The next two are....

adaher said:
I just can't imagine who the headliners are. I've been racking my brain for weeks.

Whoever it is, it will have to be a big surprise.

I'm thinking a Crimson Glory reunion. I simply base that upon the fact that Midnight and Ben were there lat year. It always works that way; Timo was there last year and he is playing this year... It just makes sense and I'm sure it was discussed at some point. On top of the fact that Ben and Midnight did an acoustic show at the BW festival last year. Somthing is definitely up!

Symphorce sound like a pretty cool band... The singer reminds me of a mix of Zak Stevens and Timo Kotipelto... Man, Saturday night is coming along quite nicey, quite a POWER line up...

I need one more band that I'm dying to see to be on the bill. Stratovarius is #1. I make it a rule that I need two major draws for me to go. Last year it was Kamelot and Edguy.

Well Stride sounds really cool, now that the song finally finished downloading. I'm officially 100% thoroughly satisfied with tonight's announcement.

dargormudshark said:
To be honest, The line-up isn't doing much for me, but everyone else seems to be happy, and I still have not seen the whole line-up yet. I am stil going because I love this festival and I want to support Glenn so he can put on a festival I will love next year......AYREON BABY!!!!!!!
Agreed. Outside of PC69 and possibly CMax, really want to hear their album, the other bands don't really do it for me. Now, if one of the other bands left is Masterplan, bingo we have a winner. A CG reunion would be the icing on a very tasty cake. I'll be there also, regardless, as my GB's are paid for & hotel reservations are made.

There has to be a reason the last 2 bands being announced are the last 2 to be announced. It will all become clear in a couple of weeks....I hope.

adaher said:
I need one more band that I'm dying to see to be on the bill. Stratovarius is #1. I make it a rule that I need two major draws for me to go. Last year it was Kamelot and Edguy.

Using that formula for myself, then as of now there would be no one for me. But, there are a few bands on the bill now who I have either heard or have albums of. So the lineup is getting better and better as of right now.

I have heard three songs of Stride so far (JC! Big UP'S!) and I like what I've heard. Melodic Prog with good comnponents. And Symphorce is a good pick too. "Twice Second" is a solid Power Metal album. Does anyone know if they'll have a new album by Sept., or will they still be touring with that CD?

And I'm still hoping for a couple of Prog-minded bands for the final two...

I'm really unfamiliar with every band announced so far. I own one Stratovarius album, its ok. I've heard of Symphorce because of Brainstorm and the fiasco, and I've heard the other band names mentioned here on occasion, but have no material outside of the samples. PC69 and Therion sound pretty bad from what I've heard, Manticora, Circus Maximus and Orphaned Land all sound like they could be good. It still depends on a few variables(like finding someone to come down with me), but regardless I'm going to try be there to support the festival and enjoy myself.

Wow.. just.. wow.. This is lineup is truely pick of the litter selection of bands that i've never heard of that have so far, through samples, have blown me away. (Obvious exceptions to therion and strato)..

This definitely blows PP5 out of the water, and giving PP4 a serious run for the money.

I'm totally psyched for Orphaned Land, Symphorce, Circus Maximus, Manticora, Stratovarius, and Stride. I'm betting Therion will be really cool live, and I'm not that into PC69.
So far ProgPower is shaping up very nicely for me, there's only one band I don't really care for.

Circus Maximus sounds really good. I'm buying their album when it comes out. If I love it, I'll come since that'll make number 2.

I'm familiar with all the other bands and they range from Ok to decent, IMO. Although considering Andy Franck's performance last year Symphorce might draw me.

I do have a question about Stratovarius though. Isn't Glenn worried that Timo might flip out again and make him have to replace a headliner? That was why I doubted Glenn would sign them back in January. Seems a bit risky.

adaher said:
Circus Maximus sounds really good. I'm buying their album when it comes out. If I love it, I'll come since that'll make number 2.

I'm familiar with all the other bands and they range from Ok to decent, IMO. Although considering Andy Franck's performance last year Symphorce might draw me.

I do have a question about Stratovarius though. Isn't Glenn worried that Timo might flip out again and make him have to replace a headliner? That was why I doubted Glenn would sign them back in January. Seems a bit risky.

I doubt it. He was stable enough to repair ties with the other band members and arrange a tour.

adaher said:

All I will say to this is, Timo T must have a completely different way about him and be recovering well from his illness. In the interview last year with Timo K. (for the event program) I got the feeling it would take almost a miracle for him to rejoin the band. So, Timo T must be doing ok now for it to even have gotten this far. Good for him.

It might just kill him considering how hard he works to make one amazing show happen a year... but a big one off show featuring just Ayreon seperate from ProgPower would be amazing and doesn't seem impossible.

I think you could get a lot of people to a show like that.

I know I've seen this scenario at least once before around here... I don't recall if it was mentioned by the man himself though. Doubt it...

Whenever I see Mephistopheles post something, I can't help but agree, because with that avatar, it looks like a deity is posting. :tickled:

A big Ayreon show would be incredible...but let's not be gluttonous now, we get at least ten awesome bands per year as it is!

whats it with ayreon that everyone is hoping to get.. i've never even heard of em(not that I'm a master of prog or power genres, but I've been listening for a while now...)

i am happy with symphorce with andy's brainstorm's performance. i will admit to being fooled expecting 2 prog acts tonight.

I will be curious about March 8.

Orphaned Land is my Pain of salvation this year. Symphorce gets me psyched thanks to brainstorm.

Circus Maximus cd will be in my hands as soon as it is available. I like what I hear from Manticora.

PC69 will be entertaining although I will probably sit back and relax during their set.

Therion hopefully will do something that won't be part of their nightly tour set.

I will let all you crazy power metal fans get up by stage for stratovarius.o_O

bhcompy said:
whats it with ayreon that everyone is hoping to get.. i've never even heard of em(not that I'm a master of prog or power genres, but I've been listening for a while now...)

Ayreon is Arjen Lucassen. He writes huge, double-disc concept albums with a large group of guest vocalists in mind. These guest vocalists are generally famed prog rock/metal vocalists, and they sing their parts on his albums. Some of the more popular vocalists he has featured are Bruce Dickenson, Russell Allen, Mikael Akerfeldt, Timo Koltipelto, James LaBrie, etc. Sometimes famed guest musicians are also featured doing solos or whatnot.

I would never expect to see Ayreon at ProgPower... it's a very good project... but I doubt that Glenn will ever pull that off..

Now, how about a Conception reunion, with Masterplan?
Or Angra and Masterplan?
or Evergrey and Masterplan?
Or Angra and Evergrey?
or.... COME ON GLENN, ANOTHER TEASER! lol

Glenn has mentioned an Ayreon one-off in the past. It would be hideously expensive, it would require a lot of cooperation from several labels, and it'd be a truly monstrous show if all of the guest vocalists and musicians could perform. :headbang:

Heck, it'd be pretty monstrous if half of 'em showed! ....But it would get a lot more press attention, and sell a lot better, if the "heavy hitters" like Bruce Dickinson, James Labrie, Mikael Akerfeldt and Devin Townsend were there.... :worship: