all know that Glenn would have Evergrey play all of their albums front to back on one night if he could, that shows once again that Glenn knows what he's doing. Plus, the last 2 bands are both headliners anyhow, just one plays before the other is all.

Granted I only stayed for 3 songs, but I enjoyed them a lot.. it was too cold where we were.. a lot of people left die to arctic temps.

also you could tell by the size of the crowd how many people were into whhich bands.. the most packed award I think goes to Nightwish, hands down. C2C, Symphony X and Evergrey also had the most draw of all the other bands.

C2C packed the place with an earlier slot and that says a lot, kinda like Silent Force last year. I know it's hard to tear yourself away from the great vendors and sponataneous photo ops, but thats what GBs are for.. 1 hour early, I had my shoppin 80% done the first night during that hour.

RAGE was absolutely amazing!!! I agree they owned PPIV. I bought their new CD "Unity" (thanks to alexofbodom) and it will be a while until I remove it from my CD player...it rocks!!!:headbang:

One more time: Rage was incredible! Yes, I was a fan before PPIV, but I never saw them live before. All the bands were at least very good (I missed Redemption), but Rage took home the gold!!!

My Top 5 Performances
1 - Rage (Those that left early sorry, maybe Glenn can start the festival at 4:00pm so you guys don't miss the train)
2 - Nightwish
3 - Symphony X (Even with the bad sound system)
4 - Circle To Circle (The Savatage Part blew me away)
5 - Vanden Plas

Rage "stole the show" for me as well! In restrospect I wish they had played before Evergrey just so that more people would have been exposed to their amazing performance. But such is life.

Doug

My rankings:

RAGE - simply unreal power and energy!
PAGAN'S MIND - my favorite band going into PPIV
SYMPHONY X - "The Odyssey"as their closer...'nuff said
C II C - powerful songs and great guest appearance!
MERCENARY - surprisingly strong material
EVERGREY - the old standby. Nice diversity in the setlist.