ProgPower USA VIII: First Band confirmed

+1

The best vocalists in metal today, IMO, are the ones who sound great while singing, but who also do an excellent job growling, and there aren't too many of those. Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth is one enduring example.

Pellaz said:
+1

The best vocalists in metal today, IMO, are the ones who sound great while singing, but who also do an excellent job growling, and there aren't too many of those. Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth is one enduring example.

So can Phil Labonte of All that Remains. But many of the 'troo' folks seem to not like them.

Pellaz said:
+1

I'm with you there. Though, heaven knows I'm an Opeth fangirl :worship:
Derek Bonner on Lilitu's Memorial album did a great job as well.

Got the Tales From Sadness CD in yesterday...man...what a great album.

A few times, some of their rhythms got a bit ploddingly mechanical (could have used a few more change-ups, or maybe just a bit more aggression), so that took a little edge off the material, but...considering they didn't have a full time lead guitarist...eh, who knows?

Bottom line, it's a diverse set of original songs made for a great album. Knowing that Glenn had mentioned that this one didn't really impress him, it has me totally intruiged for the Flies & Lies album.

Highly recommended!

Rock on!