ProgPower USA XI

I've never been to ProgPower or any kind of festival before for that matter. The bands are playing the 10th and 11th but the dates say the 8th-11th. What's on the 8th and 9th?

The ProgPower Showcase show, usually with 4 bands, will be on the 9th, which is the Thursday night right before ProgPower USA itself.
Glenn also schedules....something interesting...on the preceding Wednesday night for localz and early-arrivers.

The ProgPower Showcase show, usually with 4 bands, will be on the 9th, which is the Thursday night right before ProgPower USA itself.
Glenn also schedules....something interesting...on the preceding Wednesday night for localz and early-arrivers.

Will we find out who is playing the Showcase show before the event? Also, how fast do the tickets sell out? I need two and want to make sure I get them in time.

Will we find out who is playing the Showcase show before the event? Also, how fast do the tickets sell out? I need two and want to make sure I get them in time.

Hi there! Yes, we will find out who's playing the Showcase on Thurs. night before the event. The Showcase bands are usually announced in March. This is the first year ever that tickets have gone on sale immediately after the festival. Usually, ticket sales do not begin until March for the September festival. In all honestly, there's no way to tell how quickly tickets will sell out. One year, tickets sold out in 3 days, and last year, the festival did not sell out at all.

I hope this answers your questions!

~Jen

I really hope you do. Those are always fun to read and 2010's 'behind the scenes' post promises to be fascinating. For example, I'm still in awe -- but a bit perplexed -- over Tyr. :headbang:

+1

I always like to know Glenn's reasoning for choosing bands (why this band over this one, who wasn't available, etc.). Always nice to know what goes on from the inside.

And I'm also curious about Tyr as well. I like them, just never thought I'd see them at PP USA. :headbang::kickass:

The following bands will play for the first time ever on American soil at ProgPower USA XI in 2010:

Seventh Wonder
Stormwarrior
Illusion Suite
Paradox
Oceans of Sadness
DGM
Delain
Tarot

That's 8 out of the 12 bands!!

~Jen

The following bands will play for the first time ever on American soil at ProgPower USA XI in 2010:

Seventh Wonder
Stormwarrior
Illusion Suite
Paradox
Oceans of Sadness
DGM
Delain
Tarot

That's 8 out of the 12 bands!!

~Jen
I am really looking forward to seeing most of those bands!:headbang::kickass:

After reading about the financial and visa issues that afflicted this year's ProgPower, I made it a personal goal to get down here next year no matter what the lineup was, since I've wanted to go to PPUSA ever since hearing about it. When I saw the lineup, I practically jumped for joy, as: a) Kamelot's one of my absolute favorite bands; b) I rather like Seventh Wonder and Tarot; c) I'm incredibly interested in Týr, DGM, and Oceans of Sadness. I bought my tickets a few days after they went on sale, and they're sitting next to me now. Hope to be able to meet some of you next September! :kickass:

After reading about the financial and visa issues that afflicted this year's ProgPower, I made it a personal goal to get down here next year no matter what the lineup was, since I've wanted to go to PPUSA ever since hearing about it. When I saw the lineup, I practically jumped for joy, as: a) Kamelot's one of my absolute favorite bands; b) I rather like Seventh Wonder and Tarot; c) I'm incredibly interested in Týr, DGM, and Oceans of Sadness. I bought my tickets a few days after they went on sale, and they're sitting next to me now. Hope to be able to meet some of you next September! :kickass:
Welcome, brother! Where are you from, BTW?

More like sister, haha! :loco: I'm up in CT - ProgPower's actually going to be the farthest I've ever been from here. I'm rather excited.