Tour Announcement: WHITE WIZZARD, ICARUS WITCH, WIDOW

Widow - very tight, and they clearly love what they do. It shines through every time they play. It's the second time I've seen them, and I enjoyed both performances. That said, their songs don't grab me. I need to get a hold of one of their discs, and see if a few more spins will convert me.

Give their latest - Life's Blood - a try. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

On Facebook there are 89 people that have selected going on the event page for friday's show and about 70-80 on the fence. Will be interesting to see what the turn out is since last year when I saw widow there was only about 20, and the 3 of us who waited for Widow got a private performance with six songs from life's blood just so they could play something different I guess lol. We still had a blast :D

Some photos.
Widow:
p742776957-5.jpg

White Wizzard:
what the hell is the guy in the front doing with his neck?? LOL.
p6720683-4.jpg

man, this guy is photogenic!
p522813778-5.jpg

p212740164-5.jpg

p761489386-5.jpg

Not sure how last night went (Monday night in Wilmington, DE :lol:) but they have two days off now and then back with full force for the three last shows of the tour; Richmond, Raleigh and Atlanta. I have a very good feeling about the last three. Hopefully all of you guys who are still on the fence will make it! :)

Interesting take. A bit more of a take on the NYC show...

Dark Empire - I really love the new disc, and the new vocalist. The band was tight, but the sound was muddled. The sound gal did an awful job, as the levels were completely off.
Muddy, huh? I wouldn't have been able to tell, because my head was right next to the stage-right PA speaker, and I had the monitor blaring at me from the floor. So I had no perspective on what the sound was actually like in the crowd. However I heard just enough of the drums and vocals to be as on point as I could. :)

Muddy, huh? I wouldn't have been able to tell, because my head was right next to the stage-right PA speaker, and I had the monitor blaring at me from the floor. So I had no perspective on what the sound was actually like in the crowd. However I heard just enough of the drums and vocals to be as on point as I could. :)

I was standing right next to you during the show and thought the sound was a bit muddy, but perhaps because I was too close to the PA. Still when I moved towards the back of the room it sounded a bit better. The touring bands sounded clearer, but that's expected. You all did a good job though.

3 more days and the tour is over. Who's going to Richmond tonight, Raleigh tomorrow and Atlanta on Saturday!?!?

with 4600+ views, there had BETTER be a fair amount of folks at these last three shows! :devil:

shameless plug:

WhiteWizardATL4x6.jpg

we'll also be celebrating my 46th Birthday! woohoo!

I mean, isn't it worth a few bucks to come out and tell to me to my face that I'm getting too old to do this anymore? :loco:

Word in the street is that Raleigh was AWESOME!!

Aye sir that is correct! I can't put a number on how many people were there cause the place is divided into like 3 main areas a small little cafe, a somewhat small hall where the stage is, and then another room for smokers I guess. If I had to put a guess I'd say at least 60 people on average per band? I suck at estimating though... Maybe Justin can give a better estimate.

Everybody was awesome including Knightmare who I had never heard of prior to the show. One of the highlights for me was talking to Chris and the rest of the guys from Widow again and seeing my money go into his pocket. He even asked me to help carry his amp onto the stage but someone closer beat me to it lol.

Going into to this I was really looking forward to White Wizzard for one of their cds had impressed me the most. When they got on stage though I thought their mix just sucked. Maybe it was just location but I couldn't hear the guitarist on the right at all unless they were doing a dual malmsteen like line. Everbodys vocals were low, but I came into this expecting this type of situation... its more then likely gonna happen lol. [/end nerd]

Other minor gripes - being distracted by two wasted chicks and their dude friend during Widow. It was "go get a room!" bad imo. Soon as they left everything was cool.

Just got the numbers, 120 paid.

Biggest show of the tour so far. :)

ahem! you hear that Atlanta?! you gonna let the metal scene in Raleigh show us up?! You know you got nothing better to do tonight other than watch your DVR of 'Say Yes to the Dress' with your S/O while clipping your toenails. :ill:

So drag that S/O out to Marietta and throw some horns at the stage while these bands bring their A-Game for the final show on the official tour! :kickass:

Wow. 120 is the highest attendance. That's sad. I'm proud to say I was one of about 30 at the Allentown show. The U.S. metal scene blows hard.