who else loves grilling?

bball_1523 said:
I just ate some grilled greek chicken and shish ka bob (spelling?) at a greek festival today and yesterday. It was reallllllly goooooooooddddddd too, especially the spices they used.

I wouldn't mind learning how to grill, maybe someday. By the way, send me some of those burgers.
shishkababs are the best!

I cook a lot, and I also combine grilling a lot in my cooking...
nothing better than to merinade a good piece of chicken, or to get fresh Salmon Fillet or Tuna fillet of a good tenderloin and grill it with some
home made potatos and some greens.........
those kind of meals win every time !!!!

Dead_Lioness said:
nothing better than to merinade a good piece of chicken, or to get fresh Salmon Fillet or Tuna fillet of a good tenderloin and grill it with some
home made potatos and some greens.........
those kind of meals win every time !!!!

......ahhhhh...now you're making me feel REALLY hungry. I feel I must consume a grilled chicken product asap..... :loco:

Dead_Lioness said:

wow, congratulations, really! I'd never think you'd have time for big cooking sessions, with the busy life of yours, full of travels and fun. :wave: and booze. :D :D

oh, and to add, I hate the electric grill, the meat doesn't taste as nice as when prepared on the nice charcoal fire.... :devil:

Hey Will... you know when you go to a show and watch a guitar player that's so good, it makes you want to just quit and never play again?

That's the reason you shouldn't ever watch me use a grill! I mean, if you enjoy grilling, that is.

And gas sucks. Charcoal all the way!

indeed will. like i said, those grilled veggie burgers you were kind enough to supply us with were ACE. i thought so anyway.

MFJ said:
That's true, but the problem is that people often do not want those jobs. Everyone goes into culinary expecting to complete their studies just before gettin a job at Mario Batali's restaurant... too many refuse to start at the "less classy" level. It's always good to start from the bottom, just to get used to the biz!

It's also good to start at the bottom to learn what *not* to do as well. :)

Now that I have a covered deck to grill on, I can grill year round. I use charcoal, but that's just becauset that's all I have.

What's your favorite grilling marinade/bbq sauce? For a marinade, I love using soy sauce, sesame oil and minced garlic. It's got a nice flavor and is not heavy/overbearing. I have no favorite bbq sauce.