So have you bought any "roster" cds since they were announced?

The Fiddler said:
Which is my whole point and which is why they will never find, "it". They don't, "Take the Time" as a certain well-know prog band once wrote.

I tell you man... I can take a whole lot of time (and have in the past) and still come up with no good answer to this kind of question. It's just not that straightforward for a lot of people.

The Fiddler said:
I ask to make them think about the question, even if it's the only 10 seconds of their life they will ever think about it. I allow them to put their blinders back on after that if they wish.

Blinders? Dude, I wish I had some blinders... that would make things a hell of a lot easier! The problem is basically the exact opposite... that's way too wide-open and broad-based a question for someone to just be able to ponder for 10 seconds and come up with an answer to. Speaking from great experience as a disgruntled type, questions like that just tend to make disgruntled people even more disgruntled! :Spin: :) :Spin:

Harvester said:
I'm just wondering how many of you have bought a cd from any band on the roster that you had not heard before the announcement. Your thoughts?

I know the Fiddler loves Thunderstone's "Tools of Destructions" specifically, but most other posts have been vague about the topic.

Glenn H.

I'm new to the ProgPower metal scene, so all these bands are new to me! :headbang:

I purchased two Nevermore CDs (that's before they dropped out!), the latest Thunderstone (awesome CD!), Vision Divine, Epica, Mercenary, the live Evergrey CD, and Pyramaze (still on backorder.. dammit!). Looks like I need to get some solo Jorn or Masterplan CDs as well.

For those who have never been to ProgPower - in addition to seeing the awesome bands at ProgPower is the ability to buy TONS of CDs that you can't anywhere else (well, unless you feel like spending tons of $$$ to Amazon or other Internet mail order house). I spent something like $100 last year, and my friend spend close to $500! This time we're bringing much more cash! We must have used that ATM at Earthlink Live several times!

Bottom line - I'm digging all this cool music! Loved PP VI, can't wait until PP VII! :D

Diamond45

Diamond45 said:
For those who have never been to ProgPower - in addition to seeing the awesome bands at ProgPower is the ability to buy TONS of CDs that you can't anywhere else (well, unless you feel like spending tons of $$$ to Amazon or other Internet mail order house). I spent something like $100 last year, and my friend spend close to $500! This time we're bringing much more cash! We must have used that ATM at Earthlink Live several times!

Diamond45

Uh-huh. You can buy online from the same vendors who sell at the venue. For the amount of $ you're spending most, if not all, will even forgo shipping.

Just a thought.

Magius said:
Uh-huh. You can buy online from the same vendors who sell at the venue. For the amount of $ you're spending most, if not all, will even forgo shipping.

Just a thought.

There's actually some deals at the festival. Sometimes it's cheaper, and usually there's CD's that haven't been released yet.

That being said, wait. At the fest is much, MUCH better than online.

My cd catalog seems to grow every year around Jan/Feb after the bands are announced. I had to get some Epica and Vision Divine this year as I was not familiar with them.

since they were announced, i have bought 1 thunderstone, 1 vision divine, 2 epica, 1 mercenary, (savage circus i already had of course), 1 wastefall, 2 pyramaze, 1 nevermore, 1 evergrey.

the albums i got of each band, most were reccomended by my good friend darg.

After really getting into Thunderstone's, "Tools of Destruction" back in late January, I picked up their second disc, "The Burning" last week. I think I like it just about as much. I got the digipack with a few extra tracks and all the stuff is really solid (except for a couple of covers that could have been ommitted, IMO). The song, "Forth into the Black" just slays. A definite keeper and I think fans of "TOD" will certainly enjoy "The Burning". The demos are bonafied bonus tracks (they are not on TOD or The Burning) and not just radio edits.

The Fiddler said:
After really getting into Thunderstone's, "Tools of Destruction" back in late January, I picked up their second disc, "The Burning" last week. I think I like it just about as much. I got the digipack with a few extra tracks and all the stuff is really solid (except for a couple of covers that could have been ommitted, IMO). The song, "Forth into the Black" just slays. A definite keeper and I think fans of "TOD" will certainly enjoy "The Burning". The demos are bonafied bonus tracks (they are not on TOD or The Burning) and not just radio edits.

Just so you know...the "demos" from The Burning are all tracks from their first, self-titled album...

Therefore...if you dig them...check out the 1st one as well. I consider myself a big Thunderstone fan, but I have only recently scored their first album in the past few weeks. Granted, they've grown quite a bit, but their first album is nothing to turn your nose up to...totally worth it...a great progression as you go through their catalog...

Rock on!

Well, now that I've heard what all of the bands have to offer, probably the only cds I won't buy are freak kitchen. I downloaded Pyramaze's latest, and that's a must. I already own Mercenary, Epica, Jorn, Evergrey and Savage Circus cds, so that's done. I'm undecided about Thunderstone and VD, I'll listen to the stuff I have a bit more and see if it wins me over.

Since the announcements I've bought::

-Evergrey - 'Monday Morning Apocalypse'
-Savage Circus
-Jorn's new album
-Pyramaze 'Legend of the Bone Carver'

But... if I can tolerate the smoke filled vendor room for more than 3 minutes this year, I'll probably pick up albums from a number of the groups on the list.

I've now bought Savage Circus and Vision Divine, and acquired the new Evergrey. I am targeting Masterplan next. I've got at least something from the other bands on the bill (and all of Evergrey's material, natch).

Oh, yes I have. All of these are Japanese releases. I'm addicted to them big time.

Jorn - The Duke and Out to Every Nation
Thunderstone - Tools of Destruction
Epica - Consign to Oblivion
Vision Divine - The Perfect Machine and Stream of Conciousness
Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor
Mercenary - 11 Dreams
Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast and Legend of the Bone Carver

It took serious dosh to get them all. About $305.00 worth, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I had Pyramaze 'Melancholy Beast' and Savage Circus' debut at Christmas, before they were announced. I had a good feeling about Pyramaze playing the fest this year and was hoping that Savage Circus could make it too! So those two of my ten predictions came true! woohoo! and that's a first for me!

I have purchased EPICA's 'Consign to Oblivion' (limited edition cd/dvd digibook) a few weeks ago. I'll go back and purchase more of their material in the coming weeks and months.

I'll probably be picking up Mercenary's '11 Dreams' soon also. I already had 'Everblack'. The remaining bands will need to bowl me over at the fest to impress me enough to make major purchases. They're all 'ok' in my opinion. But I rarely go to the fest for more than 3 or 4 specific bands anyway. The remaining reason is the atmosphere.

:kickass:

Nothing for me this year. In past years I've always purchased a few before the show and lots at the show (I think we spent around $500 on CDs last year). The money's just not there right now. :(

I have been a dumb-dumb when it comes to Jorn's stuff, but I really like his new release. Having my favorite current guitarist helps quitre a bit, but I dig Jorn's new disc quite a bit.

Bryant

I allready owned A Night To Remember, (and bought ISOT when I found out I was going) , Savage Circus, Epica, and Mercenary.

I'll be an ass, and mentioned that I bought This Godless Endeavor when I caught Nevermore on Gigantour (got it signed too) :kickass: I'll be picking up Thunderstone, Pyramaze, and Vision Divine either before, or at the show.

Anyone know where to get Wastefall's Fallen Stars and Rising Scars, stateside preferably... I found it overseas but I don't want to pay the shipping