Who would be in your PP USA Hall Of Fame?

Meanmistreator

Granada Porch Crew
Feb 25, 2004
Savacountry
What would qualify a band for the Hall Of Fame? Would it be a great performance? Of all the shows at Earthlink, I've only missed PP III. Man, I've seen some great shows.
:worship:
1)Evergrey at PP II - My first festival type show. God they were good.
2)Jon Oliva's Pain - Jon has been my hero for years and to be able to sit around and talk with him can't be described. And that friday night was sooo big that I didn't even care about saturday.:loco:
3)Vanden Plas - were pure perfection.

special mentions - Dreamscape, Pagan's Mind, Circle II Circle, Tad Morose. We live in a great time!

From an objective standpoint, no one has equaled Edguy at PP III. The audience reaction/participation has still not been surpassed.

My personal picks"

I- Pain of Salvation
II- Angel Dust, Evergrey, Symphony X
III- Edguy, Gamma Ray, Angra
IV- Pagan's Mind, Nightwish
V- WOMD, Brainstorm, Tad Morose
VI- Orphaned Land, Therion, Conception, Circus Maximus

Glenn H.

I have only been to last years, but my favorites from last year were Circus Maximus, Conception, Angra, Symphorce, & Stratovarius. I am sure Manticora would have been on there as well, but I arrived late.

Of the ProgPowers I have been to -

IV - Evergrey, Nightwish
V - Tad Morose, Edguy, Brainstorm (the surprise of the weekend)
VI - Orphaned Land (special mention goes to the preparty show as well), Therion, Symphorce

Cool thread

PPUSA 1 - Symphony X & PoS
PPUSA 2 - Kamelot, Angel Dust, Evergrey & Symphony X ( It was a show of shows)
PPUSA 3 - Angra & Zero Hour
PPUSA 5 - Tad Morose & Brainstorm
PPUSA 6 - Circus Maximus & Conception

:headbang:

Bear

In no order:

Conception - Almost every fest goers WET dream!

Gamma Ray - First Appearance in the US AND the only band to have the curtain pulled on them! lol

Oyvind "I like Stuff" from Spiral Architect - The inspiration behind the "...if a band member passes out in your room....don't call me..."

Symphony X - GREAT replacement for Nevermore at PP 1.0 as well as their other 2 perfomances.

Ark - Jorn & Tore, need I say more....

Angel Dust - really had the place rockin'

Honorable mention - Dreamscape - for coming back to play the pre-party, and still having just as much fun!

This year - Who knows?
J-Dubya

Pain of Salvation at PP I ownz every other performance. It was the greatest 150 minutes of live music I have ever experienced (and this is from seeing over 150 concerts..mostly being in the last 6 years however).

others: the 2 other PoS's...
Superior, Zero Hour (2 bands who notbaly opened the festivals once)
Evergrey at PP II also comes to mind.

Kyle

Bear said:
Cool thread

PPUSA 1 - Symphony X & PoS
PPUSA 2 - Kamelot, Angel Dust, Evergrey & Symphony X ( It was a show of shows)
PPUSA 3 - Angra & Zero Hour
PPUSA 5 - Tad Morose & Brainstorm
PPUSA 6 - Circus Maximus & Conception

:headbang:

Bear

How did I forget kamelot? I've seen Kahn three times counting Conception!

"You consumed my flesh and blood
You took my soul so easily":worship:

Megawozniak said:
-Therion
-Rage!
-Orphaned Land
-Brainstorm
Sad to say I missed Tad Morose, which I now regret.

Urban and TM was the surprise of the weekend. They rocked the house!:hotjump:

"I don't care if I should die today
my history remains, you know I never really paid
not even half of what I gained":worship:

Of the festivals I've been to I'd nominate ...

Prog Power IV
-----------------
Circle II Circle - The reason I drove from Texas to Atlanta. Jon Oliva joning them onstage for the encores made it even more special.

Nightwish - They totally blew me away as I was mostly unfamiliar with them before the show and didn't think I'd care for the vocal style. Now I actually enjoy bands with operatic female vocals. Then there was the touching Marc Brueland story that we all learned about after the show.

Evergrey - I also saw them in Cleveland at BW&BK that year but they were SO much better at PPIV! Watching Tom S. Englund play the 9min "Trilogy of the Damned" with only a keyboard accompanyment was an amazing moment.

Symphony X - A great set followed by the 25min encore of the Odyssey

Prog Power V
---------------
Edguy - I missed PPIII (first found out about the fest the week after it was over) so this was my big chance to see one of my favorite bands and they didn't dissappiont. Special guest appearances by Timo Kotipelto and Rob Rock only made it more special.

Brainstorm - I knew they'd be awesome after they stole the show at BW&BKII. Once again they were amazing. I'll never forger Andy B. Franck jumping off the stage and climbing up the stairs to see the guy in the wheelchair.

Tad Morose - They completly blew me and everyone else away. They were something special.

WoMD - Jon Oliva, Chris Caffery and Steve "Doc Killdrums" Wacholz! A dream performance for Savatage fans!

Prog Power VI
------------------
Pink Cream 69 - One of my favorite bands that I never thought I'd get the chance to see. A personal dream come true!

Circus Maximus - Just a killer breakout performance that had both prog and power metal fans talking afterwords.

Orphaned Land - An amazing acoustic performance at the pre-party followed by an awesome show on the main stage - and I don't even like "growl" vocals! Once again PP expands my horizons!

Therion - Speakng of expanding your horizons! This was another band that really surprised a lot of people - myself included.

Conception - Possibly the most talked about set in PP history. A real dream come true for many in attendance.

Once again, thanks to Glenn for making so many dreams come true! I can't wait to see what he's got lined up for us this year!