The one band that you would go for...

Glenn,
I do have to agree with you about my being in a major market.
It probably does spoil my area more than we know.

I know from your perspective that bringing back a previously successful act will be a sure thing in terms of ticket sales, crowd response, etc, which certainly makes sense.

As I said, these are just my opinions. Everyone has their opinion on what the absolute "ideal" fest would be. From a financial standpoint they might even be horrible ideas!!!!! :)

longshot9 said:
yea i'm in the doesn't really matter who plays crowd. unless it was 2 nights of nothing but PoS.

Two nights of nothing but Pain of Salvation?!?!?! What an *AWESOME* idea!! :heh:

Glenn, are you listening?!?!? OK, how about if we have Enchant open up for them one night (for 90 minutes) and Andromeda open up for PoS for them the second night.

Actually, I'm there regardless, but I'm likin' the idea!! Wow....10 hours of PoS...brilliant!!!!! I'm there!!!! :headbang:

VenomGA said:
I will be there every year unless the lineup is made up of POS and ZH or bands that sound like them. LOL

Nothing personal (I don't even know you), but I hope you're not there next year. :lol:

PoS, ZH, and "bands that sound like them"....my dream festival. :kickass:

I've been to all 7 ProgPower's, and Pain of Salvation, Zero Hour, and Power of Omens were the reason I started going (they played PPUSA #1). Symphony X and Evergrey were good, too, but those were the three that got me to take a chance on an unknown promoter. I'm hoping that now-known promoter keeps bringing the kind of bands that got him started!! :headbang:

Craig

Harvester said:
I simply don't want any "Band A sucks" threads as I walk more of a political tight rope that people realize when it comes to dealing with bands, booking agents, managers, and labels.

I definitely realize that, and I'd add the fact that it's flat-out rude, given that it's well-known that many band members DO frequent this site. Being in a band means accepting that not everyone will like you, but still....it's completely unnecessary and rude. Sort of like walking up to someone on the street and going "damn, you're really ugly." It's just not cool.

Craig

Kathy said:
Nocturnal Rites... but when it comes right down to it..... doesn't really matter cause I'll be there anyway! :headbang: :kickass:

They completely killed at Powerfest this year.
Toss up between them and Sonata Arctica for the best performance I saw this year.

iron maiden, hahaha. ill be seeing them this saturday in philly btw, anyone else?

lets see, well i wouldve gone this year for Epica even if the other 9 time slots were given to slipknot.

Blind Guardian
Nocturnal Rites

and a killer 1st slot would be Magistral!! darg knows what im talkin about. :headbang:

of course, after being there this year for the first time, i must say itll take a shitload to make me miss anymore than i already have.

Have said it before, will say it again - as long as there are at least two bands I like on the bill, that's my money's worth right there when put into context with all the fun I have.

That said, I'm kinda hoping the show is slow to sell out again this year, because I have a vacation to the Caribbean planned right around the time that tickets go on sale. o_O

We're there regardless of who Glenn books. WE are there to support the Man. However...bands that would get me to move heaven and earth to see? Vanden Freakin Plas - again, Enchant, my guys, Superior, Braindance, Freak Kitchen, Pagan's Mind, Pantomind

Coldie

Jasonic said:
They completely killed at Powerfest this year.
Toss up between them and Sonata Arctica for the best performance I saw this year.

Yes, they did!:headbang: My toss up would be between them and Children of Bodom...hummmmmmm That show kicked some major ass at the Masquerade!:headbang:

oops.. that wasn't this year; it was last.

sccaldwell said:
Nothing personal (I don't even know you), but I hope you're not there next year. :lol:

PoS, ZH, and "bands that sound like them"....my dream festival. :kickass:

I've been to all 7 ProgPower's, and Pain of Salvation, Zero Hour, and Power of Omens were the reason I started going (they played PPUSA #1). Symphony X and Evergrey were good, too, but those were the three that got me to take a chance on an unknown promoter. I'm hoping that now-known promoter keeps bringing the kind of bands that got him started!! :headbang:

Craig

That was Beautifulll mannnnn..... :headbang:

sccaldwell said:
Two nights of nothing but Pain of Salvation?!?!?! What an *AWESOME* idea!! :heh:

Glenn, are you listening?!?!? OK, how about if we have Enchant open up for them one night (for 90 minutes) and Andromeda open up for PoS for them the second night.

Actually, I'm there regardless, but I'm likin' the idea!! Wow....10 hours of PoS...brilliant!!!!! I'm there!!!! :headbang:

I'd rather poke my own eyes out with freshly sharpened pencils than be ANYEHERE near this! But most of you knew that already....:heh:

I'm hoping Danny G. still has his anti-US angst going, and would only show up to spite *me*...:lol:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
I'd rather poke my own eyes out with freshly sharpened pencils than be ANYEHERE near this! But most of you knew that already....:heh:

I'm hoping Danny G. still has his anti-US angst going, and would only show up to spite *me*...:lol:

J-Dubya
I don't know if they'd let him get on the plane with his tin foil hat.