Tour Announcement: WHITE WIZZARD, ICARUS WITCH, WIDOW

Just got the numbers, 120 paid.

Biggest show of the tour so far. :)

I have always said that Raleigh had a great scene and great bands.
I was going to say it was at least 100. It was a pretty good show; all the bands were good and one of the best shows I have ever seen Widow put on and god knows I have seen them a lot.

Those who don't know Knightmare and other Raleigh locals; pay some attention, it is not like the local scenes is secret.

Excellent show last night in Raleigh. It was well worth the drive, and my son had a blast. Some observations:

Kinghtmare wasn't bad. I didn't love them, but didn't dislike them either.

Icarus Witch 2.0 is VERY impressive live. I love the new album, but they're a really tight band on stage. They'd make a killer PPUSA opener.

Widow is probably the most fun band in metal. They have a great energy live, especially on their home turf. Plus they were all really nice to my son, which I appreciated.

White Wizzard, despite having a lineup that changes every time you turn around, is a really solid live act and just a good band overall.

Oh, and I met Claus, who surprised the hell out of me by being a totally nice guy in person! :lol: Really, everyone who came out was cool. Raleigh really does have one of the best metal scenes - both in terms of bands and fans - in the US.

Enjoy the bands in Atlanta tonight. And those of us who caught any of the stops on this tour should raise a glass to Milton for booking this thing. Cheers, dude!

Oh, and I met Claus, who surprised the hell out of me by being a totally nice guy in person! :lol:

ROFL, even though I know you're kidding, that was hysterical.

Justin Gaines said:
Enjoy the bands in Atlanta tonight. And those of us who caught any of the stops on this tour should raise a glass to Milton for booking this thing. Cheers, dude!

Thank you to ALL of you guys who came to the shows. I am so proud of all of the bands and the tour overall. Hoping Atlanta is awesome right now! :)

JUST got home at almost 4:30AM. :guh: I am one tired ass promoter/metal fan.

But we did it! We beat Raleigh by 6 paid tickets! WooHoo!!! :danceboy: 126 total paying fans, with another 9 on various guest lists. I'd say the peak of the night there were at least 100 people actually IN the venue watching the acts.

Great show, great bands from start to finish, great to see some familiar faces in attendance that I have not seen in some time.

If you missed, I daresay once again You F'N MISSED IT!!! :worship:

but you had better have been in the hospital or in jail. :Smug:

Wow... Atlanta was incredible! Everyone had a blast, tour couldn't come to a better close! White Wizzard has two more shows (free tonight in Pensacola, FL and on Wednesday in Tempe, AZ) while Icarus Witch and Widow are heading back home.

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in the tour (White Wizzard, Icarus Witch, Widow), the Intromental crew, all of the promoters (especially Hoyt!) and venues, all "local" bands that brought their fans to the show, and last but not least every single one of the fans that went to see the shows. I'm happy that all bands had a blast, sold a lot of merch, made a little money and brought their music to new audiences. I guarantee a lot of people walked away as new fans of at least one of the bands each night. I appreciate the support and can't wait to bring you guys something else (and really cool) in the next couple of months. Oh, and *keep an eye out for Spring 2013.*

ahem! you hear that Atlanta?! you gonna let the metal scene in Raleigh show us up?! You know you got nothing better to do tonight other than watch your DVR of 'Say Yes to the Dress' with your S/O while clipping your toenails. :ill:

So drag that S/O out to Marietta and throw some horns at the stage while these bands bring their A-Game for the final show on the official tour! :kickass:

If this was any other day.... I make it to most of your shows, but 8/25 is the wife's birthday... I hope it was a good show for you.

A few videos from the Atlanta show for those who missed it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGLx-IMPLaM"]WHITE WIZZARD: IRON GODDESS OF VENGEANCE[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
If this was any other day.... I make it to most of your shows, but 8/25 is the wife's birthday... I hope it was a good show for you.

FWIW, there was a couple who attended this show while celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary. :Smug:

hah hah - just sayin' :p

but I appreciate the support when you can make it out bro. \m/ It was indeed a great show for everyone involved. Those who made it out can attest to the metal being thrown about the place all night.

FWIW, there was a couple who attended this show while celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary. :Smug:

hah hah - just sayin' :p

but I appreciate the support when you can make it out bro. m/ It was indeed a great show for everyone involved. Those who made it out can attest to the metal being thrown about the place all night.

Ha! I stopped dragging her to shows years ago, just not into metal. She is going to Nightwish though, it'll be her first show in about 8 years.

I will be at the next Metalfest! Anything happening before that?

I will be at the next Metalfest! Anything happening before that?

This weekend - Sept 1st - we have a show featuring retro-thrash from Ohio: Vindicator, supported by locals Death of Kings and the debut of Shadows in Eden.

Oct 6th is the Atlanta Cancer Care Benefit show hosted by Halcyon Way

and I have something pending that I will discuss soon concerning the date of Nov 10th. ;) Once everything is finalized, I can announce.