Shopping in the area.

EvilGrit

All Things Metal.
Jul 10, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is my first Progpower and first time back to Atlanta since 1983!! I was wondering if there are any malls or shopping areas in walking distance of Earthlink?

This'll be my third year...from what I've seen, there isn't very much. Down one way, there's a bookstore and some minor stuff, but it's a bit of a walk to find a worthwhile place to shop. I was pointed to an underground mall once, which I didn't find great...my recommendation would be to just get on a MARTA (pretty much across the street from Earthlink) and head down to Buckhead one morning, it's an area with ridiculous amounts of shopping centres, some with unique stores.

kittybeast said:
just looking for the closest liquor store!!! :tickled:

I go to the Shell station about a a 10 minute walk from the Granada.
They were the first, and only place I saw Newcastle! :worship:
The hard stuff I'll bring on my own... :yuk:

You can take a NE line MARTA train up to Lenox Mall, which is a big mostly-upscale mall, one of the largest in the Southeast and a common tourist destination -- it's right across the street from the Lenox MARTA station.

Alternatively you can take any southbound train to the 5 Points station, transfer to an eastbound train upstairs, and ride a few stops to Inman Park/Reynoldstown. Atlanta's pocket version of Greenwich Village or Haight-Ashbury is about a 10-15 minute walk north from there and is called Little 5 Points, with alternative shops, clubs, etc. It's where the 'cool' kids hang out. It's not as cool as it used to be, but it's still an interesting area.

J-Dubya 777 said:
I go to the Shell station about a a 10 minute walk from the Granada.
They were the first, and only place I saw Newcastle! :worship:
The hard stuff I'll bring on my own... :yuk:

Great taste in beer!! Spent time in the south as a kid and I remember the days when you couldn't buy beer on Sundays. :ill:

Megawozniak said:
This'll be my third year...from what I've seen, there isn't very much. Down one way, there's a bookstore and some minor stuff, but it's a bit of a walk to find a worthwhile place to shop. I was pointed to an underground mall once, which I didn't find great...my recommendation would be to just get on a MARTA (pretty much across the street from Earthlink) and head down to Buckhead one morning, it's an area with ridiculous amounts of shopping centres, some with unique stores.

Cool!! Thanks for the tip.