Who's in your ProgPower Hall of Fame?

My favorites, in no order after PoS. I'll stop at 10 (that's so hard!)

Pain of Salvation at PP I- Best show I have ever seen!
JOP at PP V
Orphaned Land at PPVI
Redemption at PP VIII
After Forever at PP VIII
Riverside at PP IX
DSO at PP X
Seventh Wonder at PP XI
Jon Oliva's Wednesday night masterpiece whatever year that was.
Mindcrime's Wednesday show last year?

1.Pink Cream 69 (pp 6)
2.Silent Force (pp 3)
3.Rob Rock (pp 9
4.Hammerfall (pp 11
5.Royal Hunt (pp 10
6.Jorn (pp 7
7.All Star Show (pp 8
8.Kamelot (pp 5
9.Angra (pp 6
10.Delain (pp 11

i didn't want to count any of the showcases like Dc. Cooper at pp6,or Helloween pp9 . you could make a thread of that itself, because there have been lots of kickass midweek and showcase shows!

Well said, Dreamscape, Orphaned Land and Circus Maximus get my no-brainer vote for pre-party goodness.

Also nice that Silent Force made it to someone else's list too.

The following bands have given what I would consider to be 10 out of 10 performances...

Angel Dust - II
Edguy - III
Vanden Plas - IV
Brainstorm - V
Tad Morose - V
Pagan's Mind - VIII
Circus Maximus - X
Sabaton - X
Accept - XI
HammerFall - XI

It is funny Greg, but as different as our taste is sometimes musically, our list is pretty similar.

BoP - II
Angel Dust - II
Vanden Plas - IV
Pagans Mind - IV
Brainstorm - V
Tad Morose - V
Pagans Mind - VIII
Pagans Mind - X
Sabaton - X
Accept - XI

Bryant

Been coming since 2002 (PP III). Since I rarely give a short list without spouting lots of useless words, here are the bands that just slayed the audience and were, in my opinion, special in some way beyond just putting on a good performance.

III
Edguy
- The standard by which all other 3rd bands were measured. Tobias bought his band a headlining slot with his audience interaction.

IV
Circle II Circle
- Zak Stevens and the band was dead on, and the crowd loved it.

V
Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Otherwise known as An Evening with Savatage. Call me a fanboy if it makes you happy, but the crowd's reaction to this performance was amazing.

Tad Morose - Urban Breed grabbed a hold of the audience and never let go.

VI
Circus Maximus
- No other choice is allowed. From the unknown band that Glenn picked off of a promo to one of the most popular of PP bands. What a performance.

Therion - Perhaps a half level lower than CM, but a band that won over so many people with an astounding live performance. I recall not loving their stuff, but waiting for them to come on so I could hear one or two songs, as I always do. I wound up staying the whole set, amazed.

VII
Freak Kitchen
- Another Glenn choice that many questioned, myself included. They won me, and everyone else, over with a combination of music, humor, showmanship, and vibrators.

VIII
Pagan's Mind
- They were good the first time they played PP. By the next time around, they solidified themselves as 1/A or 1/B with Circus Maximus as the PP "house band".

IX - Loved Amorphis, Oliva's Pain, and Saint Deamon, but I don't think anyone distinguished themselves enough to reach this category.

X
Sabaton
- I doubt anyone would argue their effect upon the crowd. Even Glenn walked out saying "future headliner."

XI Only a few days past. I listed three, but two years from now only one may stand out.
Accept - Still fresh in everyone's head, the band was as professional and energetic as they come. One of the surprises of the fest for me.

Seventh Wonder - Honestly still debating this one, internally. Might deserve to be included.

Hammerfall - Another surprise. I've seen them before and expected fun but a little boring. I got an onslaught of power metal by a band putting forth a great performance.

Steve in Philly

Vanden Plas - IV
Brainstorm - V
Conception - VI
Therion - VI
Freak Kitchen - VII
Evergrey - VII
Primal Fear - VIII
Pagan's Mind - VIII
Redemption - VIII
Riverside - IX
Mustasch - IX
DSO - X
Sabaton - X
Accept - XI
Seventh Wonder - XI

Evergrey
Freak Kitchen
Pagan's Mind
Spheric Universe Experience
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Sabaton
Circus Maximus
Seventh Wonder
DGM
Leprous

My favorite live shows are ones that don't have (m)any piped in backing tracks. The bands actually plays ALL their music and hit all their vocal harmonies live.

