So have you bought any "roster" cds since they were announced?

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I'm just wondering how many of you have bought a cd from any band on the roster that you had not heard before the announcement. Your thoughts?

I know the Fiddler loves Thunderstone's "Tools of Destructions" specifically, but most other posts have been vague about the topic.

Glenn H.

Only one so far i've ordered is Savage Circus. I already have all from Mercenary, Epica, Evergrey, a couple Vision Divine's, Pyramaze, a couple Nevermore's. I'm sure i'll be buying some Thunderstone and the new Pyramaze, and possibly a few FK's.

My shopping cart at my favorite vendor has Tools of Destruction and Politics of Ecstasy - I just need to finish the order later today. I already owned The Burning, and wasn't hugely impressed, but I've heard good things about ToD. I have all the more recent Nevermore albums, but don't have PoE. I recently heard a live version of "This Sacrament"; thus the order of PoE.

I am quite sure I'll buy albums from the other bands I'm not familiar with.

I'm up in Winnipeg, Canada where the only metal cds are not here or 27.99 at HMV. My policy, barring a super awesome cd that I really need NOW, is to download stuff, then wait until I get down to Progpower and buy some from the vendors first thing. I already owned Epica, Mercenary, Nevermore, Savage Circus, and Evergrey before the announcements, and I plan to buy another Nevermore, Thunderstone, and possibly Pyramaze. I don't think I can justify buying a FK cd :erk:

No. I own the entire discographies of Nevermore, Evergrey, Pyramaze, Mercenary and Savage Circus. I also already own three Freak Kitchen CDs. Wastefall, Vision Divine, Thunderstone and Epica leave me uninterested. Suffice it to say, I'm going to blitzed when Nevermore takes the stage on Saturday night.:kickass:

Zod

Snagged the Savage Circus recently, but also grabbed the latest Thunderstone (I LOVE the debut album). The latest Vsion Divine is on it's way as well.

I still need to play catch up on Epica - and of course get the new Pyramze and Mercenary when they come out.

Wastefall is the only band I'm not famialir with and need to track down- I've got everything else from the rest of the roster :D

\m/
Dustin

I have gotten Thunderstone and Savage Circus, but have Vision Divine, Epica, and Nevermore on order. I liked the music for Thunderstone, but since I am very much into lyrics, as well, I was left a little disappointed. I tend to lean toward the more positive tone of groups like Stride, Savatage, Edguy, and Angra or historical/mythological in nature like Therion and Blind Guardian, as well as being more of a fan of the prog aspect. The Savage Circus was good, but sounded too much like Blind Guardian doing a non-concept recording.

I buy at least one CD for each group on the roster every year. In 2001, at ProgPower II, I had no idea what any of the groups sounded when I bought a ticket and did this to get familiar with them and followed suit ever since.

Tommy

Just bought NEVERMORE, and SAVAGE CIRCUS is on order. All the others i have and have been listening too alittle every day. My thoughts are that there are really 4 bands(other than the 2 headliners) that are going to be the biggest surprises of the whole festival PYRAMAZE(naturally) SAVAGE CIRCUS, WASTEFALL, and FREAK KITCHEN.

not yet, although I've been meaning to pick up the Wastefall cds for about a year now. :lol: I'll probably get some Freak Kitchen, and possibly some Thunderstone, before the fest.

Harvester said:
I'm just wondering how many of you have bought a cd from any band on the roster that you had not heard before the announcement. Your thoughts?

I know the Fiddler loves Thunderstone's "Tools of Destructions" specifically, but most other posts have been vague about the topic.

Glenn H.

I have two Nevermore CD's, one Epica CD and pulled the Mercenary stuff out that I had before (their latest is on order now).

I want to get whatever Thunderstone has put out, and def want to hear all the Wastefall and Pyramaze I can find.

Evergrey...well I have everthing they have done already and will pre-order the new one soon. Savage Circus and FK are covered by someone else in our group.

Oddly enuff Independent Records (normally a good source) only had stuff by Epica & Nevermore in stock. Maybe that will change now that the roster is announced - I think someone there keeps an eye on the festival :) I picked up the Epica DVD, a missing Nevermore and have been samplilng mp3s by the others until I can find a place where I can order a bunch of this stuff at once (I love getting surprises in the mail :)

I know several of the vendors who make it to the fest have got most of this stuff available - just gotta shopa round and see where I can get the most bang for the buck :) Within a month or two I should have the complete catalog from all the bands - gotta have time to groove to them before the fest :) So far I ahvent heard anything I wouldnt listen to at least occasionally - :):headbang:

Jeff

Let's see i have gotten the Organic cd by Freak kitchen which I am liking, Savage Circus, THe first 2 Thunderstone, Epica dvd, The latest Vision Divine and will be getting the new Pyramaze soon. I own everything by Mercenary, Nevermore and Evergrey already

I just ordered both Wastefall cd's from laser's edge, should be here in the next couple days. I had been meaning to buy their cd's awhile ago (since I'm a huge PoS and they sound similar) but forgot till you announced them on the lineup.

Well I'm up to date on Vision Divine.

Jeremy already collects Evergrey stuff with a fanatic greediness.

Roger's genetically altered himself to look more like The River Dragon from listening to Nevermore so damn much.

Savage Circus will be on it's way soon.

Finally got 11 Dreams from Mercenary and I'll be GOD DAMNED cuz I left it in my cd player at home and I'm jonesing like Darryl Strawberry in a cocaine field.

Pyramaze ain't ordered yet. And that saddens me.

Im one of those that doesnt have too. If its bands I like I most likely already own the CD's (I own everything released by Vision Divine, Thunderstone, And Pyramaze), and even if I dont like the bands I usually know something by them. Out of every Prog Power so far theres only been 2 bands I never heard of or anything from (This year it was Wastefall).

Let's see...

Already have all the Evergrey, Mercenary, Savage Circus, Pyramaze, Thunderstone, and Wastefall in some form or other. 80% of them purchased personally, the rest traded for with ashaman7122.

I ran out to pick up Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor finally. I'm not a huge fan, but ashaman7122 has been twisting my arm forever to get into them. So, I figured "no time like the present." Along with a "Best Of" mix cd he made me, I think I'm set.

I'll probably pick up a Vision Divine and an Epica cd to try them out a little more closely, but Freak Kitchen ain't gonna happen unless I find some money lying in the street. :yuk:

:Smokin: