Tour Announcement: WHITE WIZZARD, ICARUS WITCH, WIDOW

WHile I'm sure all 3 bands are fantastic when I saw this bill I was scratching my head and thinking who is going to really go to the show if 99.99% of the people outside this forum have never heard of any of the 3 bands. Sadly the Kamelots, Jag Panzers and Rhapsody's don't draw well outside the PRogPower USA setting so I'm not sure why people sounded surprised that 30 people went to KC and 10 to Illinois. I wish the bands all the luck in the world. I'm hoping the rest of the tour goes better.

WHile I'm sure all 3 bands are fantastic when I saw this bill I was scratching my head and thinking who is going to really go to the show if 99.99% of the people outside this forum have never heard of any of the 3 bands. Sadly the Kamelots, Jag Panzers and Rhapsody's don't draw well outside the PRogPower USA setting so I'm not sure why people sounded surprised that 30 people went to KC and 10 to Illinois. I wish the bands all the luck in the world. I'm hoping the rest of the tour goes better.

all bands have to start somewhere. You are not going to get any attention by not touring unless you are one of those lucky bands.

To the contrary most of the people who will be going out to see these bands are probably not even in this forum. And I would be amazed if everyone of these dates even had people from this forum. I'm even still surprised to even see these bands talked about here.
But I could be wrong,I have heard that the metal world is flat beyond a forum.

To the contrary most of the people who will be going out to see these bands are probably not even in this forum. And I would be amazed if everyone of these dates even had people from this forum. I'm even still surprised to even see these bands talked about here.
But I could be wrong,I have heard that the metal world is flat beyond a forum.

You beat me to it.

I have said it MANY times. I am not at a point in my life where every week I have free time to go to a metal show. I am VERY selective in what I go to. Comes with the territory of having a family. It's the reason I have never been to Prog Power. I don't even go to all the shows locally I want to go to.

Please clarify what you mean though when you say I can't call myself a "fan"?
A fan of metal? A Fan of these particular bands?

And no, I was indeed not at all trying to be cynical. Your decision making process was spot on. MoJoes does indeed do metal shows. KNowing the area, as I said, a local band who could get another 25 friends or so could have helped out. I agree 100% that the venue loses too if they don't take the local band being a good fit for the gig into consideration.

Did you work with mpshows at all?

Jason, I wasn't specifically talking about you (Jason), but speaking in general. I think if you call yourself a fan of a band, a 45 min drive is nothing if you don't have any other major responsibilities that need to take priority. Trust me, I have a family too and know all about not being able to go to concerts as much as I want to. It is what it is. Sorry for the confusion, but I wasn't directing that at you personally.

As far as mpshows, I didn't work with them. Should I? I got two bigger tours in the plans (one will drive some people here nuts, the other will make some question my sanity, lol)...

WHile I'm sure all 3 bands are fantastic when I saw this bill I was scratching my head and thinking who is going to really go to the show if 99.99% of the people outside this forum have never heard of any of the 3 bands.

I disagree with that. If I had booked Circus Maximus, Cloudscape and Saint Daemon, than I'd agree with you 100%.

zinescene said:
I wish the bands all the luck in the world. I'm hoping the rest of the tour goes better.

Thank you very much, bro. :)

Jason, I wasn't specifically talking about you (Jason), but speaking in general. I think if you call yourself a fan of a band, a 45 min drive is nothing if you don't have any other major responsibilities that need to take priority. Trust me, I have a family too and know all about not being able to go to concerts as much as I want to. It is what it is. Sorry for the confusion, but I wasn't directing that at you personally.

As far as mpshows, I didn't work with them. Should I? I got two bigger tours in the plans (one will drive some people here nuts, the other will make some question my sanity, lol)...

MPShows is the way to go. They do a lot at Reggies and almost most of the Ultra Lounge shows. They have places all over the city and most people keep an eye on thier site / facebook for show updates. While they are not familiar with this side of the metal spectrum, you will at least get a date in the city where foot traffic is better than you would get in the burbs since a lot of people in the city dont drive. Defiently worth checking them out.

While they are not familiar with this side of the metal spectrum, you will at least get a date in the city where foot traffic is better than you would get in the burbs since a lot of people in the city dont drive. Defiently worth checking them out.

This is the biggest issue I have with them.

If you can work with them, as Bob said, you can get into a venue in the city folks are familiar with. Keep in mind that city = true traditional metal, doom metal, stoner, psych, etc.......

A prog metal band will definitely do a lot better in the burbs. This is certainly just my opinion.

The WW / Icarus Witch show lays somewhere in the middle, so I think it could have done well in the city.

Jason, I wasn't specifically talking about you (Jason), but speaking in general. I think if you call yourself a fan of a band, a 45 min drive is nothing if you don't have any other major responsibilities that need to take priority.

No worries. Yeah, I agree 100% that if you are able to go to a gig and you are a fan of the band, using the excuse that the venue is 45 minutes away is not much of an excuse.

This is the biggest issue I have with them.

If you can work with them, as Bob said, you can get into a venue in the city folks are familiar with. Keep in mind that city = true traditional metal, doom metal, stoner, psych, etc.......

A prog metal band will definitely do a lot better in the burbs. This is certainly just my opinion.

The WW / Icarus Witch show lays somewhere in the middle, so I think it could have done well in the city.

this is very true....metal for MPshows is thrash / black / hipster noise. Even at Reggies which is one of the best clubs in the city have a hard time making solid line ups when it comes to getting locals on a bill. But this is the way you will want to go if you can worth with them in getting a city show.

Umm...the time I saw Kamelot they drew pretty damn well back when we had the Pearl Room. While they lost Khan, I imagine after this tour with Nightwish, they'll draw pretty well again.