Stratovarius: Gone

I have his third solo disc Serenity. It is pretty good from a musical standpoint, but it isn't power metal by any means. I find it to be more of a rock album, but not metal.

Edit: Thanks AMBR for the correction.
Get his first 2 solo discs! They ARE metal! I look forward to hearing Serenity ASAP!

It's actually his 3rd. You're assessment is pretty fair. It's hard rock with a metal edge. Very listenable, but not for those metal fans who are looking for Strato-style power metal. He's made considerably progress with this CD and was able to add some dimension by enlisting some composing help from Tuomas Wäinölä. Sometimes fresh ideas and interesting new directions can be made when musicians collaborate, but not everyone figures that out. :Smug:
I really like TK's first 2 solo discs. Serenity should be good as well.:headbang:

STRATOVARIUS - "Tolkki's Main Motivation Was Greed"
http://www.bravewords.com/news/89041

"In short it's not so much a story of simmering discontent leading to a wise and respectable decision. It's definitely not a story of naivité. It's the story of Faust, the story of madness, of a band's natural and slow decline, but in the end something mundane: the story of a supreme narcissist going broke and betraying friends of 12 years who helped save him a few years earlier.
Hopefully this explains the situation a little bit. Sorry if it is long on business crap, and short on humor or music. This was a terrible, disappointing blow to us.
We would like to thank our fans who make it all worth it, and despite it all, we would like to thank Timo for the past, the nice music and the good moments.
The rest of us want to make clear that we are doing great and that we will continue making music together, because we care about each other and we care about our fans. We have grand plans indeed, and we will have some very interesting news in the months ahead!
Timo Kotipelto (vocals), Jens Johansson (keyboards, piano), Lauri Porra (bass), Jörg Michael (drums) - the remaining members of Stratovarius"

Former STRATOVARIUS Guitarist Timo Tolkki Responds To Former Band's Claims
http://www.bravewords.com/news/89042
"Well I've never been called a Faust before so at least that's a new one. I don't consider that I have betrayed anyone, but that I have stayed true to myself and my beliefs. Also from the very beginning I shared all the income from every source equally between all the band members. That doesn't sound like greed to me. Bitter it does sound.
It is not a story of Faust, it is a story of a rock band and this statement verifies all those things I am writing in my statement. There is hate. There is tension. All those things were and are still there.
The statement ends 'the remaining members of Stratovarius.' Although I own the name and all the rights to that, I have no problem if the guys want to continue the band without me. I am very happy with RR getting interesting fresh musicians and doing loads of creative stuff in my life. Too bad it had to end this way."

All I am going to say is that, TT on his own did Saana, and that was the biggest piece of crap I have heard in years. He needs to do something big, and from the clips I heard of the RR stuff, it isn't awful, but nothing near Visions or Episode, so he just needs to call it quits now completely, and be done with music and the music industry, and he needs to do what he does best, being a drama queen.

Sad to read, but I lost my interest in Stratovarius during their wacko times in (i think) 2004 (the miss K, peeing on eachother on stage, timo T's weird interviews). I do keep on listening to their old material, they used to be an incredibly energetic band.