ProgPower USA XI

Should be a great weekend. Didn't get to go this weekend even though I bought my gold badge, but I can't wait for next year.

Delain and Tarot are easily enough to get me there. However, there are definitely a lot of bands I will need to look into. Can anyone familiar with the other bands (other then Kamelot) give me an idea of albums to check out.

Wow....I was way off. I am very very surprised at TYR, they have played the US twice already. Kind of a nice odd pick. Stormwarrior is a fantastic choice. I think they will destroy anyone that day. Nocturnal Rites are amazing live. Very interesting line up. I like Hammerfall but have seen them twice now. Thier last US tour they were just so-so live.

Should be a great weekend. Didn't get to go this weekend even though I bought my gold badge, but I can't wait for next year.

Delain and Tarot are easily enough to get me there. However, there are definitely a lot of bands I will need to look into. Can anyone familiar with the other bands (other then Kamelot) give me an idea of albums to check out.

Tyr - Erik the Red and Land.
Nocturnal Rites - New World Messiah, Grand Illuision, Shadowland
Stormwarrior - Heading Northe, Northern Rage

Tyr - Erik the Red and Land.
Nocturnal Rites - New World Messiah, Grand Illuision, Shadowland
Stormwarrior - Heading Northe, Northern Rage

Thanks. I will check these out.

Also, for those of you that stayed for the video, which bands got the biggest cheers from the crowd still there?

Very nice! About time Tarot gets to play the festival :) After seeing them a million times here I definitely need to get to Atlanta to see them steal the show on Saturday. Really wanna see Oceans of Sadness too, curious how that stuff comes out live.

After doing a quick review on the lineup guessing thread it's probably pretty safe to say that Paul (Pellaz) was the Master Guesser with 6 bands correct, seems like many didn't have more than 3 right.

After doing a quick review on the lineup guessing thread it's probably pretty safe to say that Paul (Pellaz) was the Master Guesser with 6 bands correct, seems like many didn't have more than 3 right.

Yeah, i saw a few with 5, i had 4, stopped looking after about 20 though, figured it was just easier to wait for glen to tell us ;)

Wow,. I think I got three right. That's my most ever. Did I win? :loco:

That's also an incredible, incredible lineup. Seven bands that I would pay good money to see, a new record(this lineup had five, but two got nixed due to visa problems).

I never expected to see Hammerfall at PP. This lineup is a power metal wet dream, the best power metal lineup since PPIII. Looks really short on prog, but since I love the power bands anyway, who am I to complain?

The date is right when I will be in Australia, so unless that trip falls through, I definitely won't be there. :(

Being in Iraq sort of hampered my ability to be there this year. Depending on where I move when I get back, this may be enough to draw me back to Atlanta for a weekend, particularly Tyr, even though I have seen them several times. (Recommend their latest - By the Light of the Northern Star)

HOLY MOTHER OF METAL GODS! Hammerfall, Kamelot, StormWarrior, Nocturnal Rites, DGM, and, and, and.... I am so there next year.

Glenn, would you please consider the Brazilian Progressive Power Metal band STORMENTAL? I am amazed that these guys have never played ProgPower before but they are such a right fit for this Festival. Please check them out at (http://www.myspace.com/stormental) . Many thanks in advance.

Your fan,

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Warriors Of Metal Fest III Sponsor

Friday:

Illusion Suite
Stormwarrior
Seventh Wonder
Tyr
Nocturnal Rites
Kamelot

Saturday:

Paradox
Oceans of Sadness
DGM
Delain
Tarot
Hammerfall

Very, very, VERY nice line-up, Glenn!

I'm familiar with 3/4 of these bands. Many are in my Top 20 list. A couple of them (Hammerfall, Kamelot, Tyr) are in my Top 10. Delain and Seventh Wonder vie for position in my Top Three. (Seriously, Delain and Seventh Wonder were two bands in the whole world I most wanted to see.)

This line-up looks to be among the most fist-pumping-in-the-air fun I've ever since you put together.

PPUSA XI...

I'm there!

Thank you for all your hard work on PPUSA X...and a BIG THANK YOU for assembling such an ass-kicking line-up for next year!

Bill

TAROT!!!

OH MY GOD GLENN
THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH
I know I said the same thing last year, but unexpected things came up, but this time I mean it: NO WAY AM I MISSING IT THIS TIME!

Edit: Rest of the lineup is very nice, too. VERY nice.

Glenn, I know you mentioned it before, but are tickets for next year's show going to be available at the box office today? Thanks!

I think i'll pass. As much as i wanted to get back down there for next years festival. That lineup just isn't gonna do it for me. Personally, I need more prog bands on the roster to justify spending that much cash on a trip to Atlanta. Seventh Wonder and Oceans of Sadness being the only 2 bands i'd really love to see (not sure who Paradox are though). Oh well, can't please everyone everytime. Hope everybody else buys up the tickets to help ensure the festival will continue for a long time. Because it is one of a kind. And who knows, maybe the showcase could persuade me to make the trip after all.....never know.