Thank You Glenn....

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
Its finally setting in....Jorn fucking Lande headlining PP06!! Maybe we can expect Yngwie to appear as a special guest??? Does the restaraunt have enough food to feed this metal giant? Do the fans have enough love for his ego??? Is Jorn stupid enough to bring Yngwie and his wife to Atlanta???
OMG!!! How about a mud wrestling match center stage between Yngwies wife and Jorns date for the evening? Lets get some serious theater going in Atlanta this year!!!

Seriously Glenn...you continue to be the master of all things Prog and all things Power (except the Sieges Even and fragile Vastness errors...I forgive you)

Read the post closely...hint (sarcasm)
I think Yngwies ego would implode the building,and if that failed,his big Swedish ass would collapse the Earthlink stage...at least it would be at the end of another awesome weekend in Atlanta

TwizstedJesus said:
Its finally setting in....Jorn fucking Lande headlining PP06!! Maybe we can expect Yngwie to appear as a special guest??? Does the restaraunt have enough food to feed this metal giant? Do the fans have enough love for his ego??? Is Jorn stupid enough to bring Yngwie and his wife to Atlanta???
OMG!!! How about a mud wrestling match center stage between Yngwies wife and Jorns date for the evening? Lets get some serious theater going in Atlanta this year!!!

Seriously Glenn...you continue to be the master of all things Prog and all things Power (except the Sieges Even and fragile Vastness errors...I forgive you)

Whoa !! I think Yngwie is about the biggest prick this side of Mars to The Sun, but let me tell you a true story.

I saw Doro and Yngwie open for Dio in Atlanta many years back. Yngwie pick and chose when to play the actual solos he put on the various releases. It is ok to improvise on a song here or there to give a new spin, but he basically noodled his way around the guitar.
Jorn..... sounded like he didn't belong. He was ok on some stuff and pretty poor on others. I had a good time during some of their stuff because I dig some of YMs classic stuff, but between YM going out in left field with his fills and solos and Jorn not doing justice to even lesser vocalists (though JLT and Vescera are certainly very good vocalists in their own right,) I would just have assumed more Dio and Doro.
Having said all of that, I was at PPII and Jorn sounded great with Ark. If you want to beat up YM for being a dick, be my guest, but from the performance I saw with YM and Jorn, both should be angry as hell at each other, but neither should have the right to show it.

Bryant

TwizstedJesus said:

With Jorn Viggo Lofstad on guitar, the only special guest we need is Russell Allen!

Bryant said:
Jorn..... sounded like he didn't belong.

Bryant

I saw the same show in Minneapolis. Was not too happy with Jorn's performance either. After the show, Yngwie took off and left his band hanging without any transportation to their hotel. A week later, I found out that the whole band were given the pink slip.

P.s. Bryant, congrats on your Steelers

Dr.Caligari said:
I saw the same show in Minneapolis. Was not too happy with Jorn's performance either. After the show, Yngwie took off and left his band hanging without any transportation to their hotel. A week later, I found out that the whole band were given the pink slip.

P.s. Bryant, congrats on your Steelers

Thanks for the Steeler congrats buddy. As far as YM's stunts...... nothing surprises me. Believe it or not, I have seen YM twice and both times, he was extremely gracious to his fans and met them after the show etc. He must have found some good dope or wine or something on those particular nights. He's still a dick.... as I know too many horror stories about him, but I am speaking from my personal experiences and luck as one would have it.

Bryant