My Top 5: Fates Warning, Circus Maximus, Jon Oliva’s Pain, After Forever, and the Crimson Glory Tribute. Oops, plus the All-Star Jam.

Honorable mention to DSO, Sabaton, and Mustach for giving kick ass performances...although the music wasn’t necessarily my cup of tea.

And since I didn’t discover PP until VII, my top 5 “wish they were in my hall of fame” are Symphony X, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Stratovarius, Edguy, and Vanden Plas.

I started attending at ProgPower VI in 2005. My favorites from each:

VI - Stratovarius, Angra, Therion, Orphaned Land, Manticora, Circus Maximus (didn't see the showcase that year, but DC Cooper would be one I'd like to see)

VII - Evergrey, Jorn Lande, Epica, Thunderstone, Vision Divine, Pyramaze (with Lance), Mercenary (almost RIP)

VIII - Pagan's Mind, Sonata Arctica, After Forever (RIP), Primal Fear, Threshold, Firewind (still wish Apollo was there), Comminic, Cellador, Krucible

IX - Amorphis, Riverside, Saint Deamon, Pathosray, the entire showcase (Helloween/Gamma Ray/Manticora)

X - (not counting repeats) SABATON, Suspyre, DSO

XI - DGM, Tarot, Seventh Wonder, Tyr, Borealis, Kamelot

I've been coming since PPV, but had to sit on the sidelines this year. :cry: Anyway, my hall of fame performance consist of:

1. Weapons of Mass Destruction ...need I say more?
2. Brainstorm ...my first exposure to Brainstorm and have been a fan ever since
3. Tad Morose ...my first exposure to Tad Morose and have been an Urban fanboy ever since
4. Circus Maximus ...one of the most polished sets I've ever seen
5. Rob Rock......Rob is one of my favorites and delivered in every way possible
6. Fates Warning.....it was a treat seeing these guys on stage again playing a full set
7. After Forever...Floor and the boys rocked my socks off
8. Epica...Simone looks and sings like a goddess and her band isn't half bad either
9. Iced Earth...for me this set was a treat, because it was my first time seeing them
10. Jon Oliva's Pain...with the above statement said, JOP upstaged Iced Earth that year...the crowd was still buzzing from Oliva and Co. when the Iced Earth boys took the stage...

~Brian~

I've been to all PP's since 3 and can honestly say the All-Star Jam is the greatest thing they've done.
That blew my mind.

The bands that stand out for me were:
Angra - has killed both times they have played PP
Pagan's Mind - one of the best sounding bands
Edguy - their PP3 performance was great
Brainstorm - their first time was great
Jorn Lande - fantastic set
Sabaton
Rob Rock

10. Jon Oliva's Pain...with the above statement said, JOP upstaged Iced Earth that year...the crowd was still buzzing from Oliva and Co. when the Iced Earth boys took the stage...

~Brian~

Totally agree with that statement. Of the two years I've been to Progpower that was the one set I truly wish was extended.

I've only been coming for the last 4 years but here are my favorites from each.

VIII - Pagan's Mind
VIII - Firewind
IX - Helloween
IX - Gamma Ray
IX - Amorphis
X - Circus Maximus
X - Pagan's Mind
XI - Leprous
XI - Accept
XI - Seventh Wonder
XI - Nocturnal Rites

I'm picking one band from each fest. This isn't an easy task for most of the fests, as there have been plenty of outstanding performances:

I--Pain Of Salvation
II--Angel Dust
III--Angra
IV--Vanden Plas
V--Brainstorm
VI--Conception
VII--Freak Kitchen
VIII--Pagan's Mind
IX--Pathosray
X--Crimson Glory
XI--DGM

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I've only been coming for the last 4 years but here are my favorites from each.

XIII - Pagan's Mind
XIII - Firewind
IX - Helloween
IX - Gamma Ray
IX - Amorphis
X - Circus Maximus
X - Pagan's Mind
XI - Leprous
XI - Accept
XI - Seventh Wonder
XI - Nocturnal Rites

Did you go through a timewarp? Firewind and Pagan's Mind for XIII? Good to know. :lol: I'm such an asshole.

Hard to choose just 10 of course, there are quite a few more that pretty much equaled these performances but for various reasons here are mine:

Weapons Of Mass Destruction -V
Accept -XI
Evergrey -II
Tad Morose -V
Pagan's Mind -X
Crimson Glory -X
Stride -VI
Firewind -VIII
Vanden Plas -IV
Steel Prophet -II