Social Media Hashtag: #ppusa

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
I encourage everyone to use the hashtag #ppusa when tweeting & instagramming anything about the fest. Why? Doing so will add tweets/photos about PP together; creating a grouping of PP-related info. This makes it easy for folks to see what’s going on at the fest real-time by searching #ppusa

Glenn and I will use Twitter frequently to continue giving followers behind-the-scenes info, tips, and pertinent communication during the fest.

Also, next year's roster & dates will be tweeted real-time during the video presentation after Soilwork’s set Fri. night.

Go here and click the mobile phone button in order to get every tweet by PPUSA sent to you as a text message if you like. (ps - you don't need a twitter account to see our tweets!)

twitter-2.jpg

See y'all in ATL!! :)
~Jen

Are your Twitter updates automatically posted to Facebook as well? I don't have a Twitter account and would like to see next years roster announcement as close to real time if possible.

**Edit - I saw in your post where you said you don't need a twitter account to view the updates**

I don't use anything but G+ (I know, odd man out), but whatever I post that's fest-related will be tagged #ppusa.

It was in response to a ppusa fan made meme saying he neglected the best metal festival in the world.

I think he was simply saying he has interviewed many of the bands on his shows...he had Overkill on his podcast last week. I think he's a straightforward guy. I think if he did go to PP his head would fall off though.

Has he really though, beyond Overkill and maybe Jon Oliva? The rest of the bands don't seem the type to show up on his show. They all came after the 80's.

It was in response to a ppusa fan made meme saying he neglected the best metal festival in the world.

I think he was simply saying he has interviewed many of the bands on his shows...he had Overkill on his podcast last week. I think he's a straightforward guy. I think if he did go to PP his head would fall off though.

If he came to PP I'm thinking he would find a whole lot of people welcoming him in. Why not? Its all about our sharing a common love of music together. Its nothing but good times & good people, right? He should just take a vacation, come on down to Atlanta, and party with everybody else. You know he would enjoy it, and so would we. Heck, I'd like to be the first to buy him a pint of Guiness. :kickass:

Re: Trunk - see Glenn's reply in this old thread, please. He has NEVER mentioned the festival ProgPower USA on his show. Ever.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/781662-future-progpower-usa-8.html#post10287416

~Jen

Wow. So Glenn was going to bring him in as a special guest - VIP pass with all expenses paid - no strings attached - and Trunk doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to Glenn's offer? Really? If Trunk cannot even acknowledge something as basic as the very existence of a fellow human being, let alone someone trying to do something truly nice for him, then PPUSA is better off without Trunk's shadow darkening the gutter in Center Stage's back alley.

Hi! I was the one who stirred it up again with Trunk, I have 0 problems pointing out his fallacies as a "metal" ambassador. If you want a good laugh just look at his recent playlists. He's such a f'ing douchecanoe he claims to have played so much of "ppusa" metal.. He can go smoke a pipe already.

Trunk's tastes aren't that bad by themselves, they're all good bands, I just wish he'd acknowledge everything after 1990.

I contributed to the fun as well...I tweeted him before by encouraging to him give the festival a try.
On his podcast show (the Blitz from Overkill episode) I would say it was a gloss over, but Blitz didn't say anything about it either... Basically Trunk was just like, "PROG?!?" and then proceeded to subject change about how Overkill could play all types of shows bc of their versatility.