Watching the Arcturus - Shipwrecked in Oslo DVD = Auto Nomation for Prog Power VIII

I'm assuming that you wouldn't have the power (nor maybe worth your time), to include in the contract, that if ICS cannot show due to Dimmu obligations, that Øyvind Hægeland (or a proper replacement) would show? (perhaps due to your connections with Spiral Architect...). Or Maybe Tore would get Jorn. lol. Or... Kristoffer Rygg.

Just a thought. Then again, I'm sure that no matter the 'cancellation fee' they always could promise that and then turn their back on you.

I'd say I'm glad I don't have your job. But I'd be lying. Love it if I could do what you do. Anyhow. Peace.

Harvester said:
You folks do realize that Dimmu will be touring on a new release next year correct? Even if Arcturus would commit, they would cancel at the drop of a hat if Dimmu decided to do some dates during the same time period close to the date of the show?

For example, let's assume that Dimmu does Ozzfest next year. I would worry about them booking some headline shows right afterwards since they are already in the States. Arcturus shows would be canned in a heartbeat.

Your logic is such a buzz kill Glenn. But maybe if Arcturus cancelled, they'd just give you Dimmu Borgir instead. I wouldn't see a problem with that :headbang:

The Michael

Jim_LotFP said:
....in print so fine it resembles an LotFP font.

:lol: Yep, then they'll never find it.......never in a million years....

Michael TEOF said:
Your logic is such a buzz kill Glenn. But maybe if Arcturus cancelled, they'd just give you Dimmu Borgir instead. I wouldn't see a problem with that :headbang:

B-B-B-B-But Dimmu is evil black metal, with growly vox, totally inappropriate for a festival like ProgPower--

Err, waitaminute. If they did a set with lots of songs featuring Vortex's smooth vox, like "Reptile," "The Insight and the Catharsis" and (of course) "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse," that would pretty much rule.....and rip the roof off of Center Stage.

SharkBlack said:
Just got my Arcturus DVD in the mail today!!
This is one of the best concert vids I've seen in a long time. Arcturus RULE!
And they need to play Progpower at some point! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Amazing.:worship:

Just ordered the dvd, i can't believe i took advice from a raider fan LOL, will start getting the cds too, thanks Brett!!!

Flavio CotM said:
Just ordered the dvd, i can't believe i took advice from a raider fan LOL, will start getting the cds too, thanks Brett!!!

No problem buddy!

I must be crazy to be a Raider fan. But I still have my Sharks!!! :kickass:

The DVD is killer. Wish I was at that show.
As for their CDs The Sham Mirrors stayed in my player for months... and Season of Mist was much the same... Great Anvant Garde Metal:headbang: