RIVERSIDE - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/193887 :

Poland's progressive rockers RIVERSIDE have completed their fifth studio album, Shrine Of New Generation Slaves, to be released in North America on February 5th, 2013. Out on longtime record label InsideOut Music, the album will also be available in Europe on January 21st.

Shrine Of New Generation Slaves was recorded at Serakos Studio in Warsaw, Poland, where Reality Dream Trilogy was also tracked. Recorded with Magda Srzednicka and Robert Srzednicki, the album offers nearly an hour of classic Riverside music.

Vocalist Mariusz explains, "In 2012 we've been focusing on the work on the new album, and trying to prove, mostly to ourselves, that we can still surprise with something, and what's most important - create an album that would become our showpiece, music-wise and lyrics-wise. The title might sound a bit intricate, but the acronym will definitely explain what we did with our music this time."

Fans can read about the album's recording process on the band's blog here, and a video interview that was done with the band directly from the studio can be seen below:

Shrine Of New Generation Slaves is the follow-up to the band's 2009 release, Anno Domini High Definition, which entered the Poland charts at #1 and has since hit gold album status. In 2011, RIVERSIDE also released an EP titled Memories In My Head to celebrate the band's 10th anniversary.

p17c556u191s1aka81eak18tb5dr4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved those first two Riverside discs. However, the two that followed were mostly more of the same, but with fewer hooks. I really like this band, but this new disc will not be a blind buy for me.

Jesus, Duda looks more and more like Steven Wilson every time I see him.

I loved those first two Riverside discs. However, the two that followed were mostly more of the same, but with fewer hooks. I really like this band, but this new disc will not be a blind buy for me.

I thought ADHD was enough of a departure from the first three and was every bit as good as the first two. I'm with you on REM, though.

New album trailer

First track reminds me of Pure Reason Revolution, then Duda continues his progression into becoming Steven Wilson on the second track. This is pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of like the stylistic evolution they're undergoing (it doesn't make sense to make the same album over and over anyway), but the songwriting has been going a bit downhill since SLS. ADHD was refreshing because it broke away from the direction they were going in a bit, but this sounds more like REM Part 2 from the samples so far.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/194812 :

Tracklist for Shrine Of New Generation Slaves:

'New Generation Slave' (4:17)
'The Depth of Self-Delusion' (7:39)
'Celebrity Touch' (6:48)
'We Got Used To Us' (4:12)
'Feel Like Falling' (5:17)
'Deprived [Irretrievably Lost Imagination]' (8:26)
'Escalator Shrine' (12:41)
'Coda' (1:39)

Riverside comments, "The lyrics on the new album deal with different situations we face in our modern times and how we sometimes become enslaved by them and by the style of life they dictate. For instance, we are dominated and bombarded by increasingly stupefying media. The media, in turn, is dominated by more and more people who are known for their well-knownness... Celebrities, the modern representatives of a need which lies deep within us all and is rarely satisfied - the feeling of importance. This feeling, and some of the dilemmas and complications connected with it, is the subject of our newest single - 'Celebrity Touch'.

Musically, we still try to extend the bridge to connect the new music to the old. In this track, we achieved some kind of original mixture and hope you will enjoy this piece of the new album."

p17dhndove1t9r1mnl1oco8n0f831.jpg

Oh my....check out this pre-order package available via Burning Shed:

large3413.jpg

Poland's Post-Prog giants return with Shrine Of New Generation Slaves.

Handsomely packaged in a Travis Smith (Katatonia, Avenged Sevenfold etc) cover, SONGS promises a further development of the band's modern take on Classic Rock.

Available as a limited edition double cd mediabook and a double vinyl version in gatefold sleeve. Both formats contain two epic bonus tracks, Night Session Parts One (10.45) and Two (11.22).

Pre-order now for January 21st release.

It's a solid song, but I'm not sure I love the retro rock vibe on this particular one... I'm sure lots of folks around here will love it though!

I'm still buying the album the day it comes out!

If I wanted good retro, I listen to Graveyard. If I want bad retro, I attempt to listen to Pain of Salvation.

This is somewhere in between.

Hope the rest of the disc drifts back to the dreamy, crisp proggy stuff a bit.

If I wanted good retro, I listen to Graveyard. If I want bad retro, I attempt to listen to Pain of Salvation.

This is somewhere in between.

Hope the rest of the disc drifts back to the dreamy, crisp proggy stuff a bit.

I hear you....I'm a bit nervous now. Although the "singles" they release are typically not representative of the rest of the album, which is a bit strange if you ask me...