Top 10 of 2010 so far

Just have listened to Anthriel - The Pathway a few times. DAMN solid debut album from Finland. Sounds a bit like Cloudscape mixed with Symphony X, very good progmetal.

I've been waiting for the new Magic Kingdom to drop. The initial songs I've heard on Youtube sound great (other than the growling). Olaf Hayer still sounds as good as ever.

Edit: The samples I heard on iTunes intrigued me so much, I bought it. Absolutely fantastic effort! If you like stuff in the Rhapsody / Yngwie sort of vibe, you might want to check it out.

1. Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
2. Immolation - Majesty and Decay
3. Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos
4. Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
5. Ihsahn - After
6. Melechesh - The Epigenesis
7. Overkill - Ironbound
8. Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
9. Slough Feg - The Animal Spirits
10. Pensees Nocturnes - Grotesque

The new Helloween album is pretty awesome, I don't really like much of their older stuff I've heard. I think that's the only metal album I've heard that was released this year. I'm trying to catch up with all the old stuff first.

Enjoying Vega: Kiss of Life which would have been the perfect summer pop metal album of 2010. But just came out today.

Overwhelming album. I consider it´s a kind of Gun meets melodic rock. One of the best AOR releases from 2010. Martin brothers are outstanding songwriters. They did with Work Of Art (their personal project) but too with other artist (House Of Lords, Joe Lynn Turner, Sunstorm,...). If case you didn´t hear it please check Khymera "The greatest wonder". In my opinion, a masterpiece and the best Martin´s work.

top 2010 for me should look somewhat like this.. Mostly "softer" prog rock/metal releases, I'm becoming a wimp :oops:

1. Wolfspring - Wolfspring
2. Haken - Aquarius
3. Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape
4. Gronholm - Eyewitness of life
5. Rosswell Six - A line in the Sand
6. Anthriel - The Pathway
7. Wizards - The Black Night
8. Overkill - Ironbound
9. Nick Magus - Children of Another God
10. Fracture - Dominate & Overload

Thanks SoundMaster.

I'll be seeing Carach Angren and Immortal, amongst others, on the 18th of December at the Eindhoven Metal Meeting in the center of Eindhoven live. Practically around the corner for me. Looking forward to that very much!

http://www.effenaar.nl/agenda/6575

So the 18th has come and gone; how was the show?
I imagine Immortal totally OWNING in a live setting!

Finally getting around to my Top 10 list. Still a ton of 2010 releases that I haven't properly listened too yet, of course.

1 Accept - Blood of the Nations - what more can I saw about this one?
2 Danzig - Deth Red Sabboth - nice surprise after 15 year drought
3 Virgin Steele - Black Light Bacchanalia - almost met expectations
4 Orphaned Land - ORwarriOR - right on par with Mabool
5 Armored Saint - La Raza - wish these guys would record more often
6 Blind Guardian - Edge of Time - big improvement over prior 2 albums
7 Atlantean Kodex - Golden Bough - quality Manilla Road / Bathory worship
8 Black Country Communion - Glenn Hughes sounds great
9 Therion - Sitra Ahra - spotty, but has some good tunes
10 Iron Maiden - Final Frontier - disappointing, but still Maiden

Final shape of the top ten 2010:

1. Heathen – “The Evolution Of Chaos”
2. Wuthering Heights – “Salt”
3. Enforcer – “Diamonds”
4. White Wizzard – “Over The Top”
5. Pretty Maids – “Pandemonium”
6. Tarot – “Gravity Of Light”
7. Armored Saint – “La Raza”
8. Sabaton – “Coat Of Arms”
9. Dream Evil – “In The Night”
10. Poisonblack – “Of Rust And Bones”

In no particular order (except maybe the first five are a notch above the rest):

Echoes - Nature/Existence
Rage - Strings To A Web
Jon Oliva's Pain - Festival
Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age
Armored Saint - La Raza
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Grave Digger - The Clans Will Rise Again
Andre Matos - Mentalize
Helloween - 7 Sinners
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned

Still on the list are Therion, Circle II Circle, Allen/Lande, Roswell Six, Angra, Shaman, Accept etc so this list will change.

In no particular order (except maybe the first five are a notch above the rest):
Andre Matos - Mentalize

"Mentalize" is a 2009 release, I bought it that year (and recall it ranked good). You just got it in 2010?

I think it was released in Japan and Brazil in 2009 but my version (SPV) indeed says 2010 in the back.

Yeah, I got the Brazilian version I think. It will be the same with the new Motorhead, it was released at the end of 2010 but I bet the February USA release will say 2011. :wave: