Civil War - EP Preview & Pre-Order

So, you prefer his Lions Share albums?
As I explained above, for me, he doesn't that much like Dio because of the way he sings. Sure, he's got the same style, but not the exact same voice.

Yeah, I'd take Lion's Share over Astral Doors. I liked the Wuthering Heights stuff OK too. Their latest was a big step forward.

Anyone else envision Sabaton doing a GnR cover?

"I don't need your civil war...."

Badump.

Thank you. I'll be here all night.

That would be classic. :lol: :lol:

That said, after listening to this twice, and I think they got the wrong frontman. Let's be real: this is a poor man's Sabaton, and I would LOVE to see what Broden would have done with this. His vocals are what is needed to give this material that added power. NJP just does not provide that on this material. He is a great singer, yes. Given the material he had on Wuthering Heights and Astral Doors, he fit the vibe that music called for. But, this is like an Angra CD with Charlie Domenici as its frontman or Ari Koivunen fronting Judas Priest. It might look good on paper, just does not work musically. The instruments and production sound good. But, this material just is not for a Dio-type singer.

It's funny how people either love Joakim's vocals or their hate it. Same seems to be the case with Nils. I like them both!

It's funny how people either love Joakim's vocals or their hate it. Same seems to be the case with Nils. I like them both!

I never said I hated Nils voice, per se. He just does not fit this material. Hell, I would say the same thing if Broden was chosen to front Angra. His voice would not fit the material.

Oh, not you. I've just heard from a lot of people how Joakim "can't sing", ect. It's really weird.
Joakim is great for the material he is given. He fits the image of what Sabaton is. However, Would you want him fronting Kamelot or Stratovarius? He would be a fish out of water.

Musically, it sounds better than Sabaton has with their last 2 albums (which were steps down from their early material).

This is interesting. To the post calling this "poor man's Sabaton" are we to assume that the band Firesoul will be a "poor man's Mercenary" by the same logic?

Daniel's comment "It felt really good to do something that was more ‘us'" is interesting because songs like "I Will Rule The Universe" sound just like Sabaton to me. Maybe after playing that style for years that's what comes to mind when it's time to write new stuff?

Regardless, this album sounds great, a definite buy. Here's hoping for a US tour soon!