Scar Symmetry

Elnimio

May 24, 2006
Atlanta, Ga.
Any fans of this fantastic progressive/melodic death metal band? And any chances of seeing them in a progpower in the near future?

They're not passing through here in that particular tour, sadly :rolleyes: (Scar Symmetry + Swallow the Sun = Orgasm)

They were fantastic when they played with Into Eternity and Dark Tranquility, even if their set was short as hell.

^^^ If you love them that much you're REALLY gonna love Communic! (If you don't already) I, personally think Communic do a better job of this style metal. I saw Scar Symmetry on the Dark Tranquillity tour a couple of months back and they were pretty impressive.

^^^ If you love them that much you're REALLY gonna love Communic! (If you don't already) I, personally think Communic do a better job of this style metal. I saw Scar Symmetry on the Dark Tranquillity tour a couple of months back and they were pretty impressive.

I like Communic... But they're really not similar at all...

Yeah, they are absolutely great. I missed them the last time they came around, but I'm definitely catching them when they play with Katatonia. If only Daylight Dies was on the tour! Then it would all be complete! :D

SS are great! They are one of the few bands that get 'excellent' ratings from all of the current (and recently former) deejay-hosts of WREKage. Hence, we tend to play them a lot, and they got a good response when they played here at the Masquerade. :headbang:

I don't see too much of a similarity between SS and Communic, either. I tend to think of Scar Symmetry as one of the last holdouts of the "glory days" sound of Gothenburg...Dark Tranquillity being the other notable band to come to mind.

Scar Symmetry and Communic don't really sound anything alike, but they're both great bands. Scar Symmetry was great on the Dark Tranquillity tour.

There really isn't a weak song on either disc; they're both consistently very good to excellent.

As a deejay I also appreciate the fact that there are no swear-words on either CD, which makes them even easier to play on-air. :)