Sanctuary reforming?

Sanctuary is far superior to Nevermore any day of the week. we all know every person on here listening to Nevermore was always saying to themselves, "it's good, but it's no Sanctuary that is for sure, so i guess this will do."

Really? We all do that? I don't think so. I also prefer Nevermore. Love Sanctuary don't get me wrong but Nevermore is the superior band.

ok, let me re-phrase that. those of us in our 30's prefer Sanctuary to Nevermore. haha. anyone who was around for Sanctuary pre-Nevermore existence saying they like NM better is a little bit crazy i think. ;)

sure isn't. won't stop here either. ;) i have a pretty good idea of how things work. hahaha. can't help it that a few of you guys slip through the cracks of popular opinion, but really being fact. haha.

From my experience, most of the time when you speak for "everyone" here, you usually turn out being wrong, so I will sit back and watch this same soap opera unfold one more time.

sure isn't. won't stop here either. ;) i have a pretty good idea of how things work. hahaha. can't help it that a few of you guys slip through the cracks of popular opinion, but really being fact. haha.

Well I guess if it was honestly spoken on how the people here appear to think not only would people get pissed it would also be censored and you would be kicked out. So I guess just let them go on as they do. HAHA

I was given my first Sanctuary by a canceler at summer camp when I was in fifth grade, that was a long time ago. I believe til this day it was demos. Years after I meet a guy who had the albums, 14 at that time. Few years later rumors of this Nevermore thing started to surface and seemed to wait forever for it to finally come out. That opening riff was just awesome, but it was not Sanctuary. 'Dreaming Neon Black' and 'Dead Heart' had more of a Sanctuary feel but after that it seemed to turn into the same processed crap. Put Sneap on the case and slap a Smith cover on it and you know what you are getting, stuff that all sounds the same.
No Sanctuary paled to the mightiness of Sanctuary, let's fight with busted beer bottles over it.
However I really think that a new album with not live up, certainly didn't in the case of Crimson Glory. Sometimes things should be left to rest in peace.

Sanctuary is far superior to Nevermore any day of the week. we all know every person on here listening to Nevermore was always saying to themselves, "it's good, but it's no Sanctuary that is for sure, so i guess this will do."
I'll respectfully disagree. And I suspect this is an opinion few share, even within the demographic you've offered as a caveat.

I bought the Sanctuary debut the week it was released. Thought it was solid, but little more. Conversely, IMOLTHO, I'd rank Nevermore as the finest post-80s Metal band.

In my experiences dealing and talking with A LOT of metal fans worldwide (yes metal does exists outside of this forum) the more popular option seems to lend towards Sanctuary.
Still it is not surprising that this forum would favor Nevermore over Sanctuary. I would bet that if it were a cult, classic, or German metal forum it would be the other wat around, actually I know that would be the case.
The two types of people I find who would favor Nevermore in such an argument (which is trivial admitted) are those who gave up on metal for awhile in the 90s, late comer mid 30 to forty year olds (often weekend warrior) and kids to young to know of Sanctuary. Most die hard metal heads are Sanctuary.

I like Sanctuary and all, but I still think Nevermore is a (MUCH) more solid band. I understand that most people (especially the old-schoolers) prefer Sanctuary. However, a lot of these old-school folks (and I'm not saying that particularly about anyone one this forum, I'm really talking about people I know outside of here) seem to be stuck in time. Tunnelvision at its strongest. It's like they refuse to listen to anything that's new because it sucks. It's like Maiden is still the freshest and most innovative thing to come out in the music world.

Oh well, it's their loss.

I am going to say something that will piss off a LOT of people, but some of the older folks will most likely agree with....

As much as I like some NEVERMORE, the honest truth is that NEVERMORE are nu metal for metal fans afraid to say they like some "chug" in their metal.

That being said, I hope they keep the chug out of Sanctuary.

I too was around when Sanctuary first came out, and saw them on the Megadeth / Warlock tour. To be honest, I thought it was ok. It was really just about Dane's voice. The rest was decent, but nothing groundbreaking. NEver understood the hype years later. Almost seems like they got the hype, since if you are a Nevermore fan, you can earn more points by saying, "You like NM? Screw that, Sanctuary!! Old Skool dude!!!"

This shit bothers me for another reason. So here Nevermore has a new album coming out, and they have to resort to news about their former band to help push? Just like the bullshit of Megadeth and Slayer begging fans to believe their new crap albums are the "best of their careers since record XXXX" but then backing it up by going on the road performing classic albums in their entirety.

Whatevs... Peeps gotta pay the billz yo!

I am going to say something that will piss off a LOT of people, but some of the older folks will most likely agree with....

As much as I like some NEVERMORE, the honest truth is that NEVERMORE are nu metal for metal fans afraid to say they like some "chug" in their metal.

That being said, I hope they keep the chug out of Sanctuary.

I too was around when Sanctuary first came out, and saw them on the Megadeth / Warlock tour. To be honest, I thought it was ok. It was really just about Dane's voice. The rest was decent, but nothing groundbreaking. NEver understood the hype years later. Almost seems like they got the hype, since if you are a Nevermore fan, you can earn more points by saying, "You like NM? Screw that, Sanctuary!! Old Skool dude!!!"

This shit bothers me for another reason. So here Nevermore has a new album coming out, and they have to resort to news about their former band to help push? Just like the bullshit of Megadeth and Slayer begging fans to believe their new crap albums are the "best of their careers since record XXXX" but then backing it up by going on the road performing classic albums in their entirety.

Whatevs... Peeps gotta pay the billz yo!

This doesn't piss me off, it just doesn't make any sense. Somehow you equate the timing of this to somehow coincide with the new Nevermore album coming out, to somehow push the promotion of the new NM album further. Sanctuary may be better than Nevermore in the eyes of some people, but they were never and are NOT the bigger band, by a long shot. This logic equates to Glenn Tipton saying he is resurrecting the Flying Hat Band to push a new Judas Priest album.

Jason, I can see your point and understand the way you feel about it. But wouldn't you agree that "chugging" (lol) doesn't necessarily make it nu-metal?

I think maybe we're unclear as to the definition of nu-metal. Nu-Metal really "came to be" around the mid-to-late nineties. Nevermore was founded in 1991.

Calling Papa Roach or Korn a nu-metal band would be understandable. But saying that Nevermore is considered Nu-Metal by the old schoolers in my opinion just makes the old schoolers as ignorant as it gets. It brings it back to my point that a lot of the old-school folks are just too stupid to open their minds to new things. Just cause it's modern it doesn't mean it's bad. And I'm sorry if any of the old-schoolers think that way, but if they do, in my book they're just morons. (And I know you're not one of them, Jason.)

And no, I'm not pissed off by what you said. :lol:

Jason, I can see your point and understand the way you feel about it. But wouldn't you agree that "chugging" (lol) doesn't necessarily make it nu-metal?

I think maybe we're unclear as to the definition of nu-metal. Nu-Metal really "came to be" around the mid-to-late nineties. Nevermore was founded in 1991.

Calling Papa Roach or Korn a nu-metal band would be understandable. But saying that Nevermore is considered Nu-Metal by the old schoolers in my opinion just makes the old schoolers as ignorant as it gets. It brings it back to my point that a lot of the old-school folks are just too stupid to open their minds to new things. Just cause it's modern it doesn't mean it's bad. And I'm sorry if any of the old-schoolers think that way, but they you do, in my book they're just morons. (And I know you're not one of them, Jason.)

And no, I'm not pissed off by what you said. :lol:

Milton?! DID YOU JUST MAKE A GOOD POINT?! HOLY SHIT! :lol::lol::lol::Smug: