So have you bought any "roster" cds since they were announced?

I own all albums by Nevermore and Evergrey, the new Thunderstone and that's about it... I am interested in hearing more from Pyramaze and Leatherwolf... and that band that sounds like Labyrinth (who are also Italian)..name escapes me now.... the other bands will have to win me over come showtime... although Freak Kitchen is defo not to my taste.

To answer the original question of the post ... yes, I have purchased the last two Thunderstone discs .. mainly because they were announced for the fest. I had heard both albums before and liked them. It was high time I purchased them. I also bought Move, and Organic. I had meant to buy both earlier, but had trouble locating them at the various places I purchase things.

I already owned the entire collections of Nevermore, Evergrey, Mercenary, the last two from VD, and the debuts of Pyramaze and SC.

I don't plan on buying any Epica ... not my thing. I also don't really care much for Wastefall, so I probably won't purchase any of their stuff.

Britt

As much of a Thunderstone fanboy as I am (judging by the wad of $$$ I forked over for sponsorship), I never had their debut. Just got it...kicks ass.

Gotta give Glenn 100% credit for promoting Wastefall on the forum last year. His recommendation and one sound sample later, and I ordered both albums (they were on my sponsorship wishlist as well).

Anxiously awaiting the new Pyramaze...

Not really into Epica...not into Vision Divine...not real thrilled about owning any FK albums...but totally looking forward to the live show...Mattias may convert me...!

Already have everything else...

It's a good question and a good forum topic. It makes you wonder...how many North American album sales are spurred each year by this festival?

Rock on!

I am revisiting Evergrey again... I wasn't really into them when I saw them first time around. I just bought "A Night to Remember". Really starting to get into it.

I'm also looking to buy some CD's from Thunderstone, Pyramaze, Vision Devine, and Savage Circus....

I've made quite a few purchases in fact. I always try to get at least one CD from every band unless there's someone I already know I don't like.

Wastefall - Fallen Stars And Rising Scars: decent album with some good songs and a few that are not so great.

Wastefall - Soulrain 21: Just got this yesterday but initial impression is it's better than the previous CD, I think I'm going to like these guys.

Pyramaze - Melancholy Beast: Solid album, this one's growing on me and I'm looking forward to the upcoming release.

Vision Divine - Stream Of Consciousness: Decent album but hasn't made much impression on me. The concept/plot parts are a bit annoying. I'll give it some more time, haven't decided if I'll get anything else from them.

Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor: If ever the term "clone" applied to a band... nevertheless I really like this album, it's been getting quite a bit of play time around here.

Thunderstone - Tools of Destruction: Really good album, I'm definitely going to be picking up some of their other stuff.

Mercenary - 11 Dreams: This album kicks ass, probably the biggest surprise for me because the sample clips from their first appearance at PP didn't interest me at all back then.

Epica - Consign to Oblivion: I like it a lot _except_ for the laughably bad extreme vocals, which just really really suck. Fortunately they're only in two songs. Not sure if I'll bother with their first album since I understand it as quite a bit more "cookie monster" vox.

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor: I liked one or two songs on this, mainly the slower ones; the faster stuff just didn't do anything for me; rhythm section is what disappoints me most I think. Lead guitarist is definitely talented but the solos strike me as completely interchangeable and having very little to do with the songs they interrupt.

I already own the Evergrey catalog so no need for additoinal purchases there (last album was a disappointment for me but I have high hopes for the next). Freak Kitchen just isn't my cup o' tea.

I already own plenty of Nevermore, Evergrey, Mercenary, Thunderstone, Pyramaze, Savage Circus, and Wastefall. Although I don't own it, I have heard Epica's Phantom Agony.

My sole "PP Purchase" so far was Epica's Consign to Oblivion and The Score. Unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention to what The Score actually was. Also unfortunately, I don't really like Consign to Oblivion that much (granted, though, that's only after one listen).

I'll likely pick up the Savage Circus CD. I will intentionally remain ignorant of Freak Kitchen until September, to have the fun of going into one show with no knowledge of what to expect.

Ken

Only Pyramaze's Melancholy Beast so far. Looking forward to the new release!

Today's payday, so weekend shopping is likely...

I have the full Freak IA catalogue, all the Nevermore albums, and all the Evergrey albums that aren't the crappy Recreation Meh. I got plenty of Blind Guardian albums so I have no need for that clone band with Thomen and some random power metal dudes I don't care about. I have the full Pain of Salvation discography, so I have the Wastefall albums.

I did buy a legit copy of the most recent Oceansize album today, Synchestra too, and a box of cdrs. I'm good until Mindcrime 2 finally leaks in full.

Were there other ProgPower bands? Not sure. Some Dutch Nightwish meets Therion band iirc.

Harvester said:
I'm just wondering how many of you have bought a cd from any band on the roster that you had not heard before the announcement. Your thoughts?

I know the Fiddler loves Thunderstone's "Tools of Destructions" specifically, but most other posts have been vague about the topic.

Glenn H.

I usually enjoy live performances more when I know the material beforehand. I already own every studio album from Evergrey, Mercenary, Savage Circus, Thunderstone, Vision Divine, and Nevermore (except for their first 2 which don't do much for me). Pyramaze and Epica were on my to-buy list well before the ProgPower lineup announcements were made... it's been months since I've ordered any CD's (I haven't bought a single CD since ProgPower, which is amazing for me), but they'll be included next time I make an order. The songs I've heard from Wastefall so far haven't done much for me... in this case I think I'll just take in their set and see if they make any more of an impression on me. As for Freak Kitchen, I tried to get into them about 6 years ago... someone on The Power Zone was a huge fan and sent me a shitload of sound samples, and some were cool, but didn't really inspire me to buy any albums. Despite this, I am rather looking forward to their live set (should be pretty wacky, from what I've heard), and who knows, that may make me want to pick up an album or two.

The best part of this year's lineup is being a huge fan of ALL the bands and especially some of the amazing musicians involved this year (EVERGREY, LOOMIS/SMITH, OLAF, THOMEN!) And also in some cases seeing what a short few years has brought for certain bands *Mercenary and Thunderstone.* Every announcement was a pants shitter. Kudos to a perfect lineup (Pre-show included!)

BenMech said:
I have the full Freak IA catalogue, all the Nevermore albums, and all the Evergrey albums that aren't the crappy Recreation Meh. I got plenty of Blind Guardian albums so I have no need for that clone band with Thomen and some random power metal dudes I don't care about. I have the full Pain of Salvation discography, so I have the Wastefall albums.

I did buy a legit copy of the most recent Oceansize album today, Synchestra too, and a box of cdrs. I'm good until Mindcrime 2 finally leaks in full.

Were there other ProgPower bands? Not sure. Some Dutch Nightwish meets Therion band iirc.

Sometimes I think that I am a complete asshole on this forum...and I think (sometimes) Glenn (and others) would agree...

But...dude...you are such a troll at times...

Rock on! (...regardless)...

Just bought "Stream of Consciousness" from Vision Divine, and it's sounding really great!!! Can't wait to get the rest of their albums.

Still need... Pyramaze, Savage Circus, Thunderstone and more Evergrey...

I have not bought anything as I already own all of the discs from the bands I am interested in- Savage Circus, Pyramaze (will have new one when out), Wastefall, Vision Divine, Evergrey, Thunderstone, Epica!!!

You know, where they group all the bands that are playing, maybe discount the stuff or package them together? It'd be a tad bit easier than searching through entire catalogs of stuff that I want to look at :) I really do need to get some work done while I am at work - so it would benefit the company & me if someone had something like ths going :) Surely one of the vendors who will be there has come up with this, right?

Jeff

I'll be getting some Thunderstone, Vision Divine, the new Epica and Wastefall.

But any cd buying will have to wait until after Dream Theater finishes their current tour. All my cash is tied up in shows and travel plans till then.