Project: Andrew WK at PPUSA

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
It's become a mission for several of us to get Andrew WK on board as a Special Guest [Official or Fan] to PPUSA next year. I don't know what has to happen, but I'm willing to head this up and actually make it happen. I've been an AWK fan for almost 15 years, have seen him play live twice and have been blown away by his positivism. Last year, a few of us tweeted him from the fest, this year, we bombarded him on twitter.

I must make this happen.

Y0fRH4v.jpg

Because I think he's the embodiment of everything this festival has become. Because I think it would be awesome to party with him. Because he's a fan of metal. Because we should share this with people.

And because can you imagine him and Voyager?

I met Andrew WK years ago. Guy was super gracious, nice and all about partying. I guarantee you that we could make this into a viral campaign to get him to attend.

I'm all for us starting a real campaign thing - even a Kickstarter if so.

I don't really get it either and I'm only a casual fan of a couple of his songs, but from all I've heard about the dude he's great, so I just consider it, "Bring a cool famous person to Progpower because he'd be awesome!"

This is a serious, actual thing that I'm going to attempt. We have guests come all the time from every walk of life. Andrew WK may seem like he's got a schtick in his music but his career spans so much further than that, he's genuine. He's amazing, and he's been nothing but incredibly gracious any time I or anyone I know has ever talked to him on social media or in person.

The dude has touched my life with his personality and his music, and I can't think of a greater gift. I think this is a great way to thank him and give something back to the community. Even if people at PP don't care for his music I'm positive everyone would get a kick out of having him there just for his personality.

I'm not suggesting he be a performer during the fest, just come and hang out and have fun.

Sam Worthington
Josh Barnett
Will Smith

All metalheads who would have a great time and seem like theyd be awesome additions to the progpower family. Andrew WK could be cool too I guess.

no, this is not a joke. why would it be?
AWK is awesome and LOVES his fans and great music. why shouldn't we let him know about the fest and ask him to attend?
just cuz Eddie Trunk is a mega dickbag who won't attend even with rock star treatment doesn't mean that AWK wouldn't want to come and hang out.

seriously - we are working this project and if you don't like it, step off. you want to invite someone else? invite them.

(FWIW, i'm also working a project to get someone to DragonCon who would be a killer draw. it never hurts to ask)

AWK has been on a local DC station with the morning show SEVERAL times, even did a house party with them one year. He's a riot, he does love to party & metal. I'm all in for this.