Solid 08 releases so far

haha but dude, you totally misquoted me. I said as far as their thrash albums go RTL is the worst. I never said it was bad. :D However, some of the more poppy (like "Escape") songs that sound like they were purposely written to sell albums but completely lose everything awesome about Metallica keep it from being the best. In fact, I don't even think those songs were written by Metallica. While I do think that RTL had several classic Metallica songs... it doesn't hold up as a FULL album compared to Master Of Puppets and Justice, or even Kill Em All IMO.

But hey, that's fine. Hopefully we can disagree on more stuff so that you can have a full night's sleep and continue to book awesome fests hahaha :D.

This is all fail! MoP is the most overrated album by Metallica thus far and yes it's not their thrashiest you can't deny Kill 'Em All is pure thrash but RTL being worse than MoP!? shoo!

oh and P.S. new Hollenthon is good!

I'd take the 90's over the 80's on a heartbeat... To be honest, I find the 80's to be, by far, the worst decade for music.

About 2008 releases:
I am in love with NIN's Ghosts I-IV...

can't wait for the new Portishead, coming out this tuesday! :) Warrel's solo album is also something I am really interested in.. gotta check it out!

I doubt there are many Deicide fans here, but the new album is leaked and hopefully it'll just be some good DM like their last one(don't care about a debate how shitty they are!)

Pharaoh - Be Gone
Royal Hunt - Collision Course
Rage - Carved In Stone
Brainstorm - Downburst
Benedictum - Seasons of Tragedy

This is my top 5 so far, but I have to listen to the new albums from:

Ayreon
Battleroar
Stormwarrior

...and I am still waiting for some promising albums that have not been released yet.

Has anyone heard Battle Dragorth's 08 release? im thinking of buying it, I myspaced they had 1 track and it sorta reminded me of Alcest but sticking more to black metal(especially the vocals)

Testament - The Formation Of Damnation
Death Angel - Killing Season
Warrel Dane - Praise to the War Machine
All three Believer reissues are completely killer

The new Firewind is cool - I'm not digging the mix much though, maybe it's because we downloaded it off iTunes. I'm gonna buy the CD to get a better quality rip.

Has anyone heard Battle Dragorth's 08 release? im thinking of buying it, I myspaced they had 1 track and it sorta reminded me of Alcest but sticking more to black metal(especially the vocals)

Can you post a link to their myspace? I can't find them on google, metal-archives, or any of the torrent sites but if they sound like Alcest I'm very interested.