ProgPower USA X Bands

CM and OL seal the deal for me. As far as Friday goes, I'm psyched for Matos but thus far apathetic about the other bands that night. Hopefully I will get into it as I explore their catalogs.

Surprised to see Tomorrow's Eve so far down the list, but oh well.

After being unable to make a first appearance for the 2005 show, and being on hiatus from college since, I do I will do everything in my power to attend this! Dolamite, get the Jager ready.

ITS ON LIKE FUCKING DONKEY KONG!!!!

I would love to see Within Temptation here sometime.

While I agree with you, the chances of that happening about between zero and none. They are too mainstream for this event, I'm afraid. Glenn tries to bring in bands that either never toured the US before or more of a niche audience. Also, my guess is that WT is waaaaaayyyyy outside the budget that Glenn would like to spend on a band. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

not my cup of tea. I was hoping a Savatage Reunion, Circle to Circle, Evergrey.... I don't think I'll be heading down there next year unless a band I really like is added. Although Fates Warning is pretty cool. I guess I am more a rocker than a progger :)

No Pretty Maids, but I guess that's for when I win the lottery and get them, Pink Cream 69, a reunited Harem Scarem, the Marcello - Vestry lineup, Danger Danger, and Bonfire to play a gig for me.

HA HA!!! DUDE, you better invite me when you do this! I'll bring Jeff Scott Soto, Jaded Heart, and Fair Warning with me!!! Now, THAT's a festival!

In

No Pretty Maids, but I guess that's for when I win the lottery and get them, Pink Cream 69, a reunited Harem Scarem, the Marcello - Vestry lineup, Danger Danger, and Bonfire to play a gig for me.

HA HA!!! DUDE, you better invite me when you do this! I'll bring Jeff Scott Soto, Jaded Heart, and Fair Warning with me!!! Now, THAT's a festival!

In all seriousness though, I'm super stoked about next year's line-up! Am anxiously awaiting that "you are a power quest sponsor" e-mail.....

This is the weakest line up yet. Every year seems to get less appealing to me. There is no way I would make the trip for this show. But we all know it will still sell out.

How can you call this line-up weak??? In your opinion maybe, but to each his own i guess, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and In my Opinion this is one hell of a lineup, especially DSO, Sabaton, and Royal Hunt.

Seeing Andre Matos live will be one of the highlights of my life.

I always said that the day Glenn books him, he'd be a headliner.

To those who said I was out of my mind, ridiculous, and knew nothing about it... UP YOUR ASSES!

I thought Glenn stated before this year was announced that he was going to do six bands per night only this year. Looks like next year is the same thing (and on Saturday, it will be the same length, but with 5 bands if rumors are true). I don't know about anybody else, but after standing for six bands, I was wiped. 10 hours of metal takes a lot of energy. Besides, when the hell are we supposed to go eat on Saturday! There are no weak bands there.

Everyone at the venue was extremely excited about the lineup. I, myself, am utterly excited.

Well, except for that bunch of drunk idiots on the floor who were yelling "what the fuck" after nearly every band appeared on the screen.... :rolleyes:

Ok I really think next year's line up is veryyyyyyyyyyy good. And I jumped like a retard with Milton when they announced Orphaned Land. I am very excited.

Yep, I did, too. And that, my friends, was also when Paul lost his voice for good, screaming like a banshee at OL's announcement. :) (My voice is still gone, too.)

waited over 11 years to see Andre sing..Fates and Orphaned Land?..i probably will try and return for the 1st time in 5 years.

Andre is one of very few high-pitched vocalists I can stand...hell, he might be the ONLY one. I can't explain it. And yeah, it's been a long wait for me, too.

Surprised that DSO is playing after [Power Quest], will be interesting to hear Glenn's rationale on that decision.

Glenn likes to start things off with a big bang.

10 hours of metal takes a lot of energy. Besides, when the hell are we supposed to go eat on Saturday! There are no weak bands there.

Glenn will just have to book that 'Dinner Break' band, like he did for PPUSA 1.0. (They had a very low mix, and truly had NO stage presence whatsoever.) :lol:

I think it's funny how some people say "Power Quest should take at least a 3rd slot", and yet at the same time say "Who the fuck is Andre Matos?" Get real...
:lol:

And one more thing, to those who thought Evergrey was a definite. Come on people, THINK!!! Of course they wouldn't be on the roster simply because EVERYONE expected them to be on it! Glenn wouldn't be surprising anyone if he booked Evergrey, so there!

hey Glenn you think you might ever have the 'old school' power metal bands on? I know they more than likely draw like shit, but just as a tribute and 'respect' kind of thing