Tour Announcement: WHITE WIZZARD, ICARUS WITCH, WIDOW

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
wwtourflyerweb1.jpg

Intromental Worldwide is proud to announce the hottest and most over-the-top traditional metal package of the summer!

LA metal heroes WHITE WIZZARD (Earache Records) will be hitting North America in August, bringing their high-speed metal assault to the major Mid-West, East Coast and Canadian markets. Joining them will be Cleopatra recording artists ICARUS WITCH and Pure Steel Records (and Intromental) metal maniacs WIDOW!

Tour Dates are as follows (more dates to be announced very soon):

Aug 9 - The Riot Room - Kansas City, MO
Aug 10 - TBA - Minneapolis, MN
Aug 11 - MoJoe's - Joliet, IL
Aug 12 - TBA - Detroit, MI
Aug 14 - TBA - Ottawa, ON
Aug 15 - Katacombes - Montreal, QB
Aug 16 - Wreck Room - Toronto, ON
Aug 17 - Broadway Joe's - Buffalo, NY
Aug 18 - The Studio @ Webster Hall - New York, NY
Aug 23 - Kingdom - Richmond, VA
Aug 24 - Berkeley Cafe - Raleigh, NC
Aug 25 - The 120 Tavern - Atlanta, GA

For more information, visit www.intromental.com, www.facebook.com/whitewizzard, www.facebook.com/icaruswitch, www.facebook.com/widowtheband

Just a quick note about this tour:

This tour may be just a little statement from us, especially in regards to the Paul Di'Anno tour and how things turned out with that one. Talk about getting some lemons and turning them into electrifying, sweet, high-speed-gto lemonade!!

I wanna personally thank Jon Leon, bassist and founder of White Wizzard for stepping up to the plate and being a true class act to deal with so far. I'm immensely looking forward to seeing them kick some ass on the road this August. Also, many props to Icarus Witch and Widow. These guys are true road warriors and they will impress each and every attendee of the shows.

Now guys, I humbly ask you to do your part as well. Tell your friend about the tour, attend the shows, buy some merch... hell, buy the bands a beer! Show everyone your support so that we can continue bringing these shows to the States.

Oh yeah, and make sure to tell EVERYONE who attends the shows, to scan the QR code on the poster as well. ;)

Motorhead might disagree. :heh:

I thought I recall hearing they lost their 4th member before the last tour and were looking to replace him.

LOL, Widow is a lot more fun than Motorhead live... sorry bro. :lol:

And yes, they are a three piece. It just worked out better for the band and they're sticking to it.

This tour was completely booked and worked on by Intromental Booking (ie: Milton)! There's a lot of talk about others out there who 'control the metal market', and a lot of people aren't happy with that, so if that's the case, you better get out to this show in your area and make sure it does well, because ladies and gentlemen, this is the kind of variety we want to keep talking about and planning and bringing you. You could almost consider this Uniting the Powers of Metal 2nd Edition. This is going to rely heavily on ground force word of mouth, so please tell others about these shows in your areas.

THe Lone Rangers are another great trio!!!!

Just a thought.....
I agree a tour like this will need to rely HEAVILY on word of mouth.
That being said, Intromental should try contacting bigger local bands in each vicinity to try to get on the show.
That way you have a local force helping to further promote the gig and possibly bring in folks on their own.

Not to storm on the parade, but getting people out to Joliet IL on a Saturday night?
That's gonna be VERY rough unless a drawing local is on the bill.

Area Promoters have to do their job too. The sooner they learn this is no longer a "buy a package, see people line up" market, they'll have to figure something else out. Count on seeing locals open at every show, for sure. But that's the club/promoter's issue. The best we can do, is hope you all go out, and bring 2 friends, so they can bring 2 friends, etc.

I agree a tour like this will need to rely HEAVILY on word of mouth.
That being said, Intromental should try contacting bigger local bands in each vicinity to try to get on the show.
That way you have a local force helping to further promote the gig and possibly bring in folks on their own.

I've been emailing the promoters with local band suggestions for openers. If you can think of some good ones (i.e. Ghost in the Ruins ;) ), shoot me an email!