So uh...I saw Anthrax play a three-song set tonight...

Dude, I was there.... seriously if they didn't perform "Bring The Noise"... I would have been so infuriated. My feet were FREEZING... like who's bright idea was it to have everyone stand on a block of ice in sub zero weather?? It was awful.

Like, I champed it because it's Anthrax and they're one of my favorite bands.... but seriously they only played three songs... like I waited in the snow and practically got frost bite for 3 fucking songs. I mean it was definitely worth it because Chuck D was there and I always wanted to see them play "Bring The Noise" live... but it was still disappointing.

I figured because it was such a small show that they would like walk around afterward and maybe do a meet and greet, but they went into their bus and stayed there.

And yeah people were animals. I was standing right against the fence, and people were throwing balls of ice at the sound guys and VIP dudes and shit... that was so unnecessary. And right after the show, I turned around, and saw some kid SPIT in another kid's face and then that kid got his ass beat by like 5 guys RIGHT AT MY FEET. And no one did anything to break it up. I'm a small individual... I'm only 5 feet tall... I do not do well when 5 huge guys are violently fighting literally right on top of my feet. Speaking of feet, I'm amazed that I didn't have to get any toes amputated from the cold.

But yeah, that show was vicious in many different ways. Like I'll never forget it, and it was definitely worth it to a degree (no pun intended), but at the same time, there was so much ridiculous and unnecessary shit going on that really pissed me off.

No wonder why it was free, who the fuck would pay for that?

Dude, seriously, so infuriated. like who's bright idea was it.

Like, I champed it ... but seriously... like I waited in the snow, practically got frost bite. I mean it was definitely worth it... but it was still disappointing.

I figured they would like walk around afterward.

And yeah ... and people were throwing balls of ice at the VIP dudes and shit...I saw some kid SPIT in another kid's face and then that kid got his ass beat by like 5 guys RIGHT AT MY FEET ... violently fighting literally right on top of my feet. Speaking of feet, I'm amazed that I didn't have to get any toes amputated from the cold.

But yeah... Like I'll never forget it, and it was definitely worth it but at the same time, there was so much ridiculous and unnecessary shit going on that really pissed me off.

Your post. Is absolutely. like, annoying.

Shit like this has been brewing for the last ten years. It really has nothing to do with metal, per se. More like the marketing strategies of Red Bull and ESPN bringing the chickens home to roost. Look, both of those entities have been pushing the "extreme" angle for the last 10-15 years. To do this, they tied "extreme" sports to metalcore. They did this with the explicit intent of reaching the 16-25 male demographic. Well, guess what? The culmination of all their hard work was on center stage last night. Not Anthrax, mind you, but the idiots fighting amongst themselves and acting like assholes. I brought my wife, and arrived there around 1945hrs. Well, by 8 PM my wife had enough. The idiots were shoving people around, and one nearly nailed my wife. Well, I love my wife and like my career, so we high-tailed it out of there. Had we not, I guarandamtee you that I would have been arrested for attempted murder.

Wifey knew that I was a bit pissed, so she gave me a few bucks to pick up a couple of CD's.

Listening to Orphaned Land's "Mabool" right now. :headbang::kickass: Thanks, Babes!

Dude, I was there.... seriously if they didn't perform "Bring The Noise"... I would have been so infuriated. My feet were FREEZING... like who's bright idea was it to have everyone stand on a block of ice in sub zero weather?? It was awful.

Like, I champed it because it's Anthrax and they're one of my favorite bands.... but seriously they only played three songs... like I waited in the snow and practically got frost bite for 3 fucking songs. I mean it was definitely worth it because Chuck D was there and I always wanted to see them play "Bring The Noise" live... but it was still disappointing.

I figured because it was such a small show that they would like walk around afterward and maybe do a meet and greet, but they went into their bus and stayed there.

And yeah people were animals. I was standing right against the fence, and people were throwing balls of ice at the sound guys and VIP dudes and shit... that was so unnecessary. And right after the show, I turned around, and saw some kid SPIT in another kid's face and then that kid got his ass beat by like 5 guys RIGHT AT MY FEET. And no one did anything to break it up. I'm a small individual... I'm only 5 feet tall... I do not do well when 5 huge guys are violently fighting literally right on top of my feet. Speaking of feet, I'm amazed that I didn't have to get any toes amputated from the cold.

But yeah, that show was vicious in many different ways. Like I'll never forget it, and it was definitely worth it to a degree (no pun intended), but at the same time, there was so much ridiculous and unnecessary shit going on that really pissed me off.

Hah! You were standing like three feet from me. (Wondering if this is one of the two short, cute girls standing directly in front of my friends and I. With the camera.)

Also curious to know if this is a long-time lurker or if somehow my post as found its way out on the internet already.

...anthrax is one of the bands i have had the most fun seeing.....they put on a great show.......(saw them with ozzy & lita for a new year's eve show in long beach, ca...) our seats were to the side of the stage and frank kept running over to our area...:headbang:

(when ozzy played, he didn't seem to acknowledge the peeps to the side of the stage...just the front)

Douchebag metal idiots are everywhere, unfortunately. I think one of the worst places I've seen it is at a place called Jester's Pub in Fayetteville, NC. There aren't huge crowds there, but there is an Air Force Base where these military guys who may or may not care about the bands just go there for "a show" and to just get drunk and be violent. I hate it almost as much as I hate the girl-pants mosh-dancers during shitty -core bands.

ANTHRAX have issued the following update:

"We want to apologize to our fans that came out to the Red Bull event last night in the hellish cold to see us play. It was an awesome event that we were honored to play but things just didn't go off quite like planned.

Originally, we were to go on just before 9 PM and play for 45-minutes. One of the snowboarding events ran very late which caused us to delay the start of our set. That and a curfew we were not informed about until 9:30 PM snowballed into an unfortunate situation that was beyond our control. As we were walking to the stage, we were instructed to cut our set to three songs, and no one was more surprised than us when they cut the PA before we could finish the third song. We are particularly mortified that this happened when our good friend, Chuck D, had just taken the stage for 'Bring The Noise'. We extend our apologies to him.

Nothing like this has ever happened to Anthrax before, and we regret that it happened last night. Thank you to those who came out to support and once again our sincere apologies."

Douchebag metal idiots are everywhere, unfortunately. I think one of the worst places I've seen it is at a place called Jester's Pub in Fayetteville, NC. There aren't huge crowds there, but there is an Air Force Base where these military guys who may or may not care about the bands just go there for "a show" and to just get drunk and be violent. I hate it almost as much as I hate the girl-pants mosh-dancers during shitty -core bands.

It's actually Fort Bragg that is right there (though Pope AFB is part of that).

I saw Overkill there once, and to the club's credit, they had lots of security. More than a few got the boot that night.