The End Records will not be in attendance

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
For the second time in three years, The End Records has declined to attend at the last minute. I want to thank them for their support in the past and wish them nothing but the best in the future.

That said, they will NOT be returning in the future. Their slot may remain empty this year due to the last minute cancellation. It will be filled next year by a vendor that will retain first right of refusal.

If any of you know of a vendor that focuses on death/black metal/experiemental/goth/doom/etc that would like to set-up shop this year, please have them contact me.

So they pulled this twice in a row on you Glenn??? What the hell?

I obviously have no idea of the specifics of what's happening with them, but from an outside perspective, it seems like The End has had nothing but problems since they moved from Utah to New York?

Sucks. The End Records is where I spend just about all of my money at the fest.

Do vendors have to pay to set up at ProgPower? I know of two mailorders based in Atlanta that focus on death/black metal. Just looking for information for when I pass along the word to them.

I obviously have no idea of the specifics of what's happening with them, but from an outside perspective, it seems like The End has had nothing but problems since they moved from Utah to New York?

Without question. I used to get my shipments from them in 2 days... UT to MA. The last two orders I placed with them... it took 5 days from NY to MA... figure THAT one out.

If any of you know of a vendor that focuses on death/black metal/experiemental/goth/doom/etc that would like to set-up shop this year, please have them contact me.

Relapse? Although I don't know how much they would sell at ProgPower. They don't have a ton of "on-topic" stuff in their catalog. Still, most of my favorite death metal bands are there, so I thought I'd mention them.

Sucks. The End Records is where I spend just about all of my money at the fest.

Do vendors have to pay to set up at ProgPower? I know of two mailorders based in Atlanta that focus on death/black metal. Just looking for information for when I pass along the word to them.

They are required to purchase their tables. This is standard industry practice.

mëtålspëd;8516760 said:
Without question. I used to get my shipments from them in 2 days... UT to MA. The last two orders I placed with them... it took 5 days from NY to MA... figure THAT one out.

Same.

I have fond early memories of The End. When I was first getting into power metal with a ravenous appetite, The End was like a bottomless well to me, offering almost any CD I wanted at prices $2-3 less than a store, and I'd get them in 5 days or less. (2 days if I ordered 3 or more at a time). For a year solid I would order 2-3 discs, and then as soon as they arrived I'd immediately order more. Of course I was not going to sustain that forever so I tapered off for a while. Since their move however they've been going downhill steadily, not the least of which is an overblown website (I'd not visited for a while, and then I went back to the site one day and literally could not find the actual webstore). The last order took a very long time to get to me (NY to MA), and given their dropping stock of available titles, it's followed that I've taken my online business elsewhere.

Henceforth I was really looking forward to visiting their table at ProgPower since I could "get back into them" as a vendor right there in person on the spot. Double-psyched because when I went to PP in 2006 they were not there. I was really ready to seriously unload some cold cash on them. :(

Now I have no choice but to eat the Laser's Edge table alive. :)

I don't know what the heck is happening with that label.
They used to be the best mail order out there.
A while back, all my money was spent at their table at Milwaukee Metalfest.

Their recent label signings (IE - Lordi, Mindless Self Indulgence, Tub Ring, Juliette Lewis, etc.) indicate they have little interest in underground metal.

It's a damn shame, considering they are home to arguably the two best dark metal bands here in the states, in Novembers Doom and Agalloch.

That sucks about The End Records. I have a quick question, and this might have been asked bofore. Is Sentinel Steel going to be attending again this year? I enjoyed them being there last year and hoping that Den would bring his table back this year.

Thanks
saMetal

I don't know what the heck is happening with that label.
They used to be the best mail order out there.
A while back, all my money was spent at their table at Milwaukee Metalfest.

Their recent label signings (IE - Lordi, Mindless Self Indulgence, Tub Ring, Juliette Lewis, etc.) indicate they have little interest in underground metal.

It's a damn shame, considering they are home to arguably the two best dark metal bands here in the states, in Novembers Doom and Agalloch.

Not only the new signining are really odd, some of their old artists are no longer with them... The Gathering's and Agua de Annique's latest efforts didn't come out on The End...

The End is still my #1. Out of all the online distros, they cover my needs my needs better than anyone. Plus, I live in NJ. Using The End gets me free shipping, no tax and my CDs show up in a day or two.

As for some distros who specialize in darker music...

Dark Symphonies
Deathgasm Records
Full Moon Productions
Red Stream

And if you were interested in going in another direction, there's a great Stoner distro...

All That's Heavy

Zod

The End is still my #1. Out of all the online distros, they cover my needs my needs better than anyone. Plus, I live in NJ. Using The End gets me free shipping, no tax and my CDs show up in a day or two.

As for some distros who specialize in darker music...

Dark Symphonies
Deathgasm Records
Full Moon Productions
Red Stream

And if you were interested in going in another direction, there's a great Stoner distro...

All That's Heavy

Zod

I'm sending an email to Evan at Deathgasm in a bit. They're based in Marietta, so it's not exactly like he would have to account for travel or anything.

TER ceased to be a good deal for me a long time ago. Why pay $17.00 USD for a cd + shipping when I can get the same album for about $10.00 CAD via iTunes? That said, I liked the special Amorphis PP t-shirt I bought at their booth last year. Also, I don't believe Agalloch is on the TER label anymore.

That sucks about The End Records. I have a quick question, and this might have been asked bofore. Is Sentinel Steel going to be attending again this year? I enjoyed them being there last year and hoping that Den would bring his table back this year.

Thanks
saMetal

As Glenn said, YES!

And now is a good time to shoot an e-mail if you want anything special from Sentinel Steel. Den will take requests.

Also, request that his table crew wears Pippi Longstocking outfits :loco:

A bit annoying, but lately they're not carrying my type of music so I don't know if I'm gonna miss them totally. Hope another vendor can fill the slot.

Fuck. I love The End. I really do. I now know a guy that works their booth at every show and he was at Maryland Deathfest too, so it also sucks that I won't be able to talk to him (he's always giving me great recommendations). Sucks that they won't be there.