Ticket & Band Replacement

I rather have a sure thing type of band. There's been three bands cancel so far, and two that I was really looking forward to seeing. At this point I'd prefer more of a known quantity that I like than some no-namer.
If you were coming to Sweden Rock with Jason and I, you'd be seeing both Volbeat and Astral Doors. So you have no one to blame but yourself.*

:loco:

Zod

*We still have room for one more.

If you were coming to Sweden Rock with Jason and I, you'd be seeing both Volbeat and Astral Doors. So you have no one to blame but yourself.*

:loco:

Zod

*We still have room for one more.
You guys would have to pay me to go this time ... I haven't recovered from last years trip. Plus, as big as Sweden Fest is I'd never be able to find the stages those bands are playing on.

Britt

You guys would have to pay me to go this time ...
I'll give you $8.

I haven't recovered from last years trip.
Don't be a wuss. Jason nearly died at Wacken last year and he's going to SRF. :loco:

Plus, as big as Sweden Fest is I'd never be able to find the stages those bands are playing on.
Actually, last year's Wacken was reportedly close to 60,000 people. SRF this year should be 30,000. After Wacken, SRF will feel like an intimate club date in the Chicago burbs.

Screw the Cubs.

Zod

Waiting (im) patiently for the announcement. I love it when Glenn throws someone out there I don't know yet. Hell, I find most of my favorite new bands from the people on this forum (can't keep up with all the news & releases everywhere so I let you all sort em out - review em - and then make buying decisions)>

One cool thing for me is that Glenn's tastes seem to run pretty similar to my own - so when he feels strongly about a band - and I check them out - they are usually pretty much inline with my tastes. So far - each of the PP that I have attended I have absolutely LOVED the oddball bands on the bill. Of course, when you are signing up such high quality "oddballs" (Mercenary, FK, Therion, PCetc) - it's hard not to live 'em :)

So bring on the announcement - so I can say "who the fuck" - and then begin my quest for finding their music :) Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in to this Glenn- hopefully after this you can sit back and actually "relax" for a bit.

Jeff

Intriguing. Honestly, I prefer that we're getting a band that falls into this category, than a Nocturnal Rites or someone of that ilk.

And by the way Glenn, I'm fairly certain Wolves in the Throne Room would illicit the "Who and What the fuck?!?" responses you desire. Just a thought. :loco:

Zod

WitTR live near me. They sure do love stretching the truth on certain matters regarding their self sufficiency. Also, not that great of a band IMO.