The Official Seven Kingdoms Tour Diary

Well looks like there will be 0 stage room tonight for support lol. May be playing in the crowd next to you guys :)

This is a Seven Kingdoms tour thread. Period.

There is a specific thread to continue to beat the horse to death with the overexposure bullshit.

Camden knew I/we were kidding, Glenn. I'm one of his best friends and the ex-vocalist of Seven Kingdoms. I think I can poke fun whenever I want in a Seven Kingdoms thread. Thanks for deleting all my posts though. :p I was one of the few people BACKING YOU UP in the Blackguard thread. Jeez.

Near-realtime photo attack!
76950_1665440190032_1058079951_1790495_3255543_n.jpg

Darn good set!

Lol pretty cool pic! Show went well I think. I couldn't hear jack shit on stage so lets see what the internets says! Lol. Barely any room to move but we made it work! The barricade was close enough that I was able to like straddle the photo pit lol!

Much more energetic audience than the royal oak show. Had a blast! Now on our way shortly to Minnesota.

Camden.....it was great meeting you. Nice to be able to chat for a little bit with people you only talk to on message boards. Glad you are having a good time on tour. Too bad you were not able to go out and sightsee and stuff. Next time you guys are on the road hopefully you will. You can attest to everyone who thinks Jason and I are jerks that we really are some nice guys.

From the looks of it, Neil couldn't have been too far from us actually.
Great turnout for the show.
Hansi said it was between 600 and 700.

Cool to meet you Camden. Seems like you are having a blast on the road.

Some more thoughts. I hadn't listened to a note of your music before the show, and you guys ended up being the best opening-band-I-was-unfamiliar-with at a metal show that I've seen in a long time. Being able to make an impression on people hearing you for the first time is a really important skill to have on the opening-band circuit, and judging by the rest of the crowd, they were similarly won over. Of course, it certainly helps to have a cute girl telling a crowd of Dungeons & Dragons dorks to clap their hands and whatnot, they're much more likely to obey!

Sound was quite good, and while Sabrina hit some bum notes from time to time, most of the time she was right on. You guys could do some killer Amaran covers (cuz you know how in-demand those are!) I thought the harmony vocals were awesome, until I saw that some of them were being faked, which then makes me think they're all being faked, which then makes me think "lame!" I say ditch that nonsense; no one knows your songs anyway, so they won't know what they're missing, and I'm sure the songs hold up fine without the trickery.

Final unasked-for advice: you gotta convince Skullet Man guitarist to shave off the skullet! Devin Townsend could pull it off because he's an ironic heavy metal anti-hero, but that's about the only way it can work. Since you have a lead singer who increased crowd attention by 28% when she took off her jacket, you surely understand that looks unfortunately still matter in this game. Heck, Holy Grail gets 70% of their power from their look alone; their bass player is freakin' Geezer Butler reincarnated (oh, Geezer's not dead yet? Well, they at least reincarnated the Geezer from 40 years ago...)

I keep forgetting to check the capacity there, but I think Hansi's off-the-cuff estimate was a bit high, I was going more in the 500 range. It was probably the fullest show I've seen at the Bottom Lounge, but it still wasn't a sell-out.

he didnt come to meet us. To his defense it was pretty crowded there and hard to navagate through the crowd.

And to my prosecution, I was standing less than 10 feet from you guys the whole night. :lol:

Neil

Sound was quite good, and while Sabrina hit some bum notes from time to time, most of the time she was right on.

This is my only criticism of Seven Kingdoms.

Sabrina tried to hit some notes that simply are not in her range.
I have not heard your music prior either, so maybe on disc she is a multi-octave vocalist.

When she attempted to change octaves, it fell flat unfortunately.

Granted, a crappy PA could be the source, etc....

You guys do have a nice classic metal sound. I do agree that you guys were a solid opening band.

Neil - Seriously man? You were that close to us and didn't say hello???? :mad: