The Official Seven Kingdoms Tour Diary

A friend of mine just saw you guys in Dallas tonight. He said you killed, and immediately bought your CD. Whatever you guys are up to, it's clearly working.

Looks and sounds like you guys are having a blast out on the road !
:headbang:Cant wait for your homecoming show down here Florida @ Florida Powerfest in a couple days

Cam... did you guys come any where close to recouping the investment you made getting onto this tour?

File under "confidential"!

;)

Seriously though, this is something that doesn't matter to the public. There's no doubt that being on a tour like this is expensive, and is to be seen as an investment from the support bands side - the first couple of major tours will never be immediately recouped for any support band - it will hopefully come with the next couple of albums and future tours later on.

File under "confidential"!

;)

Seriously though, this is something that doesn't matter to the public. There's no doubt that being on a tour like this is expensive, and is to be seen as an investment from the support bands side - the first couple of major tours will never be immediately recouped for any support band - it will hopefully come with the next couple of albums and future tours later on.
Understood. And perhaps I should have been clearer in my original post. I'm not looking for a balance sheet. Ultimately what I'm asking is, was it worth it? Did the merch sales, experiences and exposure make the investment worth it? If they had to do all over again... would they?

It's got to be a pretty kick ass experience to be touring with a band like Blind Guardian and to be playing to a crowd as big (outside their home market) as they did in both LA and even Tempe, AZ. The Tempe crowd went absolutely nuts for Seven Kingdoms. The LA show, the crowd was into it a bit, you know, like you'd expect for an opener, but in Tempe the band got the place rocking, fists pumping, heads banging and people jumping around, and it wasn't just the first row. If any of the other shows were even half as much fun as Tempe, that alone should be worth it for this run, right?

How many of us would kill for the ability to say "My band toured with Blind Guardian"? ;)

Well it was an awesome show in St. Pete last night. The place was packed and all the bands were spot on. Especially liked the thrash band from Orlando (the name escapes me)...
BG had a close to 2 hour set and were incredible. Hansi sounded better than I have heard him in years.
Great reception from the crowd for all the bands (including Seven Kingdoms), and the venue did a good job getting the bands on without too much wait.
Hell, I was home and in bed at 1.10 AM... Not too common these days. Very appreciated indeed.

A very well organized gig.

By the way... Here is Hansi's top albums of 2010. Kinda cool list.

Hans Kürsch (Blind Guardian):
1. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
2. Crippled Black Phoenix - I, Vigilante
3. Helloween - 7 Sinners
4. Accept - Blood of the Nations
5. Sons of Liberty - Brush-Fires of the Mind

Courtesy of Metal Hammer

Yep....very cool show. I was glad to see the venue full. My neck is still sore from JUST WATCHING the lead singer from Holy Grail....that dude brings a crapload of energy to the stage.
I missed the first couple of bands, but it was still a great night of metal music.

the venue did a good job getting the bands on without too much wait.
Hell, I was home and in bed at 1.10 AM... Not too common these days. Very appreciated indeed.

A very well organized gig.

Well, it was about 90% the bands themselves plus all of us working for Camden on staff with our BRIGHT-AS-FUCK-YELLOW Camden Cruz Entertainment shirts who made this happen. Also, Camden himself running around like a madman. So, you're welcome. ;)

Apart from working the show, I thought all of the bands did an exceptional job and made this easily the best show on the whole Blind Guardian tour. It was the tour package + some phenomenal openers added to the bill. I loved every minute of it. Can't wait to work the show again next year! :headbang:

EDIT: Whoever asked me to sign their copy of Brothers Of The Night, if you're here, you're awesome. :) Glad you like the disc.

Great show tonight. I thought Seven Kingdoms really stepped it up a notch from the two prior times I'd seen them.

Blind Guardian were great....and we got "Valhalla" instead of "Bright Eyes" by audience demand. :)

I guess I was the only one that thought that Hansi's voice was off. Or maybe he can't hit the high notes anymore? It just seemed to me like he was straining and not even attempting to hit the trademark high notes...really noticeable on Sacred Worlds and Fly. Has he been singing like this for awhile now, or am I really the only one that heard it like that. I thought Seven Kingdoms sounded great, but I could not hear any background vocals.

I guess I was the only one that thought that Hansi's voice was off.

This makes me feel a "little" better about missing the show last night. Just a little....

Oh, and yeah, he tends to avoid the high notes if he doesn't have to do them. I can't down him for that, though; I'd rather he save his chops so he can continue singing with that trademark voice. Now, if he sounded like he's gargling razors and constantly going flat on notes, that's another matter...

Kudos to SK. They are a different band from back in September and I think the audience reaction proved it. They went over far better than Holy Grail.

Good crowd..600-700?

Btw, the bard's setlist:

Sacred Worlds
Welcome to Dying
Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (at the Iron Hill)
This Will Never End
Into the Storm
Lord of the Rings
Tanelorn (Into the Void)
And Then There Was Silence

Encore:

Wheel of Time
The Bard's Song
Valhalla
Mirror, Mirror

Wow, that set is very short compared to earlier in the tour.

In Chicago a few weeks back, it was obvious that Hansi has been fighting a cold. He still did a great job, but you could tell it was a bit of a struggle.