Queensryche

The show was awesome! :)

Operation Mindcrime kicked major ass... :) The first half of the show was alright, even though the sound was pretty bad... (during Operation: Mindcrime the sound was really good, though)...

Awesome production was well... I wasn't expecting that much visuals, since they are playing in mid-sized venues... but they blew me away!

The only bad thing is that they didn't play anything from Promissed Land (my favorite Queensryche CD)...

Angrafan said:
The show was awesome! :)

Operation Mindcrime kicked major ass... :) The first half of the show was alright, even though the sound was pretty bad... (during Operation: Mindcrime the sound was really good, though)...

Awesome production was well... I wasn't expecting that much visuals, since they are playing in mid-sized venues... but they blew me away!

The only bad thing is that they didn't play anything from Promissed Land (my favorite Queensryche CD)...

Oh that sucks that the sound was bad!!! But O:M is what really counts..LOL :D

Did Geoff hit the high notes from the older songs??

SavaRon said:
So anyone going to the show tonight in Clearwater? Me and my wife will be there. It's going to be a great show, can't wait! I missed the first time they did Operation Mindcrime, so this will be a treat. :headbang:
I'll be there Row G, stage left. Will probably be wearing some Lightning gear, damn I miss the NHL, so if you see somebody in a #29 Selivanov jersey...that's me.

Shadow_Angel said:
Oh that sucks that the sound was bad!!! But O:M is what really counts..LOL :D

Did Geoff hit the high notes from the older songs??
At the show I was at, most of them. He was perfect on Empire, but he changed parts of Revolution Calling and Eyes of a Stranger :( Oh well, better lower than off key.

Great show nonetheless, even though they needed a bigger venue. House of Blues was PACKED!

Incredible performance last night in Clearwater by Tate and company.

Absolutely one of the top 5 concerts I have ever seen.

A religious experience of the highest order (X)!

Saw lots of familiar Prog faces as well.....excellent evening!

It was indeed a great show. Geoff sounded great, and the extras like the video and acting were cool as well. The sound was excellent, which it should be at a place like Ruth Ecked Hall. I couldn't imagine seeing this show at a house of blues or other venue similar. The only thing I didn't care for was the way they changed The lady wore black. The chorus was at like half time compared to the original and it just didn't sound right to me. :err: I was suprised they didn't do walk in the shadows or gonna get close to you. Other than that it was just about perfect! :worship:

I was suprised they didn't do walk in the shadows or gonna get close to you.
Monday night in Houston they only played one song from Rage For Order, which is a shame because I think it's their most underrated album, second only to Operation Mindcrime overall. Then again the one song they played (The Whisper) didn't sound so hot; Geoff may still be able to hit the occasional high note, but he can't really sing very long in that upper register anymore (at least he couldn't on Monday IMHO).

Okay, those of you who have seen them--I keep reading that Geoff's hitting "every note," but quite frankly, I'm a cynic. Is he hitting the really high notes, or not even going for them, as he hasn't in years? E.g., "Take Hold," the end of the intro--yea or nay? I mean, I guess I'll see in 3 days, but I'm curious as to what "hitting every note" means to people. To me, it means hitting those high notes that he hasn't even attempted in a long time. Not that I think Geoff has ever sounded bad live--he's still one of the best--but, like I said, I am curious.

Just a random note for you video fans... The video for "Gonna Get Close To You" was played on VH1 Classic's Metal Mania last night. I can't say that I've ever seen that one on TV before. Cool way to lead up to seeing them this week, too... :)

--Mike

SavaRon said:
The only thing I didn't care for was the way they changed The lady wore black. The chorus was at like half time compared to the original and it just didn't sound right to me. :err:
They've been playing that song like that for years now. I agree, it sounds terrible and is a complete letdown.

i dont see how youd have time to make it for the shadow's fall show. i chewed the guy from the masquerade out about it. i doubt youd make it in time to see the haunted or shadow's fall. and i know everybody could care less about seeing DamageSuck. it just better not fuck up the turnout for QR. too bad it's not at earthlink live. i hate luckie street, not to mention getting on it

I don't think I'll make it to the Vortex, but I hope to meet some of you there. I'm new to Atlanta, and this will be my first time to the Tabernacle. Are cameras allowed? I'd really like to get some pics. Well 2 days and counting.

Kim
(I've got long blonde hair, not sure what I'm wearing yet, but come up and say hi)

Come on, people!
I hope I don't sound like too much of a jerk here, but can't you people let go of this band? They'll never sound as good live as they did in their heyday, and they'll never release another good album (Promised Land being the last one). I don't understand why this whole Operation Mindcrime "Revisited" is such a big deal when you consider that half of their set list from the past few tours has been from that album, anyway. Besides, hasn't Geoff Tate insulted heavy metal and its fans more than enough times for you to turn your backs on him? This guy is such a hypocrite. In interviews, he'll talk about how Queensryche is not a metal band, how he never listens to metal, and how the fans only want to hear the old stuff. At the shows, however, he'll praise metal and perform a set full of Mindcrime and Empire tunes. If he had the balls to back up his shit-talking and had any faith in Queensryche's newer material, he wouldn't be afraid to perform more than one song off of every album following Promised Land. If this band is "looking into the future," as Tate puts it, then why are they making a sequel to an album from their past (a past that features a sound that Tate would "rather not explore again")? If all of the newer metal bands bore Tate, why did Symphony X open for them earlier this year (and, I might add, slay them every night!)? Furthermore, Mike Stone will never sound as good as Chris Degarmo, and Eddie Jackson's and Michael Wilton's backing vocals are totally fake! I feel bad for Scott Rockenfield because it seems as if he feels that this gig is the only way for him to make a decent living. There was a time when I went nuts over Queensryche, but that time is long gone. I can only hope that others will learn the same lesson before Queensryche start doing a string of farewell tours like Kiss.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Met-Al said:
Come on, people!
I hope I don't sound like too much of a jerk here, but can't you people let go of this band? They'll never sound as good live as they did in their heyday, and they'll never release another good album (Promised Land being the last one). I don't understand why this whole Operation Mindcrime "Revisited" is such a big deal when you consider that half of their set list from the past few tours has been from that album, anyway. Besides, hasn't Geoff Tate insulted heavy metal and its fans more than enough times for you to turn your backs on him? This guy is such a hypocrite. In interviews, he'll talk about how Queensryche is not a metal band, how he never listens to metal, and how the fans only want to hear the old stuff. At the shows, however, he'll praise metal and perform a set full of Mindcrime and Empire tunes. If he had the balls to back up his shit-talking and had any faith in Queensryche's newer material, he wouldn't be afraid to perform more than one song off of every album following Promised Land. If this band is "looking into the future," as Tate puts it, then why are they making a sequel to an album from their past (a past that features a sound that Tate would "rather not explore again")? If all of the newer metal bands bore Tate, why did Symphony X open for them earlier this year (and, I might add, slay them every night!)? Furthermore, Mike Stone will never sound as good as Chris Degarmo, and Eddie Jackson's and Michael Wilton's backing vocals are totally fake! I feel bad for Scott Rockenfield because it seems as if he feels that this gig is the only way for him to make a decent living. There was a time when I went nuts over Queensryche, but that time is long gone. I can only hope that others will learn the same lesson before Queensryche start doing a string of farewell tours like Kiss.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I really don't care what Tate's attitude towards metal is. Nor do I care if he has faith in 'Ryche's new material. They're playing the old stuff. I want to hear the old stuff. I'm going to the Tabernacle.

I had been wavering on wether or not to go to the show at Ziggy's in Winston-Salem, mostly for the above reasons that Met-Al laid out. I finally decided that since we don't get many good shows here in NC that I should go see them since they are playing some old stuff.

Met-Al said:
Come on, people!
I hope I don't sound like too much of a jerk here, but can't you people let go of this band? They'll never sound as good live as they did in their heyday, and they'll never release another good album (Promised Land being the last one). I don't understand why this whole Operation Mindcrime "Revisited" is such a big deal when you consider that half of their set list from the past few tours has been from that album, anyway.
Eh... Well, when you consider the selection of shows us Atlantans have while we wait for the next ProgPower, you just gotta take what you can get. :)

--Mike