Showcase 2008 Band Announcement

LOL.

If you look here http://progpowerusa.com/site/history/, you will see where their "headlining ability" stands.

Pagans has been here twice (three times if you count Jorn), and has built up a PP fan base over the last few years. They SLAYED in 2007.

I liked Primal Fear, but I am not a professional promoter. Neither are you. And that is my point.

The only difference between you and I is I get the impression that you think you know enough to tell Glenn how to run his business.

What I can say is this: Primal Fear as the Headliner of either the pre-party or the main show means I get to go back to the hotel and drink early that night. Pagans is the headliner, I don't get to drink at all because I will have my arms draped around the rail right when they let us GB holders into the show.
I'm telling Glenn how to run his business? Where? How? Are you trying to start trouble? That's my impression I get of your comments. You don't even like PF apparently, so where do you get off slamming me? I like both bands. I'm just speaking from reality like dcowboys311 and nailz ahead of me just did.

LOL.

If you look here http://progpowerusa.com/site/history/, you will see where their "headlining ability" stands.

Pagans has been here twice (three times if you count Jorn), and has built up a PP fan base over the last few years. They SLAYED in 2007.

I liked Primal Fear, but I am not a professional promoter. Neither are you. And that is my point.

The only difference between you and I is I get the impression that you think you know enough to tell Glenn how to run his business.

What I can say is this: Primal Fear as the Headliner of either the pre-party or the main show means I get to go back to the hotel and drink early that night. Pagans is the headliner, I don't get to drink at all because I will have my arms draped around the rail right when they let us GB holders into the show.
Also, my impression of your post is you crying sour grapes.

The ONLY place that matters on "what band is bigger" is in Glenn's mind--he will put up a band that he thinks is biggest for us the fans as a whole.

Primal Fear might be bigger than EG or SymphX or After Forever or Epica in the European music scene, but there is no way they are bigger HERE.

Witness this year's show. They did not headline.

LOL. Primal Fear is leaps and bounds ahead of Pagan's Mind and any of those bands in both album sales and name recognition "HERE" in the US. Symphony X may be gaining somewhat as they got a lot from Gigantour, but they're not there yet.

Just for the record Primal Fear was the Co-headliner of Saturday Night at PPUSAVIII. The reason After Forever played last was because Glenn thought there was more crossover appeal to keep Prog fans in house for the last set.

This is a co-headline situation. Primal Fear do sell more records here in the States obviously, but I once again will repeat what I have said in several other threads. The key to the last spot at this specific festival is crossover appeal and keeping people in the seats. The prog fans will stick around for AF, but not so much PF in the last slot.

FORBIDDEN - althought it will not happen :(

+1 for Dark Empire although that probably won't happen either.

Meyvn would be an excellent choice. I'd also be down with some A Lower Deep.

I just had an epiphany about these kinds of threads.

There are two kinds of people who post in them, overall:

1. People who have an emotional investment in a band and think everyone else should know their opinion.
2. People who apparently have a ton of time to waste in meaningless discussion.

With that, I am logging out.

I just had an epiphany about these kinds of threads.

There are two kinds of people who post in them, overall:

1. People who have an emotional investment in a band and think everyone else should know their opinion.
2. People who apparently have a ton of time to waste in meaningless discussion.

This also goes for the "______________ for ProgPower VIIIXXIV!!!!!" threads and polls.

This also goes for the "______________ for ProgPower VIIIXXIV!!!!!" threads and polls.

You make an interesting point but where would our society be without speculation? Speculation is life, although that is merely conjecture.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Huh? :zombie:

Just for the record Primal Fear was the Co-headliner of Saturday Night at PPUSAVIII. The reason After Forever played last was because Glenn thought there was more crossover appeal to keep Prog fans in house for the last set.

man i had been wondering why AF was over primal fear all this time, thanks for posting that

i think the argument going on in this thread is stupid btw.

Mago de Oz (Some may say their not headliner caliber - or they'd get the Virgin Steele treatment for being too cheesy - but I'd als be happy with Orphaned Land, Brainstorm, or Threshold :D )
Cellador
Division
Vainglory
:headbang:

haha mago de oz! those guys are cool, they have some really catchy stuff but i dont know spanish so i think i might tire halfway through their set.

cellador, im sure the guys from the band are cool and all, but i thought their performance was sloppy and awful...maybe it was just me.

id be super excited to see any of the following bands, although most of it is wishful thinking:

**falconer** - seriously, these guys need to play pp
threshold
pagans mind
primal fear
**anubis gate**
silent force (or anything with Dc cooper for that matter)
angra
jorn
beyond twilight
helloween
luca turilli
mercenary
nightingale
ride the sky
tears of anger
stratovarius
vanden plas ???

Shane may surprise everyone with his choices, but i can tell you this. he does, when time permits read the forum, and he does know what bands are being talked about. Also I know he has his favorites that he would love to get for the showcase. Will they all be US based bands? Who knows? Will they all be European bands? Who knows? Will there by chance be a South American Band? Who Knows? I just want to say that I trust Shane to bring the best line-up for the showcase that he can possibly bring.

Shane may surprise everyone with his choices, but i can tell you this. he does, when time permits read the forum, and he does know what bands are being talked about. Also I know he has his favorites that he would love to get for the showcase. Will they all be US based bands? Who knows? Will they all be European bands? Who knows? Will there by chance be a South American Band? Who Knows? I just want to say that I trust Shane to bring the best line-up for the showcase that he can possibly bring.

John you are SOO nice!! You are seriously like the .... 1, 2, 3, .... 4th nicest guy I know! Why are you so nice??

I can't wait to hear what bands are playiiiiiiing also! :headbang: Shaney - what the heck? Hurry up tell us, please!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Huh? :zombie:

Wow, that could almost be directly quoted from Douglas Adams' The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

Oh, wait. It was. :Smug:

LOL. Primal Fear is leaps and bounds ahead of Pagan's Mind and any of those bands in both album sales and name recognition "HERE" in the US.

Have to agree here. Pagan's Mind are an excellent band and truly stepped up to the plate with two great performances at PP last year...but they're nowhere near Primal Fear in terms of notoriety here in the States. On this forum, of course they're a household name, but as Glenn has observed numerous times, this forum is not representative of the U.S. metal scene as a whole.

Heck, I've been doing WREKage here for several years now. In that time, we've gotten quite a few Primal Fear requests. I can't recall ever getting one for Pagan's Mind.

Have to agree here. Pagan's Mind are an excellent band and truly stepped up to the plate with two great performances at PP last year...but they're nowhere near Primal Fear in terms of notoriety here in the States. On this forum, of course they're a household name, but as Glenn has observed numerous times, this forum is not representative of the U.S. metal scene as a whole.

Heck, I've been doing WREKage here for several years now. In that time, we've gotten quite a few Primal Fear requests. I can't recall ever getting one for Pagan's Mind.
Interesting. While PF clearly has the "notoriety" you state, for sure, it's Pagan's Mind that rules requests for us. Interesting indeed. Maybe our formats are different?

Interesting. While PF clearly has the "notoriety" you state, for sure, it's Pagan's Mind that rules requests for us. Interesting indeed. Maybe our formats are different?

Your format caters more towards prog/power metal so you guys get the more obscure requests -- ours is all over the metal spectrum but primarily focuses on death/black/thrash, so the power requests are usually the more well known names.