RIVERSIDE - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves

I'd go to the Atlanta date, but probably won't be able to afford it with Katatonia/Opeth 4 days later plus Maryland Deathfest at the end of the month.

I dig it! At first I was thinking, "Wow, they really stripped stuff down this time around...", but then they hit that signature Riverside twist that kicked in later in the tune. Thumbs up!

Official video for "Celebrity Touch"

Cool video. For once, the band are the responsible people in the video! Normally it is the band that is out of control with too much drinking and partying!

I am planning to go to the Atl show. Big fan of Jolly as well.

Some good prog music in April / May. Steven Wilson and now Riverside.

Rick..

Cool video. For once, the band are the responsible people in the video! Normally it is the band that is out of control with too much drinking and partying!

I am planning to go to the Atl show. Big fan of Jolly as well.

Some good prog music in April / May. Steven Wilson and now Riverside.

Rick..

Make sure you keep the last weekend of April open, just in case. ;)

I dig it! At first I was thinking, "Wow, they really stripped stuff down this time around...", but then they hit that signature Riverside twist that kicked in later in the tune. Thumbs up!

Yeah,that is my exact take on this as well....
I was a bit fearful with the "oh noes,they gone retro" posts on here...
yeah its retro,but so was most of ADHD as well,except this song isn't as heavy..
I liked the samples a lot on the teazer vid...
I'll be pre ordering this

This is top ten material. Album is absolutely incredible. If Opeth's last album sounded even half this good...

This album seems to alternate between good songs and generic songs. I like the album, but it didn't hold my attention as long as their others. The first two albums are still on an entirely different level. I don't think they'll be able to top those.

Been listening to this one some more.

The album is pretty awesome - but I am almost (ok, I am) wishing they would put out a full album of the Night session type stuff too. I love that kind of ambient stuff and disc 2 is pretty kick ass.

You guys should check out Dead Letter Circus if you like Riverside. Very similar dreamy prog-ish rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to this one some more.

The album is pretty awesome - but I am almost (ok, I am) wishing they would put out a full album of the Night session type stuff too. I love that kind of ambient stuff and disc 2 is pretty kick ass.

Have you heard the Lunatic Soul stuff? Very much in the same vein as the Night Session stuff, though Duda sings on it.