Riverside: Wasteland

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
Looks like Riverside will be coming out with a new album in September.

https://twitter.com/riversidepl/status/998628107560112128

DdvW9nFUwAATnKE.jpg

Reactions: Mardoch
awesome, it's a been a few years

I don't blame them given what's happened to them, but the band has claimed Wasteland as a cathartic album for said tragic circumstances. I am very hopeful that this album will be counted among their best, even if the chance remains very thin that it can equal the perfection of ADHD.

Here's some more details....

RIVERSIDE REVEAL WASTELAND ALBUM ARTWORK, FIRST RELEASE DETAILS

"...Polish rock masters Riverside have announced that their upcoming seventh studio album Wasteland will be released via their longtime label partner InsideOutMusic on September 28th.

Riverside’s Mariusz Duda checked in with the following comment about the album’s overall concept: “I'd been thinking about exploring "post-apocalyptic" regions for a long time. I read books, watched films, played video games, all connected by stories about an attempt to survive in a world that had just ended. But writing such a story myself didn't make much sense until now. Riverside are starting a new chapter and after our recent experiences, a story like that has gained more meaning. Wasteland is mostly about what's happening in the world these days but it also makes a reference to the tragedy that befell the band in 2016. Musically, we've returned to darker sounds but we have also turned a new page and recorded the album in a different style. It's still Riverside but expressed in a much deeper and more mature way. Most artists say the same thing while promoting their new releases: that they have just created their best work to date. I won't say that because everything we have done so far has been consistently very good and unique. But I will say that we have never had such an incredible emotional load on any of our previous releases, and it's not likely that we will ever make such a charged album again. "Wasteland" is an epic, multidimensional, poetic and very deep album. Perhaps of the once in a lifetime kind...."

riversidecdjuly18.png

RIVERSIDE - Wasteland North American Tour 2019
03.05. Atlanta, GA - City Winery
04.05. Lake Park, FL - Kelsey Theater
05.05. Sarasota, FL - Opera House / Rosfest
06.05. Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
07.05. Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Soundstage
09.05. Jersey City, NJ - White Eagle Hall
10.05. Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live
11.05. Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw
12.05. Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair
14.05. Quebec City, QC - Salle Sylvain Lelièvre
15.05. Montreal, QC - Club Soda
17.05. Toronto, ON - Mod Club
18.05. Detroit, MI - Magic Stick
19.05. Chicago, IL - Chop Shop & 1st Ward
20.05. St. Louis, MO - Delmar Hall
22.05. Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey Bar & Grill
24.05. Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
25.05. Salt Lake City, UT - Metro Music Hall
27.05. Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom
28.05. Pomona, CA - The Glass House
29.05. San Francisco - CA, Slim's
31.05. Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre
01.06. Vancouver, BC - The Rickshaw Theatre
02.06. Seattle, WA - The Crocodile

Tickets: https://riversideband.pl/en/gigs

Last edited:
RIVERSIDE RELEASE "WASTELAND" MUSIC VIDEO; SPECIAL 2CD+DVD EDITION OF WASTELAND ALBUM AND NEW DIGITAL EP OUT THIS MONTH

"....Riverside checked in with the following comment: “We’re coming closer to the big finale of our Wasteland adventure. The surround edition of the album with a bonus Acoustic Session EP will be out very soon, and the final concerts of the Wasteland Tour have already been announced for March and April 2020. But let’s start with the new clip to our title composition, created by our friends from Sightsphere. 'Wasteland' is without a doubt one of our most important releases, thanks to which the band was born again. We’d like to thank all of you who have made it possible.“...."

"....The five previously unreleased acoustic tracks/versions of the Acoustic Session will also made available as separate Digital EP on November 29 as well. The pre-order for both upcoming Riverside releases starts today...

- Acoustic Session Digital EP
- Wasteland - Hi-Res Stereo and Surround Mix 2CD+DVD

Or order Wasteland in its various formats here...."

These guys are always good but for me their more "electronic" sound is where I tend to like them best. Regardless - great band that always deliver.