ProgPower USA XV Official Roster and videos

I don't think it's cool to hope that a band cancels for any reason, because whether or not a better band replaces them, a.) you'll have a lot of disappointed fans who in turn may choose not to come to the fest, and b.) regardless of how much better the replacement band is, it is still a big headache and a huge money issue for Glenn and Co to scramble to find a replacement, and certainly doesn't help the cause for continuing the fest another year. Just my two cents.

I have to agree
I don't like every band that plays every year,some years I go in and watch 2 and just hage,some years nobody knows I'm there because I'm inside for an entire night...

while I don't care for Stratovarious personally,there are about 800 or more people who are paying money to go to this who would be crushed if they cancel,and like Danae said...people do wait till March or so till their incomd tax retuns arrive or what not,or have to see when they can get time off...you could kill a few ticket sales with a cancellation from any band,especially a headliner...
Like many have speculated this festival is not promised to go on forever,and the speculation some have made regarding the final act on Sat Night...basicly we need a sellout or close to it,not just for this next year(2015),but like Glenn said in an interview,a quick sellout gives him more of a budget for the following year

so wishing a band cancels is no bueno

I don't wish any stress or ill will on Glenn. I've been 10 times, been a sponsor once, and seen many bands I would've never seen otherwise. If anything I'm eternally grateful to Glenn. So if I don't like the headliners that's my right not to, I come to the fest anyways, and will again next year. I remember standing on the floor with plenty of room around me during Strato's set, and usually that is not the case with a headliner. That's how I remember it so I don't think they're headliner material, and the empty space around me must've agreed. Just my opinion...

1. But the thing is, a band cancelling does cause him and others stress. He'll probably lose money/some people where they might be the top draw for them will get tickets, plane tickets, etc. and be at a loss. How is that not adding stress?

2. It is your right not to like the headliner; I don't think anyone is complaining that you're saying you don't like Strato. It's the tact in which you present yourself. I'll give you an example. I don't like Circus Maximus at all. Would I have preferred another band? Absolutely, but I'm realistic in knowing that a HUGE portion of the crowd loves them and therefore, it's good for the fest. Plus, it's virtually impossible to like every band on the bill. You don't like Stratovarius? Cool. You'll have an early night's sleep.

Edit: He said it was Jon Oliva playing a piano version of "When the Crowds are Gone".

Anyways, you never know, might be the last one, might not. It's noteworthy to see all the special shows though (Exclusives from JOP, PoS, SW and Pagan's Mind). Might be a hint.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Also, I didn't see Pagan's Mind on the 2014 setlist. ;)

I wonder what the theme is? For as next year is the 150th Anniversary of the ending of hostilities at the Battle of Atlanta, I would hope it would be a Civil War theme to tie in with how Atlanta rose from the flames.

All I have to say about this lineup.....

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7437-1376590358-22.gif

I just added Wed & Thurs roster to original post in this thread.

THURSDAY roster:
Pagan's Mind performing "Celestial Entrance" in its entirety (Norway)
DGM (Italy)
Draekon (US)

Tickets on sale November 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY roster:
Pain of Salvation - details TBA

~Jen

Good overall line-up for bands of all genres, and lots of special sets. Gotta think it could be the last one. Great job Glenn.

However I hope Stratovarius cancel. That might one of the worst bands ever. And I actually watched them the last time play the same song for two hours just to say I did it. I know others will enjoy them, but sorry, not me this time.

Oh and Overkill played in Ybor City (Tampa) last year. I was there.
Starting your progsnob shit again. Damn, you are a douche bag.

what what WHAT???!

Oh my....

Yes, POS will headline Weds. show.

I really hope you'll have more tact if their special set doesn't come to your liking, Chris. We're working hard on picking something special for everyone. I'd appreciate the support more than criticism as far as that goes. I can tell you that it'll be truly awesome! :)

Starting your progsnob shit again. Damn, you are a douche bag.

Chill, Sandy. True I don't like "European power metal", but Jon Oliva's Pain/Savatage, Overkill, Armored Saint, Forbidden, Sanctuary, a number of other bands who I like and have played aren't prog. There are prog bands that have played that I don't like either. So that hardly makes me a "prog snob".

I'm always happy to see a special exclusive show, but I have to admit I don't really understand this crowd's obsession with Savatage. I'm sure it'll be great, but I think I would enjoy a straight JOP set more.

That said, this lineup is amazing -- the Pagan's Mind, Seventh Wonder, and Pain of Salvation shows would each sell me a ticket on its own. Add to that Leprous, JOP, Stratovarius, DGM (and the others sound good but I need to familiarize myself with them)... wow! Definitely the most exciting lineup since I've been coming, and that's a high bar. Incredible work guys.

I feel my dork meter rising because this is the first lineup announcement where I actually had heard of every band on it. :) Needless to say it's time to black out my schedule for next September!

I am incredibly excited for the lineups for all 3 nights. Seeing Mercy Falls, Remedy Land, Celestial Entrance and Streets played in their entirety, as well as Pain of Salvation playing on Wednesday also? Not much could make me happier and more excited than that.

Chill, Sandy. True I don't like "European power metal", but Jon Oliva's Pain/Savatage, Overkill, Armored Saint, Forbidden, Sanctuary, a number of other bands who I like and have played aren't prog. There are prog bands that have played that I don't like either. So that hardly makes me a "prog snob".
Oh, I get it. You're just a dick, then.