The Official Seven Kingdoms Tour Diary

Lol pretty cool pic! Show went well I think. I couldn't hear jack shit on stage so lets see what the internets says! Lol. Barely any room to move but we made it work! The barricade was close enough that I was able to like straddle the photo pit lol!

Much more energetic audience than the royal oak show. Had a blast! Now on our way shortly to Minnesota.

Enjoy freezing. Just out of curiosity, are you and BG letting photogs stay in the pit all night? Coheed did us that favor and I'd love to be able to do that again with the shows.

Curufin and I will be in LA in addition to my telling you I'll be in Tempe. going to ROOOOOCK

Heck, Holy Grail gets 70% of their power from their look alone; their bass player is freakin' Geezer Butler reincarnated (oh, Geezer's not dead yet? Well, they at least reincarnated the Geezer from 40 years ago...)

:lol: I fucking said the same damn thing to Bob that the bass player totally looked like the Sabbath guys did in the 70s.

It was nice to see 3 quality bands instead of the 1 out of town band and two to four locals opening.

Totally. That's why I was looking forward to this show, besides it just being my first Blind Guardian show. It was good to see decent openers that actually fit with the headliner.

so the winnepeg show was terrible.... as far as draw i mean.

doors were at 7 and usually the show starts at 8 but i guess it got pushed back to 7:30. we played in front of maybe 75 people. it was fun though, tight set, and those 75 people seemed to really enjoy it.

The bulk of the crowd showed up at like 9 pm and all durring guardians first few songs. overall maybe 300 people in there tops. same for the minnesota show. nobody was there either, maybe 200-250 tops. A few more people should have shown up for that one in my opinion.

doors were at 7 and usually the show starts at 8 but i guess it got pushed back to 7:30. we played in front of maybe 75 people. it was fun though, tight set, and those 75 people seemed to really enjoy it.

The bulk of the crowd showed up at like 9 pm and all durring guardians first few songs. overall maybe 300 people in there tops. same for the minnesota show. nobody was there either, maybe 200-250 tops. A few more people should have shown up for that one in my opinion.

Did Lance show up for the Minn show?

That is surprising, Winnepeg is often thought of having one of the better music scenes in Canada. Oh well, be prepared for Edmonton and Calgary, both dates are sold out! There are people scrambling for last-minute tickets over Facebook! The venue in Calgary caps at around 900 people and Edmonton is smaller, 500 people tops.

Did Lance show up for the Minn show?

Nope. I didnt see him.

That is surprising, Winnepeg is often thought of having one of the better music scenes in Canada. Oh well, be prepared for Edmonton and Calgary, both dates are sold out! There are people scrambling for last-minute tickets over Facebook! The venue in Calgary caps at around 900 people and Edmonton is smaller, 500 people tops.

The venue is way bigger than that here in calgary. It caps at like 1400 and its like the biggest stage of the tour. Totally stoked to play tonight. I may actually be able to "stage run" to the other side LOL

and its in like a university. pretty killer.

Glad you guys liked the Toronto show so much! I don't think people know what a tight metal community Canada has. Iv'e seen alot of bands come on stage not knowing what to expect and leave with smiles. \m/ \m/

Glad I got to meet you guys after the show. Got you guys to sign our tickets and cd we bought. (which was listened to 4 or 5 times over the next 2 days and still has a top spot on my playlist...right next to Guardian and Holy Grail right now... \m/...I think it was you Camden, who ran to the dressing room to grab the tour itinerary thing off the wall after seeing my gf's Guardian setlist she got. She's seriously been bragging about that ever since. lol. Keep on rocking guys!

Come back soon!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

well the show in Calgary was awesome! Merch was good, the crowd was awesome and we met a bunch of new fans! I think there was around 800+ there that night? was the biggest stage we have played on just yet. I have tons of footage from the tour so far but the lack of a constant internet connection has left me waiting untill we get home to make a tour documentary, but it will be done. Should be getting some footage of the guardians in the coming days so that should be pretty funny! hhaha

In Edmonton now. Had lunch at the food court who knew that TACO BELL has FRENCH FRIES. and loaded NACHO FRIES on top of that? and america thinks they have it bad with a big mac, ther is a DOUBLE BIG MAC on the menu at the canadian mickey D's. Complete shenannigans.

The venue is sold out tonight at like 550 i think. Guardian had to set their kit up like staggared to even have room for the support drum sets LOL. At least ther will be more room than at the chicago gig and it looks like we get monitors tonight! all is good in the cold here!

Glad you guys liked the Toronto show so much! I don't think people know what a tight metal community Canada has. Iv'e seen alot of bands come on stage not knowing what to expect and leave with smiles. m/ m/

Glad I got to meet you guys after the show. Got you guys to sign our tickets and cd we bought. (which was listened to 4 or 5 times over the next 2 days and still has a top spot on my playlist...right next to Guardian and Holy Grail right now... m/...I think it was you Camden, who ran to the dressing room to grab the tour itinerary thing off the wall after seeing my gf's Guardian setlist she got. She's seriously been bragging about that ever since. lol. Keep on rocking guys!

Come back soon!

Awesome man! Glad we could hook her up with that man, Thats the least we could do with such great people ther!

Had the pleasure to attend the Calgary show with my son. We took the two hour plus drive in and we both enjoyed ourselves greatly. Seven Angels did even better than they are letting on. They had the crowd going and made a big splash as they had the folks up front head bang and clap and throw fists continually, and they had a nice continual parade of fans coming by and picking up shirts and discs following their set.
They sounded pretty solid. I have read that Sabrina was having difficulties at some shows, but she sounded spot on to my ears last night. New bass player Aaron was a head banging monster on stage and was pretty cool talking it up with me for a good long time between the Holy Grail and Blind Guardian sets. (Nice actually getting to get to meet up with the whole of the band.) Kevin and Camden played well. Keith sounded awesome, though I could not see him as he was hidden behind his drum set
I do believe that there was over 900 people out at last count.

Had the pleasure to attend the Calgary show with my son. We took the two hour plus drive in and we both enjoyed ourselves greatly. Seven Angels did even better than they are letting on. They had the crowd going and made a big splash as they had the folks up front head bang and clap and throw fists continually, and they had a nice continual parade of fans coming by and picking up shirts and discs following their set.
They sounded pretty solid. I have read that Sabrina was having difficulties at some shows, but she sounded spot on to my ears last night. New bass player Aaron was a head banging monster on stage and was pretty cool talking it up with me for a good long time between the Holy Grail and Blind Guardian sets. (Nice actually getting to get to meet up with the whole of the band.) Kevin and Camden played well. Keith sounded awesome, though I could not see him as he was hidden behind his drum set
I do believe that there was over 900 people out at last count.

Seven Angels? :lol:

well the show in Calgary was awesome! Merch was good, the crowd was awesome and we met a bunch of new fans! I think there was around 800+ there that night? was the biggest stage we have played on just yet. I have tons of footage from the tour so far but the lack of a constant internet connection has left me waiting untill we get home to make a tour documentary, but it will be done. Should be getting some footage of the guardians in the coming days so that should be pretty funny! hhaha

In Edmonton now. Had lunch at the food court who knew that TACO BELL has FRENCH FRIES. and loaded NACHO FRIES on top of that? and america thinks they have it bad with a big mac, ther is a DOUBLE BIG MAC on the menu at the canadian mickey D's. Complete shenannigans.

The venue is sold out tonight at like 550 i think. Guardian had to set their kit up like staggared to even have room for the support drum sets LOL. At least ther will be more room than at the chicago gig and it looks like we get monitors tonight! all is good in the cold here!

University of Calgary has 3 venues in it (The pub, caps at around 400, the ballroom upstairs that caps at 900 or so and the downstairs Hall is the 1400+ one) and the show was originally booked for the ballroom, and that was sold out. However, for whatever reason the show ended up happening downstairs in the even bigger hall. Pretty sweet! Glad you're enjoying some fine Canadian cuisine.

Edmonton show kicked ass! Seven kingdoms rocked it hard, Holy Grail was lots of fun and Blind Guardian was immaculate! The crowd was rabid, the sound kicked ass too. Best show I've seen in that venue ever. WHHOOOOOA, MAJESTY! Fuck, is my throat ever sore.

So was able to up load the first bit of some of the footage from the road so far.. not much but mekka LOLz will follow

Last edited by a moderator